WC play off draw | Vital Football

WC play off draw

spurdon

Vital Football Legend
Of Happily no intrest directly to England but some crackers.

Sweden vs Portugal

Ukraine vs France

Croatia vs Iceland

Greece vs Romaina

Me too mate but I still think Yevhen Konoplyanka will have some fun with Evra. And if Scotland can do the double over Croatia Iceland have a chance. Siggy vs Modric.

Well our 3 players that had a chance of making it have all avoided each other (France-Lloris, Romania-Chriches, Iceland-Sig) but it's unlikely they will all be there, fingers crossed though.

I'd rather Portugal get their as well, the more quality team the better imo

My choices are based on what would most entertaining in Brazil. This might be a terrible and boring World Cup. My worry is that the Home Team will put pressure on the refereeing crews every game beyond the group play.There are glaring instances of Brazilian simulation in recent past world cups which tarnish the image of the game greatly. As a past referee, I will be more interested in the quality of this aspect than in the final results or scores.
Back to choices for the final playoff spots. For competitive reasons I would prefer Portugal who play the best teams tough. France may defeat Ukraine but are not yet ready to be a big contender for the Cup. Croatia and Iceland is not an even matchup but congratulations to the latter for getting so far! Greece and Rumania are so much cannon fodder for the other 30. I would have liked to see Sweden rather than the last 2. At least they offer physical challenge and seem to have interesting matches with their scoring capability. Greece can never win anything but a 1-0 result. Rumania offer colorful souvenir shirts and hats but little else.
Mexico and New Zealand is a little cup match in itself as both will see the culmination of their ambition in this competition. Neither can show much pop in Rio.