Wednesday's Major Football Meeting | Vital Football

Wednesday's Major Football Meeting

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
I hear lunch and drinkies were excellent.

A sensible resolution - don't be stupid.

The Premier League, English Football League (EFL) and representatives of the game's players and managers have all agreed that the season cannot resume until it is "safe and appropriate to do so".

"No decisions were taken today with discussions set to continue in the next 48 hours with a focus on several high-profile matters, including player wages and the resumption of the 2019/20 season."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...son-resumption-only-when-safe-and-appropriate

-----

In other news Vital Villa, I've had a meeting with myself and decided that in the interests of my safety I will need to have another meeting to decide whether walking in front of a speeding double decker bus could be detrimental to my health.

Fucking pathetic and a fucking shambles. They should hang their heads in shame.

The worst message that should've been sent today was:

Football understands, but there are complex legal issues that need to be resolved first and we will endeavour to do that as quickly as possible. All parties agreed that when we have agreement on those resolutions, all decisions will be automatically backdated to today's date.

Had they said that - I'd have applauded. I can't but help think they are stringing this out for the extra wonga for a week.

Ha, very good MF.

And to be clear, I would HATE you to walk in front of a bus.

I wouldn't mind pushing you mind you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Ha, very good MF.

And to be clear, I would HATE you to walk in front of a bus.

I wouldn't mind pushing you mind you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

The choices eh mate. Push me and avoid any future emails, or damage a perfectly good bus lol

In other news Vital Villa, I've had a meeting with myself and decided that in the interests of my safety I will need to have another meeting to decide whether walking in front of a speeding double decker bus could be detrimental to my health.

Talking gets you nowhere, Mike. The only way you can decide this is to try it :grinning:

giphy.webp

You're off my Xmas card list McP. At least JF thought about the poor bus!

Let that be a lesson to you lol

Fair play Eddie Howe , the first premier league manager to voluntarily take a "significant " pay cut.

And if a double decker bus
Kills the both of us

Sorry , needed a Smiths moment

Walking out in front of a double decker bus would be so bloody selfish mike. I mean apart from making all the passengers late for whatever they are travelling for, why take it out on a poor bus that's never harmed you before.

Thinking about it, what are all those people doing travelling together on a bus anyway, have they not heard of social distancing?
Fuck them I say, walk out in front of a double decker bus mike, only do it far enough in front that the driver can screech to a halt throwing the passengers all over the place.

I must admit that the only double decker I'd consider throwing myself at is covered in chocolate.

Football stinks at the moment, F1 calling off races, Wimbledon calling it a day and football hanging on just in case they lose money absolute joke
Mmmm...agreed but I think the issue goes deeper than that and could potentially ruin many clubs. Lose the TV money or even pay it back and there could be incredible consequences. I think we'd all think twice in that situation. Yes the general situation is very serious but would you invite total ruin without a second thought?

Wimbledon and other one-off events do not have on-going players' contracts to pay so cannot be compared.