We wish you well, Christain. | Vital Football

We wish you well, Christain.

Spursex

Alert Team
It was a horrible thing to see and I don't think the BBC or the broadcasters covered themselves in glory with the way they dealt with it,.

But a heart attack at his age (and that's what it was) is pretty shocking, I can't see how he can return to football, but already it seems he has other ideas.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Eriksen remains in hospital in Copenhagen in a stable condition, but is undergoing further tests to ascertain what may have caused the medical emergency.

In a message via his agent, Martin Schoots, to Gazzetta dello Sport, he said to supporters: “Thank you, I won’t give up,”

“I feel better now – but I want to understand what’s happened.

“I want to say thank you all for what you did for me.”

It was a horrible thing to see and I don't think the BBC or the broadcasters covered themselves in glory with the way they dealt with it,.

But a heart attack at his age (and that's what it was) is pretty shocking, I can't see how he can return to football, but already it seems he has other ideas.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Eriksen remains in hospital in Copenhagen in a stable condition, but is undergoing further tests to ascertain what may have caused the medical emergency.

In a message via his agent, Martin Schoots, to Gazzetta dello Sport, he said to supporters: “Thank you, I won’t give up,”

“I feel better now – but I want to understand what’s happened.

“I want to say thank you all for what you did for me.”

I'm sure that all Spurs fans, in fact football fans everywhere, wish him well. A sickening event to see, and sadly he probably won't play again. He should be remembered as one of the 'fab four' who were at the heart of the best Spurs team for decades.
I read yesterday that he experienced a cardiac arrest, whereby he was unconscious, the heart stopped, and had to be resuscitated, as opposed to a heart attack where the patient is normally still conscious throughout.
Not sure I knew the difference previously, but this obviously and thankfully is a rare event involving a top sportsman, and whatever happens going forward, hopefully he won't be lost to the game.

Shocking scenes to watch, but thankfully due to the great work by Kjaer, the prompt action of the ref and the work from the medical staff, they managed to pull him through.
How awful it must have been for his wife to have to witness such an event.
A great player who must have doubts about whether he will play again and if he does how will he cope with it mentally.
I saw him each time he played down at Bournemouth and would put him in the top two or three players that I've seen down there.

It was horrible but well done to everyone that acted so quickly and effectively. First Aid is so important and saves lives.
I wish Christian a speedy recovery. As Hobo says forget football for now and concentrate on getting better.

No matter how acrimonious his departure from us was he will always be remembered as a Tottenham great, I remember when Ireland played Denmark a few years ago he dismantled us on his own and ran the show,a class act and I wish him a speedy recovery.

He is having an ICD fitted - a heart defibrillator so that it can kick start his heart if it detects an odd rhythm, so perhaps no great surprise but his chances of playing again are slim to none.

I genuinely feel for him and his family - at his age, it is going to be tough to kick your life on without football.

He is having an ICD fitted - a heart defibrillator so that it can kick start his heart if it detects an odd rhythm, so perhaps no great surprise but his chances of playing again are slim to none.

I genuinely feel for him and his family - at his age, it is going to be tough to kick your life on without football.

Psuchologically totally agree EX .... financially he is bound to be ok compared to the masses.

What about coaching ?

Hopefully he takes plenty of time off to rest, recover and appreciate the simple things in life.

If he wants to carry on in football in some sort of capacity all he has to do is look at Mason to realise he can do that.

It will take him time to get over the fact his playing days are over but he is very lucky to be alive. He is financially set for life, he has a good family behind him. Sometimes you just have to enjoy what you do have.

He can take his time and make a decision further down the line. I'm sure there will always be a job for him at Spurs or Ajax.

I'm just glad he is recovering well. I know 2 men that died from the cardiac arrest. Fit as a fiddle as well.

‘I’m only 29’: Danish player Christian Eriksen’s first words after cardiac arrest during match

Andrew Ellson
Thursday June 17 2021, 12.00pm, The Times
Euro 2020
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F9f332942-cf4b-11eb-9bfa-a3bc386e6928.jpg

Midfielder Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch during the Denmark-Finland game last week after a cardiac arrest

The doctor who helped to revive Christian Eriksen after he suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch last week has revealed what the Danish star said moments after regaining consciousness.
The Inter Milan and former Tottenham midfielder collapsed during the first half of the Euro 2020 match against Finland in Copenhagen and required CPR before being taken to hospital.
Jens Kleinefeld, the German doctor who was one of the first on the scene at the Parken Stadium, said that about 30 seconds after receiving CPR Eriksen opened his eyes. He told Fox Sports: “That was a very moving moment, because in such medical emergencies in everyday life the chances of success are much lower.”
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F15a6e06a-cf55-11eb-9bfa-a3bc386e6928.jpg

Christian Eriksen recovering in hospital in Copenhagen
EPA
Kleinefeld said that he asked Eriksen, “Well, are you back with us?”, and the player replied: “Yes, I am back with you. For f***s sake, I’m only 29 years old.”

The comments came as Morten Boesen, Denmark’s team doctor, announced that Eriksen would have an electric heart-starter, known as an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), fitted because his cardiac arrest was caused by “rhythm disturbances”. In a statement Boesen said: “After Christian has been through different heart examinations it has been decided that he should have an ICD (heart starter).