Weather tomorrow... | Vital Football

Weather tomorrow...

... looking a bit nasty!

That's nowt a tiny bit of cold and a sprinkling of snow!

When I were a lad they used to play footie in 6 foot high snow drifts, we used to walk 20 miles in a pair of old clogs and only had a tatty old pair of shorts a grotty old coat and me trusty old flat cap. It were that cold you had to break the ice off the top of your cup of Bovril at half time. Modern day namby pamby's with their gloves and thermals on. By heck it were tough in the old days!

Last edited:
... looking a bit nasty!

What's the chances of the game being called off? Do we have a heated pitch now? I can't remember.
Or maybe the polis might call things off if there's a chance of somebody slipping over ?

When might we know one way or another as I have a Welsh mountain to drive drown then the pennines to ascend and descend before reaching Lincoln (And then same trip in reverse and in the dark)

That's nowt a tiny bit of cold and a sprinkling of snow!

When I were a lad they used to play footie in 6 foot high snow drifts, we used to walk 20 miles in a pair of old clogs and only had a tatty old pair of shorts a grotty old coat and me trusty old flat cap. It were that cold you had to break the ice off the top of your cup of Bovril at half time. Modern day namby pamby's with their gloves and thermals on. By heck it were tough in the old days!

You was lucky

What's the chances of the game being called off? Do we have a heated pitch now? I can't remember.
Or maybe the polis might call things off if there's a chance of somebody slipping over ?

When might we know one way or another as I have a Welsh mountain to drive drown then the pennines to ascend and descend before reaching Lincoln (And then same trip in reverse and in the dark)

Check the forecast. Last I looked, 50% chance of snow during the game.

Are you real with the heated pitch statement?

Probably be completely different tomorrow knowing the weather in this country lol!

Hope so, but looking on the beeb weather site:
2pm gusty wind to 44 mph, light snow temp 1' feels like -6'.
3pm wind gusts to 45mph, heavy snow.
4 and 5pm 45mph gusts and hail....Lol!
Good luck!