We need to talk about... | Page 8 | Vital Football

We need to talk about...

Is there a possibility of that happening? I thought the EFL had restructured the promotion/relegation so that each division went back to full strength next season, in the absence of Bolton.

I was only considering Buckie's suggestion to write this season off which is probably just a bit of devilment against Liverpool. If this season finishes it will be 3 down and 4 up still for next season bringing L1 back up to 24 teams. However if the season ends up being abandoned with no relegation or promotion they would have to resolve the issue of L1 only having 23 teams plus Bolton could claim that their points deduction has been served.
I don't think this would be the option that the EFL wants though. They should be able to find a way of finishing the season even if they have to make some alterations to the play-offs ( one legged for example). That's of course reliant upon Corvid 19 buggering off

Don't say that . Bolton would lap that up. They'd argue they could start next season level with everyone else. Plus do we allow Bury back in either as the phoenix club or have another 23 club division??

Ooh yes good point !
Bury to remain thoroughly kicked out.
Bolton to have all minus points back in place including all the ones that weren't took off.
(So they restart on let's say minus 24 points 😀).

I was only considering Buckie's suggestion to write this season off which is probably just a bit of devilment against Liverpool. If this season finishes it will be 3 down and 4 up still for next season bringing L1 back up to 24 teams. However if the season ends up being abandoned with no relegation or promotion they would have to resolve the issue of L1 only having 23 teams plus Bolton could claim that their points deduction has been served.
I don't think this would be the option that the EFL wants though. They should be able to find a way of finishing the season even if they have to make some alterations to the play-offs ( one legged for example). That's of course reliant upon Corvid 19 buggering off

There is a chance, given current form, that Liverpool could lose all remaining games (if played!) but I expect only a full abandonment of season is the only way to stop them annoyingly winning the thing.

But yes on a more serious note, we can most likely expect games to be played behind closed doors from fairly soon onwards.
With this possibly covering the five national divisions.
Seems we are ok for Tranmere but who knows after that.

Scotland is due to stop gatherings of more than 500 from Monday onwards. Similar south of the border soon too.

Given the news coming out of Arsenal and Chelsea with Arteta and Hudson-Odoi testing positive, who knows what the next few days might bring?

Defence has looked absolutely dreadful tonight against poor opposition it has to be said .... Jackson & Eyoma don't look right, and I'm not sure why he has dropped Edun?

Awful at times tonight, our home form simply has to improve .... I actually think it is a point gained tonight as we were that bad.

Does Palmer need more competition? Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a great keeper in my eyes, but he’s making a few mistakes at the moment - is there really any challenge for his position?

Hes had a couple of wobbly games for distribution recently. In my eyes he actually finished in credit tonight with those saves in the second half.

Palmer could do with some competition to keep him on his toes as he's taken his eye off the ball lately. Not sure he ended up in credit following several mistakes.

and throw ins. we seem to lose possession more than win it from our throws. whoever is taking it seems to spend ages looking for someone to throw to, its then thrown into a space and not to the man, and we are second to it.

Not sure whether to post this here or in the match thread. As I have said previously, I love the football. BUT, at times, we tend to do the flicks and tricks rather than just pass and find your man or clear it. Sometimes the flicks and tricks work and it is spectacular and that is key, doing them in the right area of the pitch away from any danger zone unlike tonight.

Not sure whether to post this here or in the match thread. As I have said previously, I love the football. BUT, at times, we tend to do the flicks and tricks rather than just pass and find your man or clear it. Sometimes the flicks and tricks work and it is spectacular and that is key, doing them in the right area of the pitch away from any danger zone unlike tonight.
Too many flicks and tricks, which didn't work, tonight. Possibly an aspect of MA's arrogant comment?

It can work, like the first goal at Gillingham -- from a nice bit of ball retention after a throw.

and throw ins. we seem to lose possession more than win it from our throws. whoever is taking it seems to spend ages looking for someone to throw to, its then thrown into a space and not to the man, and we are second to it.
I think our ball retention from throws has been pretty good this season, they have a set way of doing it and it usually works. Swindon hustled the receiver and thrower, who generally receives the return pass, and the method was less secure tonight.

We'd better borrow Liverpool's full-time throw-in coach.

We're making a lot basic errors especially at the back.
Is it the changes as we making? Tiredness? Mental fatigue? Arrogance as the manager said?
Let's hope it's a bit of wake up call.
Only one home win since boxing day, like 18/19 at home again post Xmas.