The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread

I just don't see how we could be in breach. If you look purely at the losses it looks like we are, but lots of things are 'allowable losses' under the current regulations, meaning that there are things that don't count in FFP calculations. Now that we've seen the accounts for all 3 seasons in the Champ, the worst case my untrained eye can see is a breach of up to £5 mil, with the best case being that we're actually £2-3 mil under the limit.

Championship clubs are concerned that the Premier League will not impose a points deduction on Aston Villa if they are found to have breached profit and sustainability rules.

Villa, who were promoted to the top flight after beating Derby County in Monday's Championship play-off final at Wembley, are among a number of clubs — Derby included — currently operating under a soft transfer embargo while the English Football League continue to assess their P and S submission.

https://dailym.ai/2QAmnMt

Who are these bitter, jealous clubs, it could never be Bristol Shitty, Birmingham shitty, Tesco bags or piddlesborough could it? They always want Villa to do well......

I seriously would nt worry too much. I believe there is something in the rules that state that as long as the club recognise the situation and are trying to resolve any FFP issues they are ok.

You have to remember that all the spending occurred under a different owner - Xia. Our new owners can demonstrate that they have acted appropriately in attempting to address FFP concerns.

No, that's mitigation argument and gives leeway ala Milan on extent of punishment but it doesn't absolve anything.

The EFL have the numbers - this report just leans heavily on Gibson's wibblings to justify it. The EFL and Prem already have agreements in place so promotion is no longer an escape.

I believe the EFL also receive in March an estimate of the current year's financial position and use that in coming to a decision before promotion becomes an issue, so reckon we'd have heard by now if there was a problem.

Yup, that's my understanding. They only moved so quickly with Birmingham as their breach was already evident from last season, so didn't necessarily depend on 2018/19 provisional figures - that defined the size of the breach, knowing already they had breached.

I think it was why the points deduction came straight in (as opposed to delayed until start of 2019/20) as otherwise you could say they were being punished two years after, but that's only my guess.