we must face reality | Page 4 | Vital Football

we must face reality

Yon

YonMon ......... please understand that if Lenegan buys us (the 5 companies) then he'll own
a) Wigan Athletic (the 5 companies in their current structure) and
b) Wigan Warriors ...................... who pay rent to one of the Wigan Athletic companies to use the DW).

If he wants to change the position of Latics benefiting from stadium income, then he'd need to change the company structure........ which he may do.......but why would he?

If he wants to buy us, we'll be more expensive to run than the rugby, so why would he deprive us of income?

There's no logical reason.

None.

Yes moonay I understand all that. But the point is I don't want Latics to share stadium income with the rugby.
As you say we are more expensive to run so need more money to keep going at a decent level.
It could take a good few years for Latics to get over all this trouble we might even get relegated again and end up in div 2.
But we have a better chance of steadying the ship with extra income.

Ian Lenegan has already said if he gets his hands on the DW then that would lead to extra financial avenues for the rugby.
Which in turn takes money away from Latics.
Is he really bothered about us being succesful and moving back up the leagues with the increase in wages it would bring?
Or is he quite happy to give us just enough to keep us in the lower leagues while the worriers strengthen?

Thanks mate - just a little to young to have had the "riverside experience" heard aloft of stories though.......!

I used to enjoy the riverside and central park experience when i was a young Latics fan in the 80s.
Yes i enjoyed the experience of flicking the Vs at them as i went past on the bus into town.

Why should anyone be expelled morally if they disagree with you over ownership going to Pollard?

The two clubs do not intertwine, we do not want to be the little brother nor do they, cant you see some things dont go well together. We are better seperate entities, theres too much jousting for top spot and the adoration of the town and so it will remain divided as it is meant to. There are a few who support both but mostly we butt heads over the “right sport”. We argue our prem significance and fa cup trumps any sporting achievement of theirs and they argue theyre history and longevity is more important. I find them the most arrogant insufferable bunch of self entitled arsehole sports fans out there. So for that Id rather not say lets “unite” fakely under pollard, but I would rather take with me all those latics fans of 50 years and those of more recent years for they are our true selves our true contingent. We are the latics family NOT the Wigan family, we are better doing our own thing.

On a further point, they dont have the money and even if they can cobble together some 50ps we will be back here again in a few years. They are not viable long term going forward it just isnt viable financially. Unless of course we lose all ambition and aspiration and agree to the insignificant little brother status. I do not want that!!!!! Too many of the older latice lot lack the ambition, cause they know where we once came from and saw it with their own eyes. Yes its good to remember that, but you cant let it define you and I think thats sometimes where the younger lot come in. Theyre unrealistic at times but dont fear anyone. Together we create our northern stick it to the big clubs identity, we co exist as a fan base and work well and contend with one another internally but with rugby lot its different. Were just not compatible at all and it shouldnt be forced on us whether you support them or the tics.

But what happens if its him or nowt ?... it's not a difficult question but people are dancing around the answer.

But what happens if its him or nowt ?... it's not a difficult question but people are dancing around the answer.
What if its not? Look if we get to the point where its him or nout then its him, begrudgingly. But id argue were a long way away from having to settle for it. Let ot play out a little longer yet lets see who comes in over the next few weeks

What if its not? Look if we get to the point where its him or nout then its him, begrudgingly. But id argue were a long way away from having to settle for it. Let ot play out a little longer yet lets see who comes in over the next few weeks

There's the answer in there somewhere. Look Danny, life is full of compromise and not everything will be to your liking but if there isn't some saviour out there just waiting to pounce then you bite the bullet and get on with survival.

Due to Chronic Nerve Pain, i find it difficult to sleep at nights,
this present nightmare we are going through isn't helping either.

This fiasco has had more twists and turns than a Agatha Christie novel.
we could have done with Hercule Poirot instead of QC Hill.

Can someone please answer me these questions:

1- When the Chinese bought us, did they buy Latics, lock,stock and barrel?

2- If so, who owns the Stadium at present?

3- Is it up to the Admins, who buys us?

4- Have we got enough funds, to complete next seasons fixture list?

Springy .......
1. Yes. They own the "5 companies".
2. NLF did, but it's now in the hands of the Administrators.
3. Yes.
4. No. We need a takeover in the next dew weeks or we're done for.

There's the answer in there somewhere. Look Danny, life is full of compromise and not everything will be to your liking but if there isn't some saviour out there just waiting to pounce then you bite the bullet and get on with survival.
Yep, correct. But lets see what comes forward first

Wigan Athletic don't own the ground. We're owned by the same company that own a controlling majority in the stadium and have been since it opened - before Warriors were on board, when Whelan owned them and after Whelan owned them.
We still pay rent on the stadium from what someone showed of the last accounts on here and all the functions go to the stadium company and not Latics as far as I understand it.

If Lenagan/Warriors wanted the stadium they could make a bid for it on its own. His consortium wants to buy all of it, including Latics and run both clubs independently under a Wigan Sporting Company just like Whelan did
That company is Wigan Athletic.
Yes moonay I understand all that. But the point is I don't want Latics to share stadium income with the rugby.
As you say we are more expensive to run so need more money to keep going at a decent level.
It could take a good few years for Latics to get over all this trouble we might even get relegated again and end up in div 2.

Ian Lenegan has already said if he gets his hands on the DW then that would lead to extra financial avenues for the rugby.
Is he really bothered about us being succesful and moving back up the leagues with the increase in wages it would bring?
Or is he quite happy to give us just enough to keep us in the lower leagues while the worriers strengthen?
It would also lead to extra outgoings for them is the running and maintenance costs. Remember they only pay a pittance in rent.

I may have missed it - but is it confirmed that Pollard has lodged a bid (I know he said he wanted to) Or is this all speculation on the back of Kendrick championing his cause?

Yon Mon, you seem to think that he'd favour the Warriors over Latics. Why?

If he's just forked out around £10m (or whatever) then why on earth do you think he'd be happy to see that investment die because it wasn't given proper ongoing financial support? It just makes no sense.

Maybe extra money is from new sources. New lines of income.

Your thought process is clouded by the same thinking as John, Norm and Danny .......... that we'd be "owned by the rugby". We wouldn't be. We'd be owned by a person who owned a football club previously, and obviously has a little ambition to bring back the success seen by the club in recent years.

Any view that he'd only be buying us for the stadium is like saying that someone would go into a shop to buy a walnut whip, only to walk outside, take the walnut off the top, eat it, and then chuck the rest (the chocolate bit) away. It's just illogical.