"we can enhance players ability" | Vital Football

"we can enhance players ability"

paz1967

Vital Football Legend
Just wanted to make more of this post than a skipped over in a thread.

Ive said this foreverrrr. Thats what a manager is about, its imperative requirement and we have had none of that in recent times.
Now I have more hope than I had at xmas :)

Just wanted to make more of this post than a skipped over in a thread.

Ive said this foreverrrr. Thats what a manager is about, its imperative requirement and we have had none of that in recent times.
Now I have more hope than I had at xmas :)

It would be nice for a manager to develop players, but there are more important things. Firstly the ability to buy well, secondly tactical ability, and thirdly motivation of players. Other than the Pearce era (if I remember correctly he bought Antonio and Assombalonga on the same day!), our buying has been dreadful. At best our managers have started well tactically , then lost the plot. As for motivation, I suppose our players seem to care, but either aren't technically any good, or don't seem to know what the plan is.

Well, either way, we keep getting managers on the cheap overall like we do with most of the players. Until we really have a progressive intelligent manager that can improve players that rich owners try and make a few quid from (or save money, same thing) then we will be stuck here forever