WBA away has to be the tipping point. | Vital Football

WBA away has to be the tipping point.

seanbeanstattoo

Vital Football Hero
Victory at WBA is essential. Another defeat must see the board make a decision. It really is that simple. Either they stick with Wilder and accept what will happen but trust in the longer term; or decide we need to replace him if we are to stay up. I don't know which way they'll go but if it's the latter then Rafa Benitez should be the target. Wasting his life in China or back in the prem.
Thing is it is obvious that good old robust effort and heart only gets you so far in the Prem. It was amazing last season but given the shocking recruitment this pre season was never going to work again. Wilders seeming lack of ability to change anything around given the ample time international breaks affords really concerns me and the obvious lack of anything by the players has to go down to him as well. The annoying thing is all we needed to do was upgrade in certain areas but Wilder spunked fortunes for no reason. A loan keeper, a proven decent pacy striker and some midfield creativity. Yes a replacement for JOC. Two of those could have been loans not stupid fees.
I've accepted we are going down after today.
Would love more than anyone could know to be wrong.
The board must act. Back him in January or replace him. Doing neither is unacceptable.

sbt ,we could bring pep in or klopp ,these players are fucking useless, yes thats wilders fault he signed em but he,ll be the only one to do anything with em. having said that who knows what rafa would do. wilder as fucked up with his signings really fucked up

Well done on waiting till now to decide we’re down my decision was made after the inability to score from open play against Fulham who have the worst defence in the league, as I’ve said many times I use goal difference as a gauge as to how good/bad teams are it doesn’t lie and we have the 2nd worse gd in the division the facts don’t lie but it isn’t half painful to watch

agree hes spunked what hes had on pure dog shit and un needed type of player at this stage in the teams development. fuckin insane signings

Well done on waiting till now to decide we’re down my decision was made after the inability to score from open play against Fulham who have the worst defence in the league, as I’ve said many times I use goal difference as a gauge as to how good/bad teams are it doesn’t lie and we have the 2nd worse gd in the division the facts don’t lie but it isn’t half painful to watch
and well done on being weeks behind mine. it was plain to see before we even kicked a ball that we wouldnt score goals and look what we bought ffs honestly cant get mi head round the absolute poor decision making in scouting and buying players, where the fucks bogle and why isnt burke getting on the pitch

Totally agree SBT.
Appreciate we're all hurting at the moment....but...
Feel his loyalty to the group that got promoted is his downfall. Not improving the areas you've mentioned, even though he remarked on it at the end of last season, has been headscratching to say the least.
Heart of hearts can't see this being turned around.

and well done on being weeks behind mine. it was plain to see before we even kicked a ball that we wouldnt score goals and look what we bought ffs honestly cant get mi head round the absolute poor decision making in scouting and buying players, where the fucks bogle and why isnt burke getting on the pitch
Not sure why bogle isn’t featuring even on the bench but we don’t see them in training 🤷‍♂️ for me what I’ve seen of Burke he’s just not good enough but then you have to ask why CW brought him in I personally think Robinson was better but CW makes the decisions and will stand or fall by them

Not sure why bogle isn’t featuring even on the bench but we don’t see them in training 🤷‍♂️ for me what I’ve seen of Burke he’s just not good enough but then you have to ask why CW brought him in I personally think Robinson was better but CW makes the decisions and will stand or fall by them
yep thats the point wilder signs bogle and burke then dosnt play them, burke causes more panic to oppo defenders with his pace and gets in behind defences,hes quicker to close down and covers the ground 10 times better than mcburnie. the team needs a complete look at and change in tactics. wing backs are dreadful couldnt deliver a pizza to the house next door to the pizza place. shocking,mind you they created probably 2 decent crosses today so suppose thatll do lol

Well he saw that lot in training and picked them so that means didley squat eh mate.

Fail to win against WBA and the Prince has to have a long talk with CW. He needs to be convinced CW has the ideas, ability and vision to turn this around.

