We will test double jab entry.. | Page 3 | Vital Football

We will test double jab entry..

Anyone else know friends that have been told to turn off the covid app by their employer?

This is happening everywhere.

Thing is, the Delta strain can be very hard to detect. It can lie dormant whilst testing negative and then on the 14th day BANG! So if you're at the wrong side of the cycle and test negative 48 hours before the game, you could very well pass it on to hundreds on game day.

Scott, with respect, and I'm judging here, you sound like you've not had both jabs yet.

Imagine if everyone had both jabs at the game. The chances of it spreading would be tiny. That's why we're all getting vaccinated Scott. It's the only forward from this horrible virus.

That's the problem. It wouldn't be tiny. I went 5 times to Wembley during the Euro's, double vaccinated for most of that time and ended up with COVID. It's because of the exponential number of interactions you have with other people queuing to get in, getting a pint, use the gents etc, not to mention the crammed public transport on match day. It can mostly negate the 40-50% reduction in transmissibility when you're having hundreds of more exposures to other people.

Your incubation period logic is valid though. I would have probably been in that incubation period on the Sunday of the final. I tested positive on the Tuesday.

All this being said, until a mutation comes out that is worse than the Delta, we will just have accept that people will be getting COVID with milder symptoms after double jabs. I can't imagine what symptoms I may have had without it.

So our personal choice is to attend these super spreading events and accept that we may get COVID during the course of the season. Otherwise, stay at home and don't go.

That's the problem. It wouldn't be tiny. I went 5 times to Wembley during the Euro's, double vaccinated for most of that time and ended up with COVID. It's because of the exponential number of interactions you have with other people queuing to get in, getting a pint, use the gents etc, not to mention the crammed public transport on match day. It can mostly negate the 40-50% reduction in transmissibility when you're having hundreds of more exposures to other people.

Your incubation period logic is valid though. I would have probably been in that incubation period on the Sunday of the final. I tested positive on the Tuesday.

All this being said, until a mutation comes out that is worse than the Delta, we will just have accept that people will be getting COVID with milder symptoms after double jabs. I can't imagine what symptoms I may have had without it.

So our personal choice is to attend these super spreading events and accept that we may get COVID during the course of the season. Otherwise, stay at home and don't go.

Believe me, I know what those symptoms would have been like, I was lucky, I got through it, but it was touch and go for a week and could have gone badly wrong, as it is, I'm still trying to recover my physicality, mental acuity and strength.

The side effects don't bother me if they are short term. My concern is the longevity of the effects. There are plenty of people over 100 days in with serious problems.

I'm more concerned about my wife who already has numerous issues anyway.

People with health issues should have been seen by doctors first. Not just chucked under the bus and hope for the best.

As I said yesterday everyone is being forced into having the vaccine in one way or another. Without it you won't have a life or long term a job.

Maybe it's different where you were, but again and again it was repeated in almost every sigle vaccine message - that if you had any concerns about the vaccine or before you had it you should discuss it with you GP - why didn't you?

Believe me, I know what those symptoms would have been like, I was lucky, I got through it, but it was touch and go for a week and could have gone badly wrong, as it is, I'm still trying to recover my physicality, mental acuity and strength.

Were you vaccinated when you caught it? Did you ever find out what variant you had?

It is becoming apparent that with Covid there are no hard and fast reactions to it or the vaccine . People have varying levels of reaction. RD strikes me as being pretty fit and Ex too from memory. Both have had adverse reactions to either the virus or the jab.
We don't have enough science yet to conquer this thing, I just hope eventually we will .

Were you vaccinated when you caught it? Did you ever find out what variant you had?

Was not vaccinated, had the original variant. Obviously, vaccinated now, but had to wait 30 days after infection to have the first jab, it was more like 45 in the end, but in between they made it clear that re-infection was entirely possible, had second jab about 6 weeks ago.

First jab just gave me a couple of days of mild symptoms, second jab almost nothing worth even mentioning.

I have volunteered for the new booster variant specific jab and am told I've been accepted - know no more yet.

