We just won another... | Vital Football

We just won another...

It is odd, but in this (certainly personally) financially challenging year, I am less concerned about the £50k than the fact that we are one game away from Wembley.

I think there could be a real argument to say that by April 25th a one-third full Wembley is a positive benefit to the emotional and mental well-being of the UK population and therefore it could be the only opportunity to see a game this year.

Promotion is certainly everyone's priority, but how good would it be to actually see the team play again?

It is odd, but in this (certainly personally) financially challenging year, I am less concerned about the £50k than the fact that we are one game away from Wembley.

I think there could be a real argument to say that by April 25th a one-third full Wembley is a positive benefit to the emotional and mental well-being of the UK population and therefore it could be the only opportunity to see a game this year.

Promotion is certainly everyone's priority, but how good would it be to actually see the team play again?

Or (if its us in the final), delay it until we can all go.
Think last year's final is still to be played?
So can't have this year's final until after that one for starters.

Prize money for each round is :-

Round Three: £40k for a win

Quarter Final: £50k for a win

Runner-up: £50k

Winner: £100k

But what do the teams receive for the Semi Final.

Taken individually the prize money for each game isn't significant compared to our losses this season. Taken collectively I would suggest reaching the semi final is a respectable and very welcome amount; possibly having a positive influence, making a difference to our January transfer decisions.

Small gains, small steps and all that.

If there was light at the end of the tunnel would it be ridiculous to push the final back to say a week before The FA Cup final? I still think that would be too soon in these uncertain times.

Would the league, clubs, players, sponsors be in favour of something like that? Would the government allow the travel?

Personally I think the game (and any other cup finals) would have to be moved back to Autumn for any fans to stand a chance of attending and it's just so low down on any priorities, probably irresponsible and impracticable for it to be considered.

If we make another 100k from winning the competition that's a players wages paid so I'd snap your hand off even if we can't be there in person.

I have a feeling they will delay the game, especially given last years final hasn’t even been played yet nor has a date even been set.

Got to be getting close on £500,000 including the TV monies from Liverpool Peterborough, Gillingham League games and the Papa Johns.