We need to talk about... | Page 7 | Vital Football

We need to talk about...

I know it's been touched on before, but why has Anthony Scully's accent changed from broad cockney to broad Irish in three years?

Doesn't bother me what accent he uses as long as he can play and occasionally stick it in the onion bag! Looks promising so far.

The way I see it....
Keeper hits it long from a goal kick.
We have a 50/50 chance of winning it.
If we do win it, we then have another 50/50 of winning it.
Not sure but does that not equate to a 1 in 4 chance of keeping possession (not a good ratio)
Playing it out from the back means keeping hold of the ball by playing through midfield or hitting the channels when necessary but admittedly with the chance of losing possession.
We are still learning but I much prefer playing rather than hoofing.

Pinging the ball at John-Jules or Hesketh is definitely a worse than 50/50 chance of winning it. I'd say really really low of winning something that then actually goes to red and white.

Done that thing you do when no football and had a travel around the internet, thought this was interesting....
I never criticise Town managers but Cowley is beginning to piss me off. Firstly this insistence on playing everything out from the back. How many goals do we have to concede before it dawns on him that it’s the wrong policy.

Liverpool keeper looks decent................except when you have a shot on target.

pile of overpaid pricks..........and Klopp the biggest of them all..........knobend?

You need to tell us what you really think, Devon.
prefer to sit on the fence when it comes to expressing any sort of opinion.
still remember Klopp post Shrewsbury.......................needed a holiday my arse.

i will loan him my 25 year old caravan parked up in Skeggy in the back yard of a chippy on the high street,stinks permanently of used chip oil,electric on the blink,toilet permanently blocked and a couple of oversized rats in residence..........too good for him.

It's also become apparent that the defender in the box at goal-kicks is a useful tool to run a few seconds off the clock. 20 seconds or so to decide it's not on, wave them away and then consider where you're going to lump it, 30-60 seconds gone, job done.

prefer to sit on the fence when it comes to expressing any sort of opinion.
still remember Klopp post Shrewsbury.......................needed a holiday my arse.

i will loan him my 25 year old caravan parked up in Skeggy in the back yard of a chippy on the high street,stinks permanently of used chip oil,electric on the blink,toilet permanently blocked and a couple of oversized rats in residence..........too good for him.

sea view?

Another UEFA enquiry needed I believe. How dare they try to win the tie!! :rofl:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51846369

The arrogance of the Premier League in a nutshell. What a T--t!

Just another reason to add to the huge list of why I loathe the red team from the other side of Stanley Park to Everton. Arrogant beyond belief in the 80's and early 90's and the arrogance has resurfaced yet again now they are winning consistently again!

I think it's time to have a little mischief and start a rumour on Liverpool message boards that the chief medical officer is a Man Utd fan and is ensuring that the PL will be abandoned after Saturday's games with no-one being announced as Champions for this season. That would get the little meerkat scallys chirping.

I think it's time to have a little mischief and start a rumour on Liverpool message boards that the chief medical officer is a Man Utd fan and is ensuring that the PL will be abandoned after Saturday's games with no-one being announced as Champions for this season. That would get the little meerkat scallys chirping.

Well I've been saying that at work...that this whole season should be abandoned and we all start again, as we are now, next season.
So no title for Liverpool, simple and best outcome.

Well I've been saying that at work...that this whole season should be abandoned and we all start again, as we are now, next season.
For quite a few reasons this year has been the most disjointed and uncertain from an Imps perspective that I can ever remember - Bolton, Bury, speculation over the Cowleys, then MAPP coming in and signing/moving on a whole side in January. It's quite ironic that we now have the virus at the end of the season. It has all felt very strange this year.

Don't say that . Bolton would lap that up. They'd argue they could start next season level with everyone else. Plus do we allow Bury back in either as the phoenix club or have another 23 club division??

Is there a possibility of that happening? I thought the EFL had restructured the promotion/relegation so that each division went back to full strength next season, in the absence of Bolton.