It is becoming apparent that with Covid there are no hard and fast reactions to it or the vaccine . People have varying levels of reaction. RD strikes me as being pretty fit and Ex too from memory. Both have had adverse reactions to either the virus or the jab.
We don't have enough science yet to conquer this thing, I just hope eventually we will .

The really big breakthrough will come from the 'intervention' drugs i.e. the anti-virals, if you can treat it effectively when caught, that will be the science breakthrough - trials are ongoing now, and I expect with 12 months that breakthrough will happen.

Last edited:
The really bog breakthrough will come from the 'intervention' drugs i.e. the anti-virals, if you can treat it effectively when caught, that will be the science breakthrough - trials are ongoing now, and I expect with 12 months that breakthrough will happen.

So is that a combination of vaccine and treatment or eventually treatment only ?

So is that a combination of vaccine and treatment or eventually treatment only ?

By then I think the hope is a combo or it will stand on it's own in terms of stopping it become terminal or causing long covid i.e. attacking your organs as it has with me.

If they can stop that, it will greatly reduce severity and hopefully deaths; one trial I am following actually stopped it in it's tracks in 9 of the 10 volunteers, but for now until it moves into bigger trials that's all I know.

Was not vaccinated, had the original variant. Obviously, vaccinated now, but had to wait 30 days after infection to have the first jab, it was more like 45 in the end, but in between they made it clear that re-infection was entirely possible, had second jab about 6 weeks ago.

First jab just gave me a couple of days of mild symptoms, second jab almost nothing worth even mentioning.

I have volunteered for the new booster variant specific jab and am told I've been accepted - know no more yet.

So theory supported that is you went to the stadium double jabbed and got the delta variant, you may just have reduced symptoms similar to what I had. Anyone without vaccines at supers spreader events are just sitting targets.

After my recent COVID, I've now been invited by ZOE to take an antibody finger prick test. I've completed the online forms and awaiting the home kit. It will be interesting to see what I learn from that.

By then I think the hope is a combo or it will stand on it's own in terms of stopping it become terminal or causing long covid i.e. attacking your organs as it has with me.

If they can stop that, it will greatly reduce severity and hopefully deaths; one trial I am following actually stopped it in it's tracks in 9 of the 10 volunteers, but for now until it moves into bigger trials that's all I know.
Ex, can you remember how your illness started, intensified and progressed over time ? Could you feel your organs being affected? Lungs are the obvious ones but heart, brain, kidneys etc ? Did it all happen at once or did it kind of travel around your body ?

Ex, can you remember how your illness started, intensified and progressed over time ? Could you feel your organs being affected? Lungs are the obvious ones but heart, brain, kidneys etc ? Did it all happen at once or did it kind of travel around your body ?

Mild headache, that rapidly got worse (felt like head was exploding), aching limbs (flu like and temp went up) then breathing difficulties (couldn't catch my breath) but I had oxygen at home - I had pre-bought and was was prepared. Went straight onto that, then pain in my upper body/back, lungs got worse very rapidly (was scary) - BP went crazy, Oxygen levels in the blood went down dramatically - was then taken into hospital and that is when they pull no punches that the next few days will decide whether next step is critical care and intubation or maybe some easing - they did give injections of drugs etc - but I'm fcuked if I know what they were now. Spent 5 days in, and took a turn for the better, they get you out asap if they think you are out of danger and then a nurse/GP rings you everyday, you report symptoms and stats: BP, Oxygen levels, Temp, and they also ask you to supply blood samples (DIY) if you have the stomach/able to (I did).

Had x-rays of lungs, MRI of kidneys and liver (both have no yet recovered full function - but are improving).

General weakness and tiredness is the big issue and mental fog now - you just have to force yourself to combat it and carry on (if possible).

Last edited:
Maybe it's different where you were, but again and again it was repeated in almost every sigle vaccine message - that if you had any concerns about the vaccine or before you had it you should discuss it with you GP - why didn't you?

Because I couldn't get an appointment.

Believe me we tried. I think I phoned my gp in Swindon then here over 50 times. Waiting hours in a que.

I have qued at the 7am in the morning to be turned away because there are no appointments.

People aren't getting cancer treatment so anyone going to the quacks for advice are not going to get anywhere.