WBA away has to be the tipping point. | Page 3 | Vital Football

WBA away has to be the tipping point.

Hindsight, signing an unproven kid who has yet to play regularly or score in the premiership for 23 millionand you need hindsight. Couple that with the way we play and the way Brewster likes to play and you need hindsight. No maybe just a reasonable knowledge of the game. I would have gone the tro Deeney route with LOng or Pukki. is this a long term fix no but the hole we were in cried out for experienced players with proven scoring records at the level.

So Wilder has no knowledge of the game now? I'm sure he'll bow to your greater wisdom Winnie

I don't know why he was signed SBT - but he looks like a very exciting prospect who had scored regularly last season in the Championship (like Watkins) and had scored for Liverpool in the close season.

I would 100% rather us sign a player like him, as opposed to Danny Welbeck. If we aren't good enough this season, so be it, let's go back down to the Championship and rebuild, this time with a younger, more dynamic squad (which we seem to be assembling).

Fine. I'd rather stay up and if I had to go down not waste 24 million in the process. Thats just me being a tight Yorky. Who knows a little bit about football.

I don't know why he was signed SBT - but he looks like a very exciting prospect who had scored regularly last season in the Championship (like Watkins) and had scored for Liverpool in the close season.

I would 100% rather us sign a player like him, as opposed to Danny Welbeck. If we aren't good enough this season, so be it, let's go back down to the Championship and rebuild, this time with a younger, more dynamic squad (which we seem to be assembling).
Sadly Aya, and unecessarely I fear you are right.

We needed a JOC replacement and an attacking midfield but if we had signed them and no striker the fans would have gone mad. I still think our lowest in the league wage structure means we struggle to attract the quality we need.

He should be clearing his desk this morning, that second half yesterday was completely unacceptable, and the substitutions ( Lundstrum ffs) were those of someone who has completely lost the plot. The body language of the players indicates to me he has lost the confidence of the dressing room, they no longer have any faith in what he is doing, We only have about a 10% chance of staying up now and when we lose to West Brom, which we will, that will come down even further. Thanks for the five years Chris, it’s been a great ride, but it’s time to step down.

Passing on David Nugent for Stead and Shelton was an act of tranfer barmyness that CW managed to rival the last window.

Speaking of barmyness I read on S2 a while back 'for all he's done for us Wilder could take us to League 2 and I'd still back him'. The Prince however doesn't have Blades DNA, he rewarded CW financially for his achievements - sometimes sentimentality isn't the way to go, it sometimes gives you Jags and Billy getting juicy contracts.

If the Prince doesn't think CW can turn it around he'd be fully justified sacking him. CW is performing as badly as anyone at the club, we can't pretend that isn't the case. We finished the game yesterday with Berge, McBurnie and Brewster on the pitch, that's nearly 70 million quids worth of talent, and we're playing a style of football and formation that won't get the best out of any of them.

The dilema is that I want CW to manage us back in the Championship. But to get to that stage we've got 3/4 of the season to go where if things don't change we'll be the worst side in PL history. What sort of mug would the Prince look if he allowed that to happen without making a change ?

Passing on David Nugent for Stead and Shelton was an act of tranfer barmyness that CW managed to rival the last window.

Speaking of barmyness I read on S2 a while back 'for all he's done for us Wilder could take us to League 2 and I'd still back him'. The Prince however doesn't have Blades DNA, he rewarded CW financially for his achievements - sometimes sentimentality isn't the way to go, it sometimes gives you Jags and Billy getting juicy contracts.

If the Prince doesn't think CW can turn it around he'd be fully justified sacking him. CW is performing as badly as anyone at the club, we can't pretend that isn't the case. We finished the game yesterday with Berge, McBurnie and Brewster on the pitch, that's nearly 70 million quids worth of talent, and we're playing a style of football and formation that won't get the best out of any of them.

The dilema is that I want CW to manage us back in the Championship. But to get to that stage we've got 3/4 of the season to go where if things don't change we'll be the worst side in PL history. What sort of mug would the Prince look if he allowed that to happen without making a change ?

That's the key paragraph. The reality is the recent additions to our fanbase don't go back very far to really dark days and shocking manager after shocking manager as well as shocking owner after shocking owner. No-one is bigger than the club; the club will still be here long after he is gone. Statements trotted out regularly to address things related to both players and managers. The question is when does enough become enough? Or does it never become enough? I really thought Wilder would turn things round but yesterday was poor, irrespective of chances not taken (yet again). I watched Fulham v Everton and Fulham gave it a right go. Our midfield yesterday was largely by passed in attack and absent in defence as it became part of a back 8. EIGHT at home to a team that won without much effort such was the space we gave them. We were scared. That dosen't bode well. I don't know what the answer is but surely the Prince must be (understandably) very concerned.

Wilder took us from League one to the Premier in three seasons, a remarkable achievement no one is saying other wise... But it takes a different breed to be successful at Premier League level. Nigel Adkins took Southampton from League one to the Premier League in two seasons. By the logic of some on here that should mean Nigel Adkins should have been Southampton manager for ever more. But of course he wasn’t, as Southampton knew they needed something more at the very highest level.

That's the key paragraph. The reality is the recent additions to our fanbase don't go back very far to really dark days and shocking manager after shocking manager as well as shocking owner after shocking owner. No-one is bigger than the club; the club will still be here long after he is gone. Statements trotted out regularly to address things related to both players and managers. The question is when does enough become enough? Or does it never become enough? I really thought Wilder would turn things round but yesterday was poor, irrespective of chances not taken (yet again). I watched Fulham v Everton and Fulham gave it a right go. Our midfield yesterday was largely by passed in attack and absent in defence as it became part of a back 8. EIGHT at home to a team that won without much effort such was the space we gave them. We were scared. That dosen't bode well. I don't know what the answer is but surely the Prince must be (understandably) very concerned.

Knowsnowt's 'get to fuck' thread on S2 is a beauty, 70+ likes for the sentiment we can't even question CW, if you do you're a wicked ingrate - nothing but mindless devotion is allowed. He built it, he can destroy it.

I'd hope CW is hearing questions, like why is Didzy in open play pressing Haller in the West Ham half, why with three in midfield to their two are we being played right through with our Rolls Royce expensive Norwegian made to look bog standard, why is Lundstram getting 15 minutes and not Burke ?????

Questions coming from the right people to CW would be more help than hinderance.