We will test double jab entry.. | Vital Football

We will test double jab entry..

Spursex

Alert Team
Absolutely delighted to hear this, as I'm fully behind this being a condition of entry..

Spurs to trial Covid pass for fans attending pre-season double header against Arsenal

Spurs have confirmed that adults must have received both doses of a coronavirus jab or tested negative within 48 hours to be admitted

By Ben Rumsby 27 July 2021 • 5:20pm

Full vaccination could become a condition of entry to large events from October onwards Credit: PA

Tottenham Hotspur have become the first club to announce a Covid pass trial amid Government plans to ban unvaccinated people from attending Premier League matches.
Spurs confirmed on Tuesday that adults attending their men’s and women’s double-header against Arsenal on August 8 – the men’s teams’ final pre-season friendly – must have received both doses of a coronavirus jab or tested negative for the disease within 48 hours of kick-off.
The club said the trial – from which under-18s will be exempt – would allow them “to begin preparations for the potential of full vaccination against Covid-19 being a condition of entry to large events from 1st October”.

More teams are expected to carry out similar trials in the coming weeks.

The announcement came barely two days after Telegraph Sport laid bare controversial Government plans to bar those who had not been fully vaccinated from attending mass events featuring more than 20,000 spectators, with a negative test no longer deemed sufficient.

Tottenham urged those attending the August 8 games to ensure they had downloaded the NHS App – which stores an individual’s Covid Pass – onto their mobile device.

TELEMMGLPICT000230430417_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqDiDrV97xgDFjc_F6AHtCzf4Xpit_DMGvdp2n7FDd82k.jpeg

“Passes will be checked by a steward between the initial ticket check at the bottom of the stairs leading to our podiums and ahead of arrival at our turnstiles,” they said.
“Full details on presenting the NHS Covid Pass and a step-by-step guide to entering the stadium will be provided ahead of the event.

“The trial will only add one step to the existing stadium entry process that supporters are familiar with and will allow us to control the flow of supporters into the stadium as the additional check is made.
“Supporters will be asked to download, screengrab or print a copy of their NHS Covid Pass QR Code to ensure they are able to present it quickly.
“It also further ensures the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff as we begin hosting capacity crowds for the first time since March, 2020.”

Spurs advised those attending “to wear a face mask or covering on entry to and exit from the stadium, when queuing and on concourses, except when you are eating or drinking”. They added: “Our staff will also be wearing face coverings at all times for your safety.”

The announcement drew a mixed response on Twitter, with some praising the club for “helping to keep spectators safe”, some complaining of “discrimination”, and others upset they had not been informed of the requirement before buying their tickets.

The NHS Covid Pass has already been used as part of the Government’s Events Research Programme, including during this summer’s European Championship.

Telegraph Sport has been told Covid certification will also be in use at the Community Shield between Manchester City and Leicester City at Wembley on August 7.

Absolutely delighted to hear this, as I'm fully behind this being a condition of entry..

Spurs to trial Covid pass for fans attending pre-season double header against Arsenal

Spurs have confirmed that adults must have received both doses of a coronavirus jab or tested negative within 48 hours to be admitted

By Ben Rumsby 27 July 2021 • 5:20pm

Full vaccination could become a condition of entry to large events from October onwards Credit: PA

Tottenham Hotspur have become the first club to announce a Covid pass trial amid Government plans to ban unvaccinated people from attending Premier League matches.
Spurs confirmed on Tuesday that adults attending their men’s and women’s double-header against Arsenal on August 8 – the men’s teams’ final pre-season friendly – must have received both doses of a coronavirus jab or tested negative for the disease within 48 hours of kick-off.
The club said the trial – from which under-18s will be exempt – would allow them “to begin preparations for the potential of full vaccination against Covid-19 being a condition of entry to large events from 1st October”.

More teams are expected to carry out similar trials in the coming weeks.

The announcement came barely two days after Telegraph Sport laid bare controversial Government plans to bar those who had not been fully vaccinated from attending mass events featuring more than 20,000 spectators, with a negative test no longer deemed sufficient.

Tottenham urged those attending the August 8 games to ensure they had downloaded the NHS App – which stores an individual’s Covid Pass – onto their mobile device.

TELEMMGLPICT000230430417_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqDiDrV97xgDFjc_F6AHtCzf4Xpit_DMGvdp2n7FDd82k.jpeg

“Passes will be checked by a steward between the initial ticket check at the bottom of the stairs leading to our podiums and ahead of arrival at our turnstiles,” they said.
“Full details on presenting the NHS Covid Pass and a step-by-step guide to entering the stadium will be provided ahead of the event.

