We need to talk about Lundstram. | Page 5 | Vital Football

We need to talk about Lundstram.

Unless I have missed it I haven't seen one of his teammates have a go at Lundy on the pitch for his lack of effort which seems strange, as you would get stick from your team mates on a Sunday morning in Graves Park if you weren't putting a shift in. I think most players have an inducement to perform week on week it's called a wage packet, they don't have to be a 100% fan to play for any football club at the end of the day it's a job they do it to earn money.

That piece of scouse shit should never play for us again. Now Ampadu's back he could replace him. But I won't hold my breath. It seems our managers are too blind and/or spineless to do the right thing with him. I won't believe we lack alternatives to the extent that he must continue to stink the place out every single game.

Does anyone have access to the figures that Sky use on players? I love to see his distance stats to compare his effort.

I accept he is not want people want when he seemed to be last season. There are better out there but I'll be sorry he will leave us for free when I think he could do a job in the Championship (if his head was right - they all could IMO).

Should have been preparing for next season for ages but we haven't even seen Brewster and McBurnie start together, FFS. Or if we're selling McBurnie, then Brewster and Burke.
Ideally with McGoldrick behind them.

Time and time again, we have options and combinations in the squad the fans want to see but never get to see them. For no good reason.

I would have thought the constant selection of Lundy comes well down the list of mysterious decisions by our management. Obviously previous and current managers select him, which tells us they have less faith in any other alternatives we have, which is worrying.

For the rest of the season we should do this:

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Stevens
Baldock Ampadu Fleck Osborn
McGoldrick
Burke/McB Brewster

Why the hell not?

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Stevens
McGoldrick
Burke/McB Brewster

Why the hell not?

Why not play Sander? If he is to leave we need to get the absolute best price for him. Might as well have him in Lundstrams spot. Think I'd prefer Amps in Stevens role and if Furious is out play Burke at RWB.

Forgot about him. Back soon isn't he. Yep, he should be a priority. Need to have him performing well and adding value to himself. So that would be....

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
Baldock Berge Fleck Osborn
McGoldrick
Burke/McB Brewster

How much better is that than anything we've seen for God knows how long?

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Stevens
McGoldrick
Burke/McB Brewster

Why the hell not?
I’d have bogle instead of baldock he has more end product and I wouldn’t waste my time on Burke I’ve said it before my dogs got as much idea what to do with a ball as he has

Forgot about him. Back soon isn't he. Yep, he should be a priority. Need to have him performing well and adding value to himself. So that would be....

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
Baldock Berge Fleck Osborn
McGoldrick
Burke/McB Brewster

How much better is that than anything we've seen for God knows how long?
I agree swap Berge for Coulibaly next season and that would look a very good championship side.

I think Burke's ability is under rated and hope he gets a clean slate next season. Maybe the new manager will even play with wide forwards, which would suit him.

I'd keep Baldock as a starter because we need to maintain the good defence that got us success previously and he was a big part of that. Bogle is very different. Could maybe play him at LWB instead. It might be awkward keeping both of them.

I agree swap Berge for Coulibaly next season and that would look a very good championship side.

I'd like us to sign Paddy McNair to play next to Fleck in midfield.

He's the sort of all rounder we need and has gone from strength to strength in the last couple of seasons, seems to have really developed offensively and even takes good set pieces.

Get Joe Rothwell as well. Both of them are good physically, a good age, versatile and can carry the ball.

I'd like us to sign Paddy McNair to play next to Fleck in midfield.

He's the sort of all rounder we need and has gone from strength to strength in the last couple of seasons, seems to have really developed offensively and even takes good set pieces.

Get Joe Rothwell as well. Both of them are good physically, a good age, versatile and can carry the ball.
I thought Rothwell and possibly Adam Armstrong if we sell McB. Blackburn are struggling financially so will need to sell.

I'd take quite a few from Blackburn.

Ryan Nyambe for RCB/RWB cover would be good, and Lenihan is a possible Egan replacement, not that I think Egan will have much interest.

Armstrong is quality but I don't think he's viable if we're keeping Brewster and trying to avoid spending a fortune. If we were going with wide forwards though he'd be great for the left side.

I’d have bogle instead of baldock he has more end product and I wouldn’t waste my time on Burke I’ve said it before my dogs got as much idea what to do with a ball as he has

Apparently both Bogle and Furious are doubts for the next defeat hence my putting Burke in the RWB slot.

Absolutely and his pathetic display against Leeds starting with the usual early yellowcard meaning he can coast the rest of the game to avoid a red. I wanted to believe he cared. He dosen't. I was wrong. Just get him out the door. Back door.
Unfortunately his good games are greatly outnumbered by his very poor ones . But to me his cynical early fouls usually when outpaced deserve the yellows. Consequently he becomes a passenger as he has to coast to avoid a red. Better he is going and as someone said any PL club would be mad to take him on.

Adam Oxley put his big boy pants on and asked Heckingbotton about Lundstram's continued selection in the team. Heckingbottom cited his digital analysis from games as proof of Lundstram's committment, he also suggested Lundstram was one of the more committed players as he's playing for his future.

Oh dear.