We Asked British People How Much They Knew About The US | Vital Football

We Asked British People How Much They Knew About The US

SiggyBrownie

Villa Princess
We asked the 22 members of our London office:

1) Who is the current vice president of the United States?
2) Name three signatories of the Declaration of Independence.
3) Name any two of the five Great Lakes.
4) Identify a state from its outline.
5) What is a nickel?
6) Name an NHL team.

Here is a selection of some of the more interesting answers...

Can you answer these questions?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/america-vs-britain?bffb

1) No idea
2)No idea
3)No idea
4 No idea
There`s a pattern emerging here....
5)It is a solution that contains chloride,sulphate,boric acid and nickel metal.
Seriously, a nickel is an american coin.
6)No idea,but I`d guess at Chicago Bears ?

Doesn`t help me Siggy.

I`ve been to Florida once about 15 odd years ago . Disneyland during Hurricane George and since then I`ve wiped America from my mind.

Nah,I`m joking.We did go during Hurricane George,but my knowledge on the US is dreadful.

Lake Michigan? Lake Missouiri?

Nickel is a coin.

That's about it from me and I've been to the States 9 times.

1/ Joe Biden?
2/ Um don't know
3/ Lake Superior? (only think this is right cos I read something the other day on)
4/ no idea
5/ American coin
5/ Vancouver Canucks (I believe. my Daughter is lives in Canada and she has spoken about them)

Not good, I know

Lake Michigan and Lake Superior are two of the Great Lakes. Deano, you have seen another one of the Great Lakes...

(Side note, I live a half mile from Lake Michigan)

Joe Biden is the VP.

Nickle is a coin that is worth 5 cents.

Vancouver Canucks are a NHL team.

To be fair if someone drew me the outline of the West Midlands or Essex I wouldn't have a clue either.

I couldn't name an English Hockey team either.

I thought Siggy was a woman.
Well actually never mind "was",i thought she still is a woman.
Has anything changed ?

I can confirm I am still a woman, a woman who gave birth to twins almost a year ago.

EDIT: Maybe it is time to change my avatar pic. Maybe it should go back to the Hairy Firetruck Deano made me 5 years ago.

Hey Siggy, spread this around your friends, see how many thay can answer.

1.Name the deputy Primeminister of Great Britain.
2.Which English King sealed the Magna Carta (or even, what is the Magna Carta?)?
3.What is the name of the largest(by area) lake in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?
4.Which British Island is this?[img=http://www.vccofgb.co.uk/TT100/assets/images/IOM_Outline.jpg]
5.What is a fiver?
6.Name a Rugby Union Aviva Premiership team.

As a parallel to one of the comments above, how many Brits can answer all these questions? (I was wrong myself on the lake question but for a very goid reason, the answer I would have given is the largest by volume but not by area.)

King John, a Plantagenet and brother of Richard the Lionheart sealed the Magna Carter, an original 'law of the land' document. I've seen it (or one of the original copies, there were 4 or 5 altogether I think) at Salisbury Cathedral.

John spoke little English and like his brothers (he had 3) were basically French and used England only for its wealth, preferring to spend most of there time on the continent, even when they were in England they were trying to retake places in France.