“The trial will only add one step to the existing stadium entry process that supporters are familiar with and will allow us to control the flow of supporters into the stadium as the additional check is made.
“Supporters will be asked to download, screengrab or print a copy of their NHS Covid Pass QR Code to ensure they are able to present it quickly.
“It also further ensures the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff as we begin hosting capacity crowds for the first time since March, 2020.”

Spurs advised those attending “to wear a face mask or covering on entry to and exit from the stadium, when queuing and on concourses, except when you are eating or drinking”. They added: “Our staff will also be wearing face coverings at all times for your safety.”

The announcement drew a mixed response on Twitter, with some praising the club for “helping to keep spectators safe”, some complaining of “discrimination”, and others upset they had not been informed of the requirement before buying their tickets.

The NHS Covid Pass has already been used as part of the Government’s Events Research Programme, including during this summer’s European Championship.

Telegraph Sport has been told Covid certification will also be in use at the Community Shield between Manchester City and Leicester City at Wembley on August 7.

Seen this?

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/international-covid-pass-verifier-app-user-guide/

I downloaded it and have been going around checking anyone that will let me for a laugh. It just gives the persons name and a tick in the box that they either have vaccines OR LFT/PCR test OR immunity. However, it does not pass any personal information from database to database.

I can see this being extensively used by Sports and Entertainment as well as the Travel industry. The EU model is different. Their QR code can be interpreted and they have shared the public decryption key. So any of those sectors can now pull the data direct into their business system.

Seems to me different policies in place between EU and UK and I'm hoping the UK soften their stance i.e. allow some data to be passed from the NHS cloud to the merchant without companies like THFC having to use people rather than technology to do the check. That is what went wrong at Wembley.

Don't agree with this at all, a negative test yes but just because you've been double jabbed it shouldn't make no difference.

Don't agree with this at all, a negative test yes but just because you've been double jabbed it shouldn't make no difference.

But it does; medically. You're around 40-50% less likely to transmit the virus or catch it if you've been double jabbed v a single jab v no jab at all!

Sadly, even now the efficacy rates for quick tests are still nowhere near good enough to be completely relied upon., tests are coming that can be effective and quick, but they're still in trials.

I accept that this will perhaps force many younger people to have the jabs if this requirement is spread to other mass events, (which again for the common good I think it should be)... the needs of the many outweigh the few ...now who said that? :hmmm:

Of course, individuals have the right (at the moment), not to protect themselves (for whatever reasons), but by the same token, the rest of society has the right to insist that they too are at liberty to ask that they should be protected from this minority (and they are now the ones who are the biggest spreaders).

I welcome the government's stance, they should have done this much sooner, it's logical and a commonsense thing to do.

But it does; medically. You're around 40-50% less likely to transmit the virus or catch it if you've been double jabbed v a single jab v no jab at all!

Sadly, even now the efficacy rates for quick tests are still nowhere near good enough to be completely relied upon., tests are coming that can be effective and quick, but they're still in trials.

I accept that this will perhaps force many younger people to have the jabs if this requirement is spread to other mass events, (which again for the common good I think it should be)... the needs of the many outweigh the few ...now who said that? :hmmm:

Of course, individuals have the right (at the moment), not to protect themselves (for whatever reasons), but by the same token, the rest of society has the right to insist that they too are at liberty to ask that they should be protected from this minority (and they are now the ones who are the biggest spreaders).

I welcome the government's stance, they should have done this much sooner, it's logical and a commonsense thing to do.

The problem becomes your 1 to 1 interactions go exponential which negates the value of the 40-50% less transmissibility. So I'm a little cynical that employing people to look at a piece of paper or a phone record will make much difference to reduce the super-spreading that will occur.

Public transport, pubs, shops, the stadium, the toilets, the stadium bars etc. I also wouldn't trust a football fan taking a lateral flow test at home. They will just scan the LFT code or type it in and never stick the swab in their mouth. Even if they did it honourably, they could come up with a negative test and be positive by the time they get to the game because of the incubation period of COVID.

Logically, sports and entertainment have to do something to show willing. Statistically, I don't think it will make much difference because of the exponential interactions people have even at 40-50% less transmissibility with 2 vaccines.

The problem becomes your 1 to 1 interactions go exponential which negates the value of the 40-50% less transmissibility. So I'm a little cynical that employing people to look at a piece of paper or a phone record will make much difference to reduce the super-spreading that will occur.

