"We invented Jesus Christ" | Vital Football

"We invented Jesus Christ"

CDX_EIRE

Vital Football Legend
So apparently some fella has found evidence that Jesus was a fabricated story by the Roman well to do's so they could control the masses...
I do know Catholicism picked and chose which books were relevant to their interests and that it was illegal to own a bible at one point but this is a crazy claim... I call bullshit because Islam acknowledges the existence of Jesus so I do believe he existed...
Be interesting to see how this goes...

------------------------

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

More at: http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

I can't imagine that the Romans would invent a communist God. There were plenty of tribes still in existence at the time who practiced communal property and that idea would have been very dangerous to the Romans.

The other thing is that what can be proved by a historian doesn't really matter. People have faith in lots of things which cannot be proved. I suspect that this guy will sell a lot of books and that's the real point of all of this.

I'm pretty sure that Christianity was "illegal" in Rome for quite a while. I just can't see any basis for this.

Looks like another guy trying to sell a book by being controversial in the public eye. It will be interesting to see how the presention goes on the 19th as there will be a few challenging his theory.

I invented a new type of sandwich a week last Wednesday. It was a chicken and mushroom filling served in a pastry case.

This story will of course remain fairly low key.

But could you imagine the uproar if this guy came out with the same stuff regarding Mohammed etc?...... Lol

Biblical scholars will be appearing at the 'Covert Messiah' Conference at Conway Hall in London on the 19th of October to present this controversial discovery to the British public.

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire.

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

What some people will do for there moment of fame :83:

Plenty of proof Christ existed outside of The Bible in many various books. I haven't got the listing to hand, however, if I think on I will post them later..

Red devil eyes whilst seemingly praying and wearing a ring with a cross on.

Coincidence?

:177:

And from this angle the cross is inverted :10:

Spooky!

You should think of setting up a second income stream by founding a new religion, Fear.

Yes, I think it would have a very limited following BBJ...

A following of one perhaps! And even I wouldn't really believe in myself!