We should concentrate on | Page 2 | Vital Football

We should concentrate on

i will get both mi nuts out and shove a pinapple up mi arse in the middle of fargate if we do rodders . and ill give you my house hahahaahahah , but ya never know lol
What are you undecided about?
The pineapple or the house????

I hope your not implying my mate Twirls is a fake massive oinker TT?:LOL: UTMPB
god i hate them with every last breath ,i genuinely would cry with happiness if they went down and folded never to be seen again. if god did dreams come true. hahahahahaahhaahha

I reckon you've got a point there SBT.Last year's 'cocky, bit of swagger, underdogs punching above our weight' was a big motivator, widely loved, and recognised, by all.

Our default position when we come to reality is 'well what do you expect, it's little old Sheff U'

Time to stop sh !tting on ourselves, grow some and go about our business with confidence not cockiness.
Pride/fall. Empty vessels make most noise. Uriah Heap 'ever so 'umble sir, thanks for letting us 'ave a peep' mentality has to end- not helped by CW's default after match i/views.

Never happen unfortunately
If ever a club was indicative of the city it comes from it's Sheffield United.
And vice versa.

There used to be five major cities in the country, excluding London.
They were Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Sheffield.

The real major important cities were given a one letter postal code S for Sheffield, B for Birmingham, L for Liverpool, M for Manchester.
And in Scotland G for Glasgow

Secondary cities were given two letter post codes NE for Newcastle, NG for Nottingham

The only anomaly being Leeds (LS) because Liverpool was given the prestigious L.

Sheffield decided to join the second division of cities many years ago and settle into life as a second tier city, a bit like United.

but Sheffield is struggling to hold into second division status as the re-emergence of Bristol, Newcastle, Nottingham, Southampton, Leicester, Brighton and at least a dozen large towns have left it standing about clutching it's dick and waffling about the good old days when the place was full of scruffy miners and steelworkers ( no offence to miners and steelworkers ) but life goes on.
This is also a bit like United, struggling very often to even maintain it's second tier status.

Never happen unfortunately
If ever a club was indicative of the city it comes from it's Sheffield United.
And vice versa.

There used to be five major cities in the country, excluding London.
They were Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Sheffield.

The real major important cities were given a one letter postal code S for Sheffield, B for Birmingham, L for Liverpool, M for Manchester.
And in Scotland G for Glasgow

Secondary cities were given two letter post codes NE for Newcastle, NG for Nottingham

The only anomaly being Leeds (LS) because Liverpool was given the prestigious L.

Sheffield decided to join the second division of cities many years ago and settle into life as a second tier city, a bit like United.

but Sheffield is struggling to hold into second division status as the re-emergence of Bristol, Newcastle, Nottingham, Southampton, Leicester, Brighton and at least a dozen large towns have left it standing about clutching it's dick and waffling about the good old days when the place was full of scruffy miners and steelworkers ( no offence to miners and steelworkers ) but life goes on.
This is also a bit like United, struggling very often to even maintain it's second tier status.
I see exactly what you are saying MnM. I now live in Manchester and have lived over this side for most of my life , since mid 70's.

I worked in M'cr in 1987 and left for a new job saying I wouldn't come back to M'cr because, for the size of the place, there were far too many hotel rooms.

I came back in 1991 , to work the city centre( ajob too good to miss) and weekends, apart from a bit of Man U traffic, were quiet. Then the arena was built, the centre expanded, pretttified, and the growth was phenomenal with restaurants, bars, hotels by the bucket load and the weekends became chocka regardless of who was playing and the now 1000's of hotel beds.

The council worked with tourism ( remember the 2000 Olympic bid!!) with business and put money into the infra structure- and managed to thrive even with the Trafford centre development- and it became a destination' city with a strong midweeek conference and business market and a busier leisure based weekend market.

I saw none of that in Sheffield and, when returning, thought it a pretty moribund place that seemed to have shrunk not expanded- but I still call it 'home' after nearly 50 yrs away