Public transport, pubs, shops, the stadium, the toilets, the stadium bars etc. I also wouldn't trust a football fan taking a lateral flow test at home. They will just scan the LFT code or type it in and never stick the swab in their mouth. Even if they did it honourably, they could come up with a negative test and be positive by the time they get to the game because of the incubation period of COVID.

Logically, sports and entertainment have to do something to show willing. Statistically, I don't think it will make much difference because of the exponential interactions people have even at 40-50% less transmissibility with 2 vaccines.

Well, I agree on the testing - it will prove/achieve little, except perhaps make people mindful of precautions...

Statistically speaking, anything that lowers mass events impact as super-spreaders has to be worth it and could well be what forces so many sceptics into getting vaccinated.

I also think stories like this from the BBC about a young football coach who thought he was too fit to have it (of which there are now many every day) should be widely publicized. see link:

Wishing he'd had teh vaccine proved too late for him.

Just last week I had first-hand knowledge of a 27 year old lady who was pregnant who was a sceptic along with most of her family, who was begging for the vaccine - but of course, by then it was too late, she and her baby have subsequently died.

So we have to do something to get those who aren't having it get it done.

Whilst we're on it, some excellent news here:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/cor...ts-protection-against-covid-19-delta-variant/

Last edited:
Well, I agree on the testing - it will prove/achieve little, except perhaps make people mindful of precautions...

Statistically speaking, anything that lowers mass events impact as super-spreaders has to be worth it and could well be what forces so many sceptics into getting vaccinated.

I also think stories like this from the BBC about a young football coach who thought he was too fit to have it (of which there are now many every day) should be widely publicized. see link:

Wishing he'd had teh vaccine proved too late for him.

Just last week I had first-hand knowledge of a 27 year old lady who was pregnant who was a sceptic along with most of her family, who was begging for the vaccine - but of course, by then it was too late, she and her baby have subsequently died.

So we have to do something to get those who aren't having it get it done.

Whilst we're on it, some excellent news here:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/cor...ts-protection-against-covid-19-delta-variant/

Of course, every life is worth saving.

Just wish we could perform this test using technology, not people.

I felt genuinely sorry for the COVID stewards at Wembley.

Of course, every life is worth saving.

Just wish we could perform this test using technology, not people.

I felt genuinely sorry for the COVID stewards at Wembley.
If every life was worth saving then we'd still be in lockdown...

If every life was worth saving then we'd still be in lockdown...

The question is how many lives would be lost from continuing to lockdown and would this exceed covid deaths.

Mental health and domestic abuse numbers are through the roof. All public services are stretched beyond capabilities and that's not even getting into how the economic issues are likely to have long standing effects on businesses and their employees.

The question is how many lives would be lost from continuing to lockdown and would this exceed covid deaths.

Mental health and domestic abuse numbers are through the roof. All public services are stretched beyond capabilities and that's not even getting into how the economic issues are likely to have long standing effects on businesses and their employees.
oh I don't disagree and I think relaxation of restrictions is correct. But by doing so you accept that lives will be lost. "Every life is worth saving" is just one of these phrases that people say that annoys me...

I still feel shit from the 2nd dose.

My wife can barely walk due to the inflammation caused by the spike protein. Plenty of people are coming out confirming major issues but are getting shut down.

I totally get why some are waiting to see what happens. It won't matter soon anyway, employers will be making it compulsory just like every other business.

oh I don't disagree and I think relaxation of restrictions is correct. But by doing so you accept that lives will be lost. "Every life is worth saving" is just one of these phrases that people say that annoys me...

Agreed. The needs of the many are more important than the rights of the individual.

I just want them to re-open US travel. I wana go to horror nights 🤣

Very few governments have shone through this ordeal. Trump/Biden and our clown have been among the worst.

We are extremely lucky the mortality rate for this is not terrible...

if something truly bad were to occur...after this little test run...I am fairly confident in saying, we would be screwed. (like every man for themselves and smoke'em if you got'em!)

Thing is, the Delta strain can be very hard to detect. It can lie dormant whilst testing negative and then on the 14th day BANG! So if you're at the wrong side of the cycle and test negative 48 hours before the game, you could very well pass it on to hundreds on game day.

Scott, with respect, and I'm judging here, you sound like you've not had both jabs yet.

Imagine if everyone had both jabs at the game. The chances of it spreading would be tiny. That's why we're all getting vaccinated Scott. It's the only forward from this horrible virus.