We need to talk about Michael Mancienne | Page 3 | Vital Football

We need to talk about Michael Mancienne

The problem we have now is that unless it's Worrall (and we haven't had a decent duo at CH with him), we still need a 6ft 4 CH to get his head on the ball. This then leaves us with Fig, Fox, Manc and Worrall to play along side them.

I would be surprised if Manc is in AKs long term plans to be honest. Fig, Fox, Worrall and one other - probably Dawson.

I said before the season started on here (and I don’t post often), that I couldn’t fathom how we hadn’t addressed defence pre season. The common consensus coming back was that it was PM’s rotation that cost us, and that the defenders in the squad were of sound quality but suffered as a result....It’s fair to say that argument has sadly been quashed this season. If Mancienne pulls on a Forest shirt at any point next season as a ‘squad player’, and Danny Fox is a starting CB (a handful of strong showings is NOT proven), I believe it is impossible to make the top 6, impossible!

I said before the season started on here (and I don’t post often), that I couldn’t fathom how we hadn’t addressed defence pre season. The common consensus coming back was that it was PM’s rotation that cost us, and that the defenders in the squad were of sound quality but suffered as a result....It’s fair to say that argument has sadly been quashed this season. If Mancienne pulls on a Forest shirt at any point next season as a ‘squad player’, and Danny Fox is a starting CB (a handful of strong showings is NOT proven), I believe it is impossible to make the top 6, impossible!

So top 6 is.....possible!!?

I would be looking to bring someone in like Byrne from Wigan Athletic has been immense for them this year and coped very well against some skill full players in the FA cup run . Also the fact that he is 6'5" helps and very good in the air and calm enough to not just hoof the ball . He also scores at corners which we haven't done consistently for years.

Just checked and Klose is in the last year of his contract as well. 29, 6' 4". 3 goals in the Championship this season. If youre talking about Dan Burn Sleaford, hes a bit hit and miss and might have found his level in League 1. Hes 6'7" as well. Byrne is a right back and basically "his shit"

Credit is where it's due - I thought Mancienne was excellent against Barnsley - I kn ow it was only Barnsley, but he never put a foot wrong!

Credit is where it's due - I thought Mancienne was excellent against Barnsley - I kn ow it was only Barnsley, but he never put a foot wrong!

The problem is that his good games are usually followed by several bad ones.

I find it totally bemusing that there is any debate about Mancienne's contribution because there is certainly no question that the defence looks far better without him.

His faults have been a constant throughout his time at the club with no sign whatsoever of consistent improvement, and the odd good game cannot mask that.

If we have aspirations to finish above mid table we definitely need better.