It may be that both men reach the conclusion he can't. I don't envy the decision the Prince has to make.

I think we're down. Don't win at WBA, and we're definitely down. It will certainly feel like that anyway.

We can't sack Wilder. Not an option. But he needs to have a serious think and he needs to be honest with himself. If he chooses to be stubborn it could be the beginning of the end. And that would be awful.

I'd hate to see the end of Wilder

But I think he's defeating himself

If ever a team mirrored the managers image, ours did.

So it's only natural they would mirror his negative image now.

God knows whats happened to him but it's no surprise to me. I didn't get too carried away last season because I knew something would happen to kill our improvement as a club stone dead

Wilder's retreating into his shell - he's under pressure.
We'd all be the same. Stick with what you know, or start making changes??

He needs support - thank god we're not at the Lane booing now - because that is what would be happening.

Some of the buys we have made have been bizarre IMHO, but maybe the point is that he doesn't have the finances to go in and buy the type of players we all want because that would mean a complete and immediate overhaul of our wages system for all players in the squad - which would not be possible with the budgets he has been given.

Whatever happens, I don't want to get to the point where he will no longer be my favourite Blades manager of all time.

These are all Wilder’s players good, bad or indifferent, and I so can’t see another manager turning them around. A new manager would probably want to start the rebuilding process from scratch next season.

If we are to go down it doesn’t matter one jot to me if we’re down by February or fall to a last minute goal on the final day in fact the former would be less painful. All this crap and despair I’m hearing on social media about lowest ever points totals is irrelevant. We won’t go down any lower and there’s no guarantee that going down fighting this season will make us any better next season. If this continues and it looks like relegation is nailed on, maybe we should be thinking who is the best man is to get us back up. Based on what’s gone before I’d have to say Wilder. Whether HRH feels the same...that’s the question but I bet whoever’s in charge won’t have much to spend this January.

Look at Norwich stick with Farke and are now top of the championship. Replace Wilder with who, don’t be so stupid. Who would get better out of these players and this budget ?. It is not just about fees but wages. Has everyone forgotten the last 3 seasons get a grip for gods sake. Everything has conspired against us so we sack the manager ?.As for Rafa Benitez coming on our budget have a word 😂.

I'd hate to see the end of Wilder

But I think he's defeating himself

If ever a team mirrored the managers image, ours did.

So it's only natural they would mirror his negative image now.

God knows whats happened to him but it's no surprise to me. I didn't get too carried away last season because I knew something would happen to kill our improvement as a club stone dead
I don’t know where it’s coming from but we seem to be too nice. Another game without any bookings YAAAAY!

I’m not suggesting that the players should act like idiots (as Lundstram does occasionally) but we used to be able to bully and dominate teams. That’s what’s missing more than anything for me, the odd crunching tackle and body check will of course lead to more yellow cards but if I’m honest, other teams seem to be bullying us at times now if anything..

I wouldn’t include today’s game in that final comment because it was played like a friendly between players from the same squad most of the time. Something is missing, no anger, no rage, just apparent acceptance that at some stage the opposition will score and they won’t.

Look at Norwich.

Look at their recruitment. They made less money than we paid for Brewster stretch a very long way because they have a strong Europe wide scouting network. Coupled with a strong youth set up and they're always going to be there or thereabouts when it comes to playing in the PL.

Scouting and youth development are areas of the football club we simply have to improve upon regardless of who the manager is.

Klopp has had the biggest laugh ever. Can anyone genuinely say why chasing Brewster for even a loan was clever? FFS I knew it was a joke idea surely everyone else could see that. Signing him was what you do when you are someone like Everton or Spurs. a gamble for the future.

Klopp has had the biggest laugh ever. Can anyone genuinely say why chasing Brewster for even a loan was clever? FFS I knew it was a joke idea surely everyone else could see that. Signing him was what you do when you are someone like Everton or Spurs. a gamble for the future.

who would you have signed SBT?