Wealdstone | Vital Football

Wealdstone

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Should, in theory, be a routine victory. However, years of supporting Pools has taught me never to take anything for granted.
If we are to maintain a push to be involved with the season end playoffs a draw is required as a minimum!
I'm assuming that DC will go with the same starting eleven who will hopefully have too much nous for Wealdstone.

On paper we should win this match but of course football is not played on paper. I am wondering if a nerve jangling 1-0 is on the cards. With the chasing pack having all those games in hand, three points is a must but like you OP, I have followed Pools long enough not to be surprised by anything so any of the three possible results are perfectly possible. Who would have predicted the Weymouth loss or the Kings Lynn draw that could easily have been a defeat? Anyway, fingers and toes crossed.

The fingers and toes certainly did the trick Alf2.
So far other results on the day have gone well for Pools too.

A long way to go but even I am starting to feel, a little bit, positive!

I think we should kick off at 12.30 more often. Unbelievable result. I am wondering if Richie Bennett is the final piece of the jigsaw because he is able to do what Parkhouse and Bloomfield cant. Obviously he is on fire at the moment so all we need now is for Stockport to recall him. Good to see Oates back and scoring, I gather he went off hopefully just to rest him and have a look at how Ellis got on in a competative match. One teensy weensy moan: I wish we hadn't given those two goals away at the end because goal difference could turn out to be crucial when all is done and dusted. Wouldn't it be awful if we missed out on automatic promotion by a goal difference of two. Anyhow, I'll have a beer or two to celebrate in my own garden. Hope you enjoy one or two yourself, OP.