wee_od's scouting reports | Page 5 | Vital Football

wee_od's scouting reports

So, time for another update! As it is a busy time of the season, there is not much focus on player transfers so I've not been finding many new players. However I have come across 1 new striker who looks like he could be good to get on board and I found a promising looking defender while playing Fifa11.

First of all, the striker. Croatian-born, Austrian striker Deni Alar is 21 years old and has scored 12 goals in 26 league appearances this season and is one of the top scorers in the Austrian Bundesliga. Another 3 games in the Cup and 2 goals takes his tally to 14 goals in 29 games this season, plus 4 assists. Of the 29 games, he has started 23 games and been subbed off in 11 of them.

At a little over 6ft, Alar has a decent presence on the pitch, good pace, good finish and is meant to be very good in the air. His club, SV Kapfenberg have not had a good season, currently sitting 8th in the league, they will not get relegated but Alar has been the shining star this season. When none of the other young strikers are able to step up and take their chances, Alar has! He is in the final year of his contract and so should be available on a free this summer. Not at least having a look at a good young striker like this would be stupid!

[YOUTUBE=jrrfZaZAZvk]

The young defender from Fifa11 is one Zarko Tomasevic. 21 year old, LB/CB and around 6ft 2. Tomasevic is a full Montenegro international and currently plays for C.D Nacional in the Portuguese top flight. He has only made 9 league appearances so far this season and normally plays at CB or LB but he can more or less play anywhere in defence. Of the 9 appearances this season, he has only started 4. He has come on as a sub in 5 games and been substituted off in 1.
However last season, his first season in the full squad, he made 27 appearances, 7 of which were from the bench and another 7 he was substituted off in. Of the 27 appearances, 7 were in Europe and so he has that vital European experience. Additionally Tomasevic made 3 appearances for the Montenegro U21s and was subsequently called up to the full Montenegro squad where he came on as a substitute.

Tomasevic is comfortable with both feet and so can play RB or anywhere in defence. He has pace and so is good going forward. His main weakness although something I think he is working on and improving is his upper body strength where he can be outmuscled, especially when jostling for headers.

His value according to transfermarkt.co.uk is around £800K and his contract is until 2013. An offer of around £1M should be enough to get him. Might be worth a look for back-up and his versatility and pace would be great as it's something that would be a helpful addition to our current defence.

I could only find one video with him and its a headed goal in a game against Austria Vienna:
http://www.hellofooty.com/nacional-vs-austria-vienna-5-1-europa-league-goals-highlights-16-12-2009

Santiago Garcia is a 20 year old Uruguayan striker currently playing Nacional Montevideo in the Uruguayan top flight.

He has been in/around the first team for three seasons now. His first appearance was back in the 08/09 season where he made a total of 8 appearances, scored 1 goal, was booked once and sent off once and made 2 starts and was subbed off in only 1 of those.
09/10 season saw him make 18 appearances for club and 3 for his country where he scored 4 goals for his club and 1 assist and 1 goal for his country. Of his club appearances, he started 10 games, of which he was subbed off 6 times and this season, he only picked up 1 booking and no red cards.
This current season 10/11 has been his big breakthrough season. 24 games and scored 19 goals so far. Of the 24 games, he has started 20 and played the full 90 minutes 16 times. His goal tally this season includes 15 goals in 15 games in the Primera División Apertura. This season has also seen Garcia chip in with 4 assists and he has been booked 4 times.

Garcia is a powerful striker. He is just under 6ft but is good in the air thanks mainly to his upper body strength and his heading technique. He is not the type of striker to be pushed off the ball and in a shoulder to shoulder, 50-50 ball....chances are he will win! He is a very good finisher, with his left or right foot or with his head! Garcia also has decent pace, he is not lightning quick but quick enough for his current club but it is something that he could do with improving if he is to really make it at a bigger club. Garcia is more of a poacher in that he does not possess great skill, his dribbling ability is not going to wow anyone and so you won't see him beating players before scoring. He tends to be in the right place at the right time and that is how he scores his goals.

As a young player, he still lacks experience of different match situations and his concentration can often be lacking during games which sees him almost completely drift out of the game.

Garcia has a very good work ethic and works very hard for the team. He covers a lot of ground and distributes the ball well to his team-mates. He is also apparently very good at dragging defenders out of position and creating space for his team-mates!

Garcia is all but unknown outside of South America but with the way he is progressing and once he plays for the full national team.....he will be on the move to a bigger league and a bigger club.

No reason we shouldnt try and get in there early, could easily be one we could make a profit on!!

[Youtube=HM0MUWZQR5Q&feature=related]

Quick update.....I think I have found us a new GK for next season, if Celtic don't at least look at this lad, they need their arses booted! I mentioned him before when I did a bit on GKs. Grzegorz Sandomierski, the next Artur Boruc basically. 21 years old, already called up to the full Poland squad, learning from Boruc and Fabianski when with the Poland squad and well, just watch this new video of him.....he looks OUTSTANDING!

[YOUTUBE=zVD6a9lsuO4]

Looks good, we need to get rid of Sallyoska, and Cervi and get not only a first team starter but better back up keepers, one young and one experienced would be ideal.

Pedro1888 - 16/4/2011 13:25

Looks good, we need to get rid of Sallyoska, and Cervi and get not only a first team starter but better back up keepers, one young and one experienced would be ideal.

