WBA Fan Comments | Vital Football

WBA Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Quietly confident about this first game. Forest always flatter to deceive nowadays.

Prediction is 2-0 Forest, but would be happy with a draw to get us going.

Forest fans expect a season of mid table purgatory and have some creativity issues with Carvalho out, but I think they may have slightly more balance than we do at the minute.

This is how much cash Nottingham Forest will earn from West Brom clash being on Sky Sports"

According to this report Forest will get £100,000 and we get £10,000. Sunday games, the home side get £120,000 and Thursday games £140,000. Not sure if the away team gets more than £10,000 for Sunday and Thursday games.

Here are our games to be broadcast on Sky so far:

Sat Aug 3: Nottingham Forest v West Brom - 5.30pm
Sat Aug 24: Derby County vs West Brom - 12.30pm
Sat Sep 14: Fulham vs West Brom - 12.30pm
Sat Sep 28: QPR vs West Brom - 12.30pm
Tue Oct 1 : Leeds vs West Brom - 7.45pm

All away from home, worst case scenario £50,000. I just hope that throughout the season, this levels itself out and, financial, it shows why we need PL football. But not sure how much away teams get in the prem under similar circumstances as above.

Still look well short of the attacking goal scoring talent we need and fear this match has come too soon for us.

To be honest will be happy with a draw.

3 academy players in the starting 11 with a further 3 on the bench, and who says it's a waste of money.

I would say it's more down to having a threadbare squad than anything else. Bolton have a pretty tasty academy if that's not the case.

Forest out the blocks flying.

ffs 1-0 forest.

Rubbish. Awful defending and keeper beaten at near post again.

Not five minutes into the first game of the season and the moaning starts.

We seem to be good at finding big hold-up strikers that can’t hold the ball up.

GET IN.

Not just us with a poor keeper.

That keeper looks shit.

Extraordinary goal from Phillips.

Their keeper is worse than ours!

love the Forest keeper! Can we play him every week!?

3 goals in this game and keepers questionable on all 3.

Edwards has to track his man, lucky Cash didn’t score.

Both our and forest first goals should be saved. Although ours to take the lead looks poor on their keeper those things happen from time to time, still their keepers confidence should be shot so we should hit him from everywhere.

Forest came out the blocks gung ho at first, I think it had us shaken for the first 15 mins but weve looked very very good since that period.

Loving the way we are playing our football. Controlling the game in a way we didn't last season.

Anyone suggesting Livermore is having a good game, well I give up Semedo has left him on his arse about 4 times in the 2nd half. He's rubbish.

Thoroughly deserved win and a solid team performance. Well done Albion!

That performance with worse players is exactly how we should have been last season, completely comfortable.

That was really refreshing. Great football, 3 home grown players on the pitch and a dominant performance.

Good performance after the first 15 mins. Really looked comfortable second half but less of a threat than I'd have liked.

Professional, like we've not seen in a while. Calm and stopped Forest from having any real dangerous chances. I barely got to any kind of concern / worry / doubt, can't ever remember feeling like that with Albion (unless we're 4 or more up!)

Burke should have started.

To what? Realise he’s not good enough for this level?

Good 3 points. 3 or 4 signings, including a couple of strikers and we really could have a good season.

I'm nearly 60. I have got more chance of making a footballer than Burke.

Can’t believe idiots having a go at Burke on here again, enjoy the win and get a life.

His reading of the game is non existent. What was it Leipzig said? Something like tactically unaware? Fuck me that was an understatement of immense proportions.

They think Burke’s shite .....

Pick one of our 38 deadwood journey men and swop then ....

Thought not

Stop moaning we would die for a squad and manager half as good as yours !!!