Weather Update | Page 2 | Vital Football

Weather Update

South Birmingham is not a bundle of laughs right now. Not alot of snow but blizzard conditions with strong winds is now causing issues. Bracing myself for bad stuff tomorrow!

The wind this morning on the east Coast is absolutely bone chilling, just took the dog out for the shortest walk ever, the snow is now set like concrete under foot.

Wifes school still closed....The teacher is smiling.!.!

In the warm decorating maybe aint so bad after all, cant do much else anyhow in these conditions.

Keep warm everyone.

Another day in home office for me.
No need to venture out.
Mrs DG at work in hospital before 7.30 am so buses running ok,
City centre area roads fine but still problems with secondary roads and
paths and weather forecasters say minus 8 today due to the winds
FFL has talked about.

Has anyone seen a lost 7 ton truck! left the depot in Norwich yesterday at 08:00 for mine 18 miles away....Still waiting, good old DX eh!

I got to work today but wish I hadn't as it is cold and more snow on the way so getting home could be a nightmare.

Apparently, we will be informed later if the game is going ahead later.

DF said that the lads will get the day off tomorrow and back in training Sunday and Monday.

I wish I was a footballer - two days work then you have one big day and then off again.

He said that he got the players in to train on Wednesday and the players wanted it off but as he said 'I am German so no day off'. He said that he will give them double sessions today.

Pinto will be back in training this week but isn't around at the moment because his partner has just given birth.

DF said that the British player's attitude to working when it snows makes him laugh.

The modern-day footballer: DF had to say about players.

'It was very funny on Wednesday, there was so much snow and all the German lads were in at the normal time of 9am. Most of the British lads were thinking it was a day off and sending in pictures of the snow, saying ‘The roads are blocked, we can’t come in today’. It was the same with the training staff. My (British) goalkeeper coach rings me and says: ‘I just can’t come today'. I’m thinking this is a brilliant day for keepers to train in the snow.

'Most of the players live close to the stadium and the Germans were in on time. Marley (Watkins), a Welsh guy, and I think the Welsh guys are very tough, he sends me a photo of some snow on top of his car. I can understand the Portugal guys. Nelson (Oliveira) was sending me a picture saying the roads are too dangerous to drive. I sent him a picture back of Louis Thompson, a British player who lives two houses away from Nelson, and he was in at the normal time and was ready. I accept the sun is always shining in Portugal. Maybe it is a cultural thing. I get the feeling here with snow everything is not possible.

'Normally we have the session at 9am so we said to everyone: ‘okay the streets are a bit tricky sure. We have put training back to 1pm’ but even at 1pm, and I don’t want to criticise the British players, but at 12:50pm Jamal (Lewis) sends me a picture saying there is so much snow. I know this. That is why we put the session back.

'Nelson tells me again it is too dangerous to drive. I said: ‘Nelson, I drove on those roads at 9am. When I was driving I could see cars with young women and old women, old men and young men and children, and it is not too dangerous for them but yes my 25-year-old tough striker it is not possible to be in the car today’. I can’t accept it at all.

'To be fair they were all in, Jamal was a bit later. I have to adapt to the thought that when it snows nothing here works. Even my television is not working for the past seven days. No technical guy can come out because it is snowing. I am the only head coach in Western Europe who is not able to watch football games on the telly because of some snow.'

There are our kids' role models!

I remember playing Sunday league in the snow - It wasn't the best but it was fun. The worst bit was when the mud became ice and I'd slide tackle and fuck my leg up or the ball would hit me in the bloody cold.

You can bet that these modern footballers are all upset that DF just embarrassed them. Oliveira sounds like a bit of a pussy to be honest and the British guys sound like lazy gits. All that money and your car doesn't work in the snow!

Does seem a little off for DF to label them by their country why not just say some of the lads did this etc. but he seems to like his German guys.....if it wasn't for these regulations I am sure he would have an all-German side.

By the way who is our GK now?

Couldn't resist this!!!!

Now THAT'S the yellowbelly spirit! Brilliant 'Snow Angel' volunteers come to the rescue of those in need of help

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/now-thats-yellowbelly-spirit-brilliant-1290666

We are just not used to snow in this country so the infrastructure doesn't support any weather crisis unfortunately. The whole country, at different times, has come to a standstill this week. I can see where DF is coming from, but perhaps he shouldn't make such a public joke of it. Mind you I would expect the average footballer's car to be able to cope with a few wintry roads depending on their route and distance.

Let's face it.... a few of them fancied a snow day!! They're only human despite their pay!

Most people with 4x4 vehicles have them equipped with summer road tyres, which are totally unsuitable for driving on frozen snow. The vehicles that were/are pulling vehicles back onto roads are generally equipped with off-road tyres. Winter tyres, which have a compound that remains flexible at low temperatures are a legal requirement in some countries, which have low temperatures during the winter; they are rare in the UK.

Positive heat wave at the moment +1° C!