WBA Fan Comments | Vital Football

WBA Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
This'll be a cracking game, really looking forward to it.

Would be a massive win but would take a draw, that way, if Fulham and Leeds both win, they will still be a win and a bit behind.

I’m quite confident that we win , I’d take a 1-0 but I actually think we are due to wallop someone and this would be a really good time.

We will show them who is the boss. 3 - 1.

I'm feeling good about this one, the lads will know this is a game to set us aside from the rest, we have the ability to tonk them and I think we will !! WBA 4 - Forest 1, oh and Grabban sent off to top it all off nicely.

I dunno, I can never forget us scoring first then losing 5-1 at home to Forest in about 1976 (edit: just looked it up it was 1979), so I would probably take a draw - I think it could be a high scoring game though, best of 5 or 6 goals.

I think it’ll be 1-1 or 2-2 and I’d take that.

Hoping for a significant 2 or 3 goal victory against forest. Never liked this lot much.

From what I've seen of NF recently, their biggest threat is Joe Lolley, I think he's OK. Grabban is a doubt with a knee injury, that's normally code for "he'll play".

For me, the two big threats are Watson in midfield & Lolley out wide, if we can negate both of them we'll win.

Forest fans think there biggest threats, and really their entire game plan is based around their fullbacks Cash and Ribeiro. Best in the league they think.

Great start, defending from the front again. Lets make it count.

Grabban missed a sitter.

Grabban had Bartley on toast there, dreadful defending and a terrible miss.

Bad challenge from Livermore who berates the Forest player for his reaction. They'd be having a look at that with VAR. No action in the Championship.

Our pressing from the front is starting to ease off. Should be pressuring them more. Also frustrating to see how easy Forest are getting through when they run - our central midfield don't do enough in that sense.

Cash gets a yellow. Terrible tackle on Pereira.

It was a soft yellow but they are booting Pereira at every opportunity though.

Not going to finish 11 v11 is it?

Cynical Forest, we must score first to bring them out.

Get in. Robinson with a composed finished after superb work from Pereira.

How do Forest react now? They like the counter attack but have to come out now?

Sow finally booked. Should change his approach.

That interception on Sow by Pereira was so satisfying after all his earlier dirty antics. Seems to be having a meltdown now.

1-1 own goal by Bartley.

What a terrible time to concede a goal. Especially one like that.

Been all over them today but we can't keep clean sheets. Will be an issue next season if we do go up.

Can't blame Bartley there thats a really good ball in.

Our defensive record at home is pretty grim. Only one clean sheet all season, so no surprise we’ve conceded again. Luton apart, we always do.

We've controlled the game to an extent but despite being 2nd best Forest have had all the best chances.

Not feeling this game, Were playing to their game.

If Bartley doesnt go for the ball they score anyway. Was just a top quality cross.

It’s criminal the way our flair players are targeted and hacked down. Isuppose they are under orders to snuff them out they should get far more protection by the referee.

Very scrappy game but really concerned how easy they are getting down our right side and always outnumber us with players just on the edge of our 18 yard box.

We have been the better side and we have the bench to hurt them as the game goes on but Forest are great on the counter and could hurt us. Finely balanced, I wouldn't be upset by a point, even if it does extend our poor home form.

Just seen the Livermore replay - stone wall red card. Very lucky boy.

Lucky it's all square with Grabbon missing a sitter.

Sky commentary very pro forest which is annoying me.

Ref seems to be protecting us a bit more this half.

Sow is impressing me today. Unsure if he could step up to prem but he seems to stand midfielders up well.

We need to dig in now. Forest are looking increasingly dangerous and yet we are not making much progress going forward.

Bartley did well vs Grabban couple of minutes ago but still had to tell Johnstone to come off line and collect. He isn't great when he has to think, just good at reflex saves.

Brilliant Pereira volley cleared off the line.

2-1 OG.

Dejavu.

I thought it was a foul on Ameobi. We have had the ref on our side today. Goodman p***** off. Love it.

Watson and Pereira so far contending for Motm in my humble opinion. Watson's positioning is top today, whilst Pereira is just Pereira. Very rich game in every element.

That was a penalty. Townsend rinsed.

It’s just as well there is no VAR as the goal would have been ruled out.

Ref has once again let us get away with one. I'd be annoyed as a Forest fan. Refs in this division are poor.

They are. We've had this bloke before and been on the end of bad decisions. But today we've been let off.

Sow off? Odd decision.

I'm not totally convinced it was a foul, Ameobi stuck his leg as he turned in front of Livermore and they got tangled.

He absolutely clattered him after Ameobi totally roasted him with a superb bit of skill.

Bartley hesitates, penalty should have been awarded against him.

Bartley very fortunate not to concede a penalty with a clear hands ball. We are getting the breaks today.

As for the pen, unsure as didn't look deliberate or an unnatural position, but still "feels" like one.

Ball to hand - he didn’t raise his arm.

If VAR was in this game we would be 2-1 down.

And down to 10 men.

The next time we moan about a referee - and we certainly will - we shouldn’t forget the days when we’ve had the rub of the green.

Almost another og by them.

