WBA v NUFC | Vital Football

WBA v NUFC

Rexn

Vital Champions League
One to look forward to on TV this evening.

Amazing that in all the games against West Brom, we have only met them in the FA Cup 4 times, a home defeat losing twice away. Our only win was at the Hawthorns, 3-0 in the 5th round on our way to a final where Keegan scored twice for Liverpool in a 3-0 rout.

That visit to West Brom came after 3rd and 4th round replays against minnows Hendon and Scunthorpe. West Brom were in the old 2nd Division at the time.

Out of curiosity, Newcastle finished 14th that season with Norwich rock bottom of the top flight (no team scored fewer goals against them than NUFC) and West Ham missed relegation by just 1 point. West Brom went on to win only 1 of their last 10 games, slipping out of the promotion places.

Similarly, Newcastle only had one more league win for the rest of the season.

As a further curiosity, the 1974 win against West Brom came during Newcastle's league run of 1 win in 11 games.

Last edited:
Nice to see experimental line ups over half way through the season, a huge depth of striking options on the bench too! At least Gayle is used to the WBA pitch.

A quick check shows that Gayle has scored 18 goals at the Hawthorns, 17 for West Brom and 1 for Palace

Last edited:
Fuck off Joelinton, oh hang on good opportunity to test him against Championship opposition as SDU will be there soon enough.

Would be nice to see Rob get a game instead of Darlow!

Fair play to him UKRocks, Big Joe has scored 2 in 4 appearances against League One opposition.

Agree with you on Elliott

Another cabbageheed master stroke"Shelvey on the bench & Bentaleb in the starting lineup.

I see big Joe has my golf approach to shooting. If you aim at the hazard/defender, you are bound to miss it. Unfortunately, he hit a straight one.

I wonder if anyone else looked forward, after signing Joelinton, to the notorious Brazilian touch, before realising that there are a load of trannies in Brazil

I love the way we’re always televised when the media think we’re going to lose, shame the same media don’t ever have the balls to tackle the **** who is the reason we lose.

Nice interplay between Manquillo and Lazaro, well done Joe and Almiron showing why Rafa wanted him..