We Will Not | Vital Football

We Will Not

ChipButtyBlade

Vital Squad Member
Win a game in whats left of this year,be lucky to get two draws,possibly relegated by end of March.

Chelsea > A...........Lose
WHU > H................Lose
WBA > A.................Draw
Liecester > H........Lose
S/ampton > A.......Lose
Man U > H.............Lose
Brighton > A........Lose
Everton > H..........Lose
Burnley > A...........Draw

Anyone fink i am nuts please say so :help:

WHU > H................Draw
WBA > A.................Win
Leicester > H........Draw
Southampton > A.......Win
Brighton > A........Draw

Not sure how exactly but I'm just going off the belief that Wilder's not suddenly totally lost it...

Win a game in whats left of this year,be lucky to get two draws,possibly relegated by end of March.

S/ampton > A.......Lose
Brighton > A........Lose

Just for the record, I think you are nuts. We will be fine, I'm thinking mid table finish.

S/ampton > A.......Lose
Brighton > A........Lose

I dont agree with that. My opinion is:
Chelsea Draw
WHU Draw
WBA Win
Leicester Lose
Southampton Draw
Man U Draw
Brighton Win
Everton Draw
Burnley Draw

So that is 12 points rather than your 2. Still not brilliant but something to build on, if we can add some midfield quality in January.

S/ampton > A.......Lose
Brighton > A........Lose

agreed, we cant score simple as that,or score more than the oppo

Chelsea Draw
WHU Draw
WBA Win
Leicester Lose
Southampton Draw
Man U Draw
Brighton Win
Everton Draw
Burnley Draw

So that is 12 points rather than your 2. Still not brilliant but something to build on, if we can add some midfield quality in January.

I admit that scenario could happen my minor concern is we can't keep clean sheets and have another problem we can't score goals. Like your optimism though.

I admit that scenario could happen my minor concern is we can't keep clean sheets and have another problem we can't score goals. Like your optimism though.
I am working on the basis that Wilder is not that stubborn and realises we need better and earlier service to the strikers. Little tweaks will make a huge difference. We only conceded one goal against Man City so surely we have a fighting chance if we start getting earlier crosses into the box for our strikers ?. A percentage of our fans have us down already which is rididulous.

If Wilder doesn't get out of his sulky stubborn rut then it is possible we don't win any of them.

But surely he will do whatever's right for the club.

He might have fucked it somewhat with recruitment but he still has enough in that squad to get the results to keep us within touching distance of safety.

If Wilder doesn't get out of his sulky stubborn rut then it is possible we don't win any of them.

But surely he will do whatever's right for the club.

He might have fucked it somewhat with recruitment but he still has enough in that squad to get the results to keep us within touching distance of safety.
I agree but i also think the JOC curveball and the protracted Brewster transfer took Wilders attention away from the need to get at least one good midfield player in. Maybe it will take 2 windows to get right. It is the rest of this years games that concern me. We have to stop any gaps opening up between 3rd from bottom and 4th/5th from bottom. For me we have to grind out a draw against Chelsea and have to win against WBA. I like Baldock but he was the main culprit with lack of early crosses on Saturday, surely a word from Wilder would solve that ?. I just hope Wilder is cleverer than Warnock was in the Premiership and is able to pivot and be flexible,

I am working on the basis that Wilder is not that stubborn and realises we need better and earlier service to the strikers. Little tweaks will make a huge difference. We only conceded one goal against Man City so surely we have a fighting chance if we start getting earlier crosses into the box for our strikers ?. A percentage of our fans have us down already which is rididulous.

I'm of the opinion one game at a time, Chelsea next, how will Wilder approach the game, team selection how we set up will tell us if he is stubborn. We lost 1-0 but I am of the opinion MC had us at arms length for the whole game and thanks to Ramsdale and MC not being clinical. We kept in the game credit for that and no great damage to GD but 3 shots one on target, must do better.

It's the first time 'his'system has come unstuck hence the attitude I guess. I have said previously that he appears to be stubbon (seen as negative) or, you could say, single minded (seen as positive).
He made pragmatic tweaks last year to stop the best over running us and we've avoided that this year so far.

As in life it's easier to stop something ( defending) than it is to create something (attack/goals) and , so far, his transfer dealings don't seem to have addressed that so- he has to tweak the sytem further but, whilst we've looked inept this year, 3 goals would have us being just as happy, if not happier than last year. 1 more agaiinst Pool, 1 more against Fulham and 1 more against City.

It's fine margins which he has the rssponsibility, and need, to address, it was similar last year but we had the breaks and Moose playing well- look at the 2 goals v Chelsea ( the early crosses) and look at the Osborn chance v Pool.

I know its all if's and buts but, play like we did against Pool, and we'll get many more points on the board.

A crumb of comfort is the teams we do have left to play this year are all fallible and capable of poor performances and bad results.

If things don't change at our end though and the approach continues being to hand the initiative to the other team while we try and nick something on the break then we may very well find ourselves in a hole come the turn of the year we can't get out of.

CW again lamented that 'we gave the ball away too cheaply' against City - that's down to his tactics and his recruitment. I used to enjoy listening to CW speak, now it's a Warnock style pity party after every game.

S/ampton > A.......Lose
Brighton > A........Lose

Nah then negative Nellie tha’s nuts....But you could be reight, who knows?

Seriously I think getting the first win monkey off our back soon is key. If we can get it in the next 2 or 3 game we could start picking up more wins this year, even some unexpected ones and there’s no reason why we can’t start by beating WBA and WH. Ideally Brewster will get off the mark soon as well because the confidence of scoring his first PL goal should enable him to kick on.

A crumb of comfort is the teams we do have left to play this year are all fallible and capable of poor performances and bad results.

If things don't change at our end though and the approach continues being to hand the initiative to the other team while we try and nick something on the break then we may very well find ourselves in a hole come the turn of the year we can't get out of.

CW again lamented that 'we gave the ball away too cheaply' against City - that's down to his tactics and his recruitment. I used to enjoy listening to CW speak, now it's a Warnock style pity party after every game.
i didnt want to be the first one to say about listening to wilder, but now you have started it ,ill agree with you. i switch of his stuttering and the repeated banging on about we shouldnt be here ,we cant compete maybe giving the players a get out clause in their own minds. for me we quite simply dont have enough quality going forward, a think he also realises that and he also realises its on his shoulders. hopefully he also realises he can change things,its not a failure to except ya doing it wrong ,if ya put it right

I think he’s had his confidence knocked as much as the players seem to have, but the fact is he’s running the club and ultimately it’s down to him and his coaching stall to turn things around. We all know how good he is at keeping things ticking over nicely when the going is good and also at recovering from minor setbacks, so now he needs to shake himself out of any malaise, suck it up and show us how to good he is at turning things around when he’s getting the level of criticism that he hasn’t been used to.

For the record I think he will pull himself together, it could even be that his problem is personal, but like you say his demeanour in interviews has changed and if that reflects his demeanour at the training ground it won’t help matters.

I'm another who can't listen to his interviews. Been that way for ages. Gives away very little and if anything interesting is in danger of being discussed he threatens the interviewer...

I think we have enough to keep us in touching distance of 4th from bottom. If we bring in Brooks in January plus another middie and a CB we will finish 4th/5th bottom

Chelsea Draw
WHU Draw
WBA Win
Leicester Lose
Southampton Draw
Man U Draw
Brighton Win
Everton Draw
Burnley Draw

I hope you are right,nice to see someone come up with an alternative senario.

Finger crossed.