Samba is a great keeper. Really rate him on this showing.

5 minutes of injury time.

2-2.

One shot on target. Johnstone concedes.

Great finish but doesn't take much to score against us.

This Forest team is gash in all honesty and I wouldn’t be worried about them challenging us. 2-2 is unfair but their Goalkeeper has kept them in it.

Great first touch and shot, turned Livermore on the edge of the box. Keeper got no chance.

We could rue this goal but in fairness Forest probably deserve a point.

Fair play to Forest. They’ve had pretty much everything go against them. Disappointing thing for us is we couldn’t take proper advantage of all our good fortune.

Bartley offside denies Livermore.

Bartley clears our shot off the line while sat offside. Awful end to the game.

Goal. Robbed.

He's actually onside and touches the ball over the line anyway.

Bartley is offside. Ball was over the line.

We will go up. But we will set records for most goals conceded and fewest clean sheets next season without signings.

In fairness, Johnstone was beaten by a very good shot but he should have been brave and done more with their first goal.

A point will do. We had the benefit of some dodgy decisions and their keeper had a blinder to be fair to him.

Bartley was offside at the end, you need to have 2 players playing you inside. Usually one of them is the keeper. Ball didn't go over anyway.

Ball was way over the line.

Robbed at the end. Perfectly good goal.

Can't really gave too many complaints. Our 2nd goal should not have stood. Livermore should probably have been sent off too. But we've only got ourselves to blame when we get such rub of the green. Only Sam Johnstone could concede 2 goals without making a save in 100 minutes of football.

We cannot defend. We're head and shoulders above Forest and completely dominated most of the game. Krovinovic MOTM he was superb. Sadly we've chucked 2 points away because we don't stop crosses coming in and close nothing down when teams get into dangerous areas.

I'd have taken 7 points from the previous three. Disappointing given the circumstances but if Forest are the best of the rest we have nothing to worry about. Absolute flogs.

Hard match that but happy with the way we played. Bartley had a stinker and we rode our luck a lot today. Ameobi was fouled in build up to our goal, Bartley handball should have been a pen to Forest and Livermore should have got a red for his foul in the first half.

Bartley touches the ball over the line though?

Prevents the defender clearing the ball.

Not a hope in hell would he have touched that let alone clear it.

Yes but his positioning at that moment was affecting the play and other players to interact with the ball, right? Offside for me, sadly. Better offside than another inaccurate decision by refs.

Disappointing not to see the game out but we had a few breaks from the ref. It was more important not to lose today than win. Difficult game. Forest organised and were trying to spoil it and hit us on the counter.

Frustrating as we’ve controlled that from start to finish and should have won the game

I thought Forest were awful - the goal comes from their first shot in the game

It’s a goal at the end - there is no way their player would have stopped that ball crossing the line. The ball is already past him before the defender realises.

The referee was clearly an idiot from the start - we were often the beneficiaries but it’s a clear red card for Livermore, a clear penalty for hand ball in the second half, a foul in the build up to our second goal and then a goal at the end.

Don't see Forest threatening the top two on that showing.

While we're at it Livermore should have been sent off. Our 2nd goal should have been ruled out for a foul and Forest should have had a penalty for clear handball against Bartley.

Never a penalty. His arm is naturally at 90 degrees while running.

We had a "homer" ref. It makes a change.

Might have looked that way on the tele, certainly didn't feel like it at the game. Our creative players were getting kicked off the park.

Pereira got some heavy treatment from a few Forest players especially first half but Stroud got 3 major decisions wrong in our favour.

They're supposedly one of the best teams in the league, especially away from home, and we played them off the park with a tired team.

Forest decent at what they do, disciplined, good shape with some threat on the break.

Dissapointing to concede so late but it was a fantastic strike, and in a strange way not an unfair result.

Clear penalty. Bartley’s arm prevents Lolley from getting on the end of the ball. Had it not been for his arm, he gets a shot at goal and likely scores.

Disappointing to concede late on to their only shot on target. We are a much better side than Forest, and you could tell that from the Forest manager and players' reactions. We had enough chances to have won that comfortably.

2 points dropped there without a doubt. Forest created little and lived off our errors.

Forest fans were game, fair play to them.

Why should Livermore have been sent off? Not a sarcastic question at all. I just don’t recall an incident for which he should have been red carded. Maybe my age.

A challenge in the first half. Iinitially thought he had gone to block the ball but as he does he stamps his foot into Riberio Knee.

It was blatant.

I don't know if something had happened between them two before because Livermore was giving him a right earful when he was on the deck.

I was impressed by the Forest full backs and their keeper. That was about it.

Did the forest LB do something in the first game this season, we seemed to be out for him today?

Forest fans are a bit bitter:

https://www.change.org/p/efl-fire-k...11a7e43c39&utm_content=fht-20293514-en-gb:v12

The ref was utterly awful, but his incompetence hurt bosh sides equally.

Forest were out played for 90mins, yet their “come for a draw” approach worked.

Fuck them.

