We are fucked | Vital Football

We are fucked

AbelBFC

Vital Football Legend
Lift and shift of what I've put on FB:

I have always been immensely proud of my support of Blackpool FC - through the bad times and the good - but the resignation of Gary Bowyer is the straw that broke the camel's back and I will be following the principle of Not A Game More until our odious, cretinous owners, the Oyston family, are no longer the 'guardians' of our club.

I use the word 'guardians' lightly of course. They have systemically lined their own pockets whilst running the club into the ground. Despite the High Court ruling a few months ago that found (as we all suspected for many years) that they had effectively asset stripped the club, the club continues to lurch towards extinction.

The intransigence of the authorities, particularly the Football League, is sickening and they now run the very real risk of having the death of one of the country's most storied clubs on their hands. It is now nearly five years since I started boycotting home games and I cannot see me being able to return any time soon sadly.

As Matt Scrafton from the Blackpool Gazette has brilliantly summarised this evening, Gary Bowyer was the glue that held our fractured club and fanbase together. With his departure I cannot see anything but relegation staring us in the eye.

Best of luck to Gary for the future - he has defied the odds to do a wonderful job at Bloomfield Road and we will miss him terribly.

I will of course continue with my membership of the Blackpool Supporters Trust however and urge other Blackpool fans who do not currently support their efforts to get involved and back their fight for change, not just at Blackpool but in the wider footballing community as well.

Nice one Abel

Tick Tock VB let's get the circus wrapped up and finished with an O free future

I'm unsure whether GB's resignation will ignite VB in to any action around salvaging this shipwreck.
It's been 9 months since the O's said the club was up for sale, the transfer window shuts in 48hrs time, this season will see us relegated and to me it just seems that no-one wants to take the club on.

I'm unsure whether GB's resignation will ignite VB in to any action around salvaging this shipwreck.
It's been 9 months since the O's said the club was up for sale, the transfer window shuts in 48hrs time, this season will see us relegated and to me it just seems that no-one wants to take the club on.

No one wants to deal with the awkward Oyston's it seems.

Well said Abel. :clap::clap:

Our Club is further down the track to destruction without GB at the helm. Let us hope he has bought players very wisely and they gel very quickly. Has VB has got a cunning plan ready to go, before we sink?

I can't see what has sparked his decision yesterday other than the fact that Tilt is sold and he was told there's no £ to use before Thursday.
Somethings triggered that decision beside the bleeding obvious of all that's associated with the place.
A genuinely nice guy, with a decent eye for a player. IMO with the right backing he would have been tbe right man for the job. Certainly the best since Hollowords.