Agree! Sandomierski would be good as back-up but one person said to me they don't think he would come unless it was for first team football as thats what he's getting now and showing he can do a good job of it I should add. But you never know, coming to a big club, might be enough. Should put a stipulation in his contract saying he will get x amount of games a season, cup games etc....

the big problem for GKs is that if they don't play, they can lose their touch and ability a bit. possibly one of the reasons Cervi has not done as well as they expected......he hasn't exactly played! :emoticon:21

Been doing a little bit of searching and found a few strikers who could be good buys for us! They aren't exactly well known but they could be ready to make the step up!

First is Sebastian Ribas. A 23 year old, 6ft 2 Uruguayan striker currently playing in the French second division for Dijon (yes, like the mustard!). This season has seen him score 22 goals and 3 assists in 35 games! He can score with either foot, has good striking instincts, good skill and ability, a decent turn of pace, he is strong and well built and is a good target striker as he can play on the shoulder of defenders and is good in the air and scores with headers (something we are lacking!).

Ribas originally came through the youth ranks at Inter Milan but was sold in 08/09 to Dijon when he was 20 years old. His contract expires this summer and so would be available on a free. He would appear more than capable of making the step up and at only 23 years old, can still go on to become an even better player!

[YOUTUBE=dSWGiPTGXSI&feature=related]

Up next is Vinicius Lopes. 23 years old, just under 6ft 1, Brazilian currently playing mid table side BK Hacken in the Swedish top flight. He joined the club from Cuzeiro in 2008 when we he was just 20 years old. He is yet to make an appearance for the club since the 2011 season started last month and last season he was mainly used as a substitute but still helped the club with six assists and one goal. His performances before that have been more impressive as you can see from his videos.

He is a big strong player with impressive pace. He has excellent technique and control, great dribbling skills, he can shoot equally well with either foot, his anticipation to get onto loose balls is impressive and his movement on and off the ball is very good as well. He has good vision and awareness and unlike many Brazilians, is very dangerous in the air and scores quite a lot of goals with his head! This is partly down to his movement in the box and partly down to having a decent standing jump!

Vinicius would be a cheap buy with his value being rated at only up to around £500K, might be perfect as an impact sub, especially as he is still young and can still develop his game further! He would have no problems coming into our first team either however. He can be used as a wider player as he likes to be creative and can cut infield, he can play as a support striker or he can play as one of a front two and he can play the lone striker role as well! He would bring a bit more flair and unpredictability to our offence. If you are worrying that he wouldn't be able to cope and still do his stuff on pitches such as Fir Park, fear not.....playing in Sweden has prepared him well for what Scotland has to offer. You can see the terrible state of some of the pitches in the video!

[YOUTUBE=fac100AI1HQ]

Third on the list is Alexander Gerndt. 25 year old, just under 6ft 1, Swedish striker currently playing for Helsingborgs in the Swedish top flight. He joined them in July of last year and has since been a revelation, scoring 12 goals and contributing 2 assists in just 14 games last season! This season he has managed 5 goals and 1 assist in 11 games.

Gerndt has a SWEET left foot and can take a mean free-kick! Gerndt tends to be used as a support striker as he is very good at running onto balls flicked on by target men! He's quick, can score with either foot and is a good finisher! Helsingborgs are playing well in Sweden at the moment having narrowly missed out on the title last season and they have started this current season well, fighting it out at the top of the table already! Helsingborgs, despite doing well domestically, are struggling for money and Gerndt could be available for around £2M. Helsingborgs have another few players we should possibly look at trying to sign and take advantage of their financial situation.

Gerndt is also capable of playing on either wing as well.

[YOUTUBE=CHIKY1Ll-yU]

Fourth, Mathias Ranegie. 26 (soon to be 27) year old, 6ft 4 Swedish striker currently in red hot form for BK Hacken (yes that is the same club as another striker I have already mentioned). This season has seen Ranegie bang in 6 goals in 7 games!

Not much information to go on with him but he is in form, did quite well last season as well and he has the height we have been lacking up front!

The second player mentioned above is actually now playing in South Korea. He moved there in February it seems....still worth a look at perhaps, I like his style and actually think he could do well in Scotland for us!

that 2nd player i have just had a scan at of his video, he takes the goals nicely n looks a useful size n build,get in touch with the club when u find a real jem u never kno u could help sign the next henrik! i dont see lenny having his eye on this striker to be honest but i think he would be decent not sure about in europe though.

afcbliamk - 17/5/2011 23:10

that 2nd player i have just had a scan at of his video, he takes the goals nicely n looks a useful size n build,get in touch with the club when u find a real jem u never kno u could help sign the next henrik! i dont see lenny having his eye on this striker to be honest but i think he would be decent not sure about in europe though.

I think its perhaps unlikely at the moment anyway as he only moved to South Korea in February, but perhaps one to keep an eye on! There are other good strikers out there though! just need to know where to look to find the good ones that have gone unnoticed! The French and German second tiers seem to be good!

its good lookin at these videos but surely some young bhoys must be knocking on the door like young tony watt and keatings etc

I would hope so steve. Tony Watt has put in some cracking performances for the U19s this season and really made the difference in a number of games.
Keatings has been in suprerb form the last few seasons and if we don't get him involved soon, he might never get in.

Using them from the bench this season, having them travel with the squad (like Filip Twardzik has been doing, not sure if many others have) to get them familiar with what match days are like and I still personally feel giving them a chance in the CIS Cup would be best....see if they can handle it! That's the only way we will find out!

Latest Celtic News