We can be unbeatable says Vic | Vital Football

We can be unbeatable says Vic

Spursex

Alert Team
Obviously feeling bouyant after scoring, Victor might have got carried away a little...or was he?

I've said many times he's been badly missed and he may well be the player that makes all the difference in this run-in....

here's what he said:

“We have a good team spirit and togetherness. We work well as a team and if we’re focused and we give everything then I don’t think anyone can beat us.”

Is he right?

Last edited:
Obviously feeling bouyant after scoring, Victor might have got carried away a little...or was he?

I've said many times he's been badly missed and he may well be the player that makes all teh difference in this run-in....

here's what he said:

“We have a good team spirit and togetherness. We work well as a team and if we’re focused and we give everything then I don’t think anyone can beat us.”

Is he right?

I was resigned to Victors demise due to injury and it was uplifting to see him back. I will be over the moon if he stays fit. We sure have missed him.

I don't think he is right because football is unpredictable and with two top teams it can go either way . I like his positivity though, he is making the right noises.

Our squad needs both Dier and Wanyama fit for selection. They are both physical and have great leadership and communication in the middle of the park. Sissoko is having a great season but sort of plays as a free spirit. Guys like Dier and Wanayama knit it together and you see the others around them having great games when they do their thing well.

For me, Wanyama is better than Dier but not having either of them for periods of the season has hurt us. On Saturday, Wanyama got the full 90 mins in and played quite well. He still looked off the pace a little and got mugged a couple of times though. I'm hoping Poch and his management team have managed Wanyama's recovery well and he is fit and raring to go for the last few games. Same with Dier.

Doesn't make us unbeatable though, but definitely helps.

I stand by what I felt right up to his goal, which is I felt he was well off his best.

Then he scored a great (almost) solo effort goal, the finish anyway.

...but he did grow into the game and I hope that improves but yes, I think he is speaking from the heart, not head after a decent win.

Cue

Manchester City 6 (6)

Tottenham Hotspur 1 (2)

I was resigned to Victors demise due to injury and it was uplifting to see him back. I will be over the moon if he stays fit. We sure have missed him.

I don't think he is right because football is unpredictable and with two top teams it can go either way . I like his positivity though, he is making the right noises.
Many will say that Liverpool and Citeh are out ahead of us NRD, but if you look at our team performance at Anfield and against Citeh last week where IMO we were the better side on both occasion. A fit Wanjama adds that bit of stability to the midfield, him and Dembele were awesome together. Can you imagine if we could pair him with Ndombele, we would be challengers next season for sure.

It's good to have him back.
But we are most definitely beatable. It's perfectly in our power to finish 5th and get whooped not once - but twice by City.

The strange thing is , given a fully fit Wanyama against a fully fit Dembele, I would expect Victor to score more goals and defend better.

Vic tends to pass the ball quicker as opposed to running with it, he also has the confidence to have a shot on goal or run into the box.

A fit (ish) Winks and Victor back for the run-in can only be a good thing. We need options and can't rely on Sissoko every game to do what he does so well.

...things I never thought I would hear myself saying part 0.23.

The strange thing is , given a fully fit Wanyama against a fully fit Dembele, I would expect Victor to score more goals and defend better.

Vic tends to pass the ball quicker as opposed to running with it, he also has the confidence to have a shot on goal or run into the box.

Interesting commentary on Saturday, when they mentioned he had 2 or 3 goals for his country since his last Spurs goal.

No doubt in my mind, a fully fit and on form Vic walks into the Spurs line-up. He's not at that level at the moment though but the more he plays, the more chance he has of getting there.

Still touch and go whether he'll leave in the summer though. I'm sure he believes he should have had more playing time since his return from injury.

Interesting commentary on Saturday, when they mentioned he had 2 or 3 goals for his country since his last Spurs goal.

No doubt in my mind, a fully fit and on form Vic walks into the Spurs line-up. He's not at that level at the moment though but the more he plays, the more chance he has of getting there.

Still touch and go whether he'll leave in the summer though. I'm sure he believes he should have had more playing time since his return from injury.
I think we all know the Poch picks what he sees, ie. if Vic has not been seen to be even 80%, Poch won’t play him.
I thought until his goal, he looked 70-80% then grew into the game.

I’d imagine even if he felt ready some weeks ago, Poch didn’t agree.

He can’t argue with that, he just needs to get his head down and prove himself between now and May!

In the 2016/17 season he was the best DM in the league. He just ate up everything in his path.

If there is any chance he can get near that level again then we must play him most games now till the end of the season.

When our whole team is on song, yes we can play with anyone and beat anyone.

The main issue is it is very rare that our entire team is clicking at the same time.

So I guess I do agree with him...with a caveat.

When our whole team is on song, yes we can play with anyone and beat anyone.

The main issue is it is very rare that our entire team is clicking at the same time.

So I guess I do agree with him...with a caveat.

He said I don't think anyone can beat us, which is a little different to we can beat anyone.