We are already safe | Page 4 | Vital Football

We are already safe

Its out of GFC's hands, we're safe! If you assume we lose all our games, there are not four teams that can overtake us because they are all taking points off each other to do that - its something called mathematics!

You need to go back to school to work on your maths!

I am doubly pleased to send this:-
1. I get to say “I told you so”!
2. It didn’t matter anyway!

COYBB!

Piece of piss. On 48, we beat Blackpool and that's it.
What's the matter with you? Are you not a Gills supporter?
Nathan, if you are old enough, get up the pub and chill out!

This and all the other similar threads are just a way to divide the optimists from the pessimists, the anxious from the chilled. At the end of the day we are apparently a boring mid table side in 13th place and history will record that. We on here however can whip up a storm about this season any time we want to. Should we have won the play offs or did we defeat the odds to survive. Hanlan for 20 goals next term.

I’m completely relaxed, just pleased we got those extra points when some were convinced we were mathematically safe on 48!

Also, sense the sarcastic tone - I’m certainly not having a go, i’m just enjoying being top (albeit of the bottom half), grateful that we got well beyond 48.

This and all the other similar threads are just a way to divide the optimists from the pessimists, the anxious from the chilled. At the end of the day we are apparently a boring mid table side in 13th place and history will record that. We on here however can whip up a storm about this season any time we want to. Should we have won the play offs or did we defeat the odds to survive. Hanlan for 20 goals next term.
I’m still hopeful we can make the playoffs this year.

Fine lines. If that Plymouth v Scunny game ended as a draw then 48 would have been enough.

I always thought 48 was “possibly enough”. 49 probably enough and 50 enough (with our GD it was).

Was a cracking season in terms of the promo and relegation spots. All down to the last couple of games.

Pity there’s such a massive divide between the top 6 or 8 then the rest. Can’t see how us clubs down the bottom will bridge that gap next season. Not easily anyway.