They really are a deluded bunch of self entitled tosser's just like the Vile, moaning that he was an homer ref blah blah blah, no mention of the atrocious decessions to disallow our 3rd goal, and the fact they should never have finished the game with 11 players after their blatent thuggery on Peiarra and Krov, and with Dingle fuggin on I get the distinct impression Sky don't like us much either rarely do we get any praise off them think they choose us for tele hoping we fugg up.

Grow the fuck up.

Just been on their forum. Feel like I need a wash. Thought we could have good old meltdown but they take it to another level and not just on today’s comments. Despite our meltdowns this forum is so much more balanced than I’ve seen on other club’s forums. Forrest definitely up there with some of the most deluded.

Just found out... anyone can sign that petition... and make up any old BS name and/or reason...

Might be worth a few Baggies getting on there and giving their views on just why Forest were robbed today...

Done.

Me too, should give some of those Forest twats something to think about.

Forest fans have been far and away the worst on Twitter post-match for griping and whiny-arsing. The best were Brentford who were very gracious and wished us well.

Compare and contrast Brentford and Forest. One team comes to the Hawthorns. Plays enterprising, entertaining football. Leave with a point. Humble fans. Lots of plaudits from Albion fans for the way their team play. The other comes to park the bus. Shithouse tactics. Steal a point. Yet no humility saying they deserved all 3 (despite having 1 measly shot on target).

They were ***** after the game last season. They are clearly still ***** today.

The level of delusion, entitlement and total lack of self awareness belongs firmly in B6. Similarly, they are never outplayed, it must be the referee’s fault and cannot see the level of their own spawniness.

Arrogantdeludedlacemakinghorriblecunts.

Can we get the Forest keeper if we go up? That guy is superb. Best keeper I’ve seen in a long time.

I'm not so sure... He crosses his hands in a very strange way when punching/saving...it put me right off him!

Without him they'd be nowhere near the top 6.

Lucky to get a point today but as I said I’ll take it and move on to Bristol City.

They can feel aggrieved with some decisions, but a team who has their first shot on goal in the 90th minute cannot feel hard done by with the result.

Forest were finishing so strongly I thought they were going to get the winner.

Cheers CP. Living in the area, the more balanced comments reflect the general feeling from my mates etc.

They think Pereira had the shit kicked out of him but that Livermore should have gone. Most think a draw was probably a fair result and that the ref helped them out a bit.

Amusing that our fans come in for a slating...

Must admit I think if they do go up and Bolivia remains in charge they will challenge Derby’s record next season.

Don't see Forest threatening the top two on that showing.

loved that. Just beaten Leeds and drawn with them playing against the ref. But no... won’t challenge top 2

They are probably right though, we don't create enough against teams who concede possession and space and we're very reliant on our first XI.

They think they dominated but that's how we play, they did to be fair make samba do more than he's done in most games but hardly any clear cut chances. The ref was shocking a truly inept performance but they got 90% of the wrong decisions in their favour, if the ref was at all competent we could have been playing against 10 early on, Livermore also set up the own goal (after clearly fouling ameobi) the game would have played out very differently.

Their players were going down very easily ok Pereira was getting a bit roughed up, but there was one where his foot was gently brushed and he went down like he'd been hit by a car. A draw with all the bad decisions was a great result, they are a decent side but not anything special they should manage to go up unless they really screw it up.

Some fair comments in there. People moan about VAR but I’d rather have things ruled out because of a toenail than deal with a blind, biased fucking idiot like Stroud.

I didnt think i did after chelsea but changed my mind yesterday. Love the contradiction tho we are shit, got outplayed but we did have two penalties ignored and the goal immediately after breaking ameobi but we are deluded for having the termerity not to roll over for them.

If they go on and break the sheep record, i for one will be writing a very stiff letter of complaint.

They are the best squad in the league. They had a lot of the ball but made few chances. Should of had a goal disallowed and a man sent off. Not so sure of penalty. Forest missed the open goal (Grabban) as well as scoring two quality goals. Has Pereria got cardboard legs, as the rain seemed to weaken his legs and he went down with a passing wind?

They are probably right though, we don't create enough against teams who concede possession and space and we're very reliant on our first XI.
And top 2 wasn’t really on anyone’s radar this season....But if we get to the playoffs we probably won’t play a team that’s conceding possession and space!

They are the best squad in the league. They had a lot of the ball but made few chances. Should of had a goal disallowed and a man sent off. Not so sure of penalty. Forest missed the open goal (Grabban) as well as scoring two quality goals. Has Pereria got cardboard legs, as the rain seemed to weaken his legs and he went down with a passing wind?
Hmmm, HAVE.

Cheers CP, mostly balanced comments, apart from those by their village idiot.

That 2-2 feels like a win, especially given the worst reffing performance I've seen in a very long time. Even Don Goodman thought we'd been hard done by and that's about as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

Livermore should have seen red early on.

Grabban should have scored to make it 0-1.

We should have had a free kick in an attacking position, instead Livermore - who committed the foul on Ameobi sets up their 2nd goal.

Pereira clearly been taught by Dwight Gayle.

Lolley fouled just outside the box, Lolley should have had a penalty - Cash scores a belter, but we manage to get lucky at the end. We definitely need to work on game management at the end.