WBA after DC | Page 44 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not forgetting all the fuss and speculation about interest from that massive club Grimsby, that must have been a real dilemma for the Cowleys.
Yes, according to one prize dipstick on The Pishy, the Cowleys wanted to leave Lincoln for Grimsby but Fenty wouldn't pay the £20,000 Lincoln demanded for them.

While it's true that some will spend money stupidly (Sunderland seem to be getting back on track), I think someone ran the numbers in a football/stats book and coaching/other factors were only shown to have about a 15% variance in position from the expected position based on budget. I'll try and dig it out in a bit more detail. I think it was largely based on the Premier League.

Pretty depressing though, as expenditure does seem to be pretty deterministic.

I think in part that's because good management, let alone exceptional management, is really quite rare. Most managers are rotated round clubs doing much the same thing as each other so it's not surprising the results don't vary by that much.

I think we do have exceptional management though...

They're on 20k-£35k a week each. Well documented. Sunderland had a wage budget of £14 million last season.

If you want a happy dressing room, your wage structure is relatively flat, with some variation obviously for seniority. But that in some part determines the players you can attract - if you break the wage structure, you will probably get demands from your other players, leading to wage inflation across your staff or a bunch of unhappy players.

£2m between 22 players = £1,748 a week baseline. A club with £6m and 33 players could offer an average £3,496 a week - twice as much as us. We could break our wage structure and pay twice our baseline to land a player, and the deal wouldn't even be considered a risk by that other club.

Also Sunderland, with 30 to 40 players and a £14m budget, has a baseline of between £6,730 and £8,974 a week.
Your Sunderland figures demonstrate the point you make about harmony and a flat wage structure. 4 players sharing 4-7 million. 26-36 players sharing 7-10 million.

It is well documented that we have a happy dressing room. And that bostwick and Shackell, probably two of the best players we have attracted, didn’t sign for the money. And were probably not really a risk.

I watched [20-35k a week] cattermole playing L1 football last week, didn’t look 5-10 times better than the [6m budget] donny midfielders, or 10-20 times better than [1.7k a week average] pett and o’connor

Yes, according to one prize dipstick on The Pishy, the Cowleys wanted to leave Lincoln for Grimsby but Fenty wouldn't pay the £20,000 Lincoln demanded for them.
Remember a codhead putting on 1ff around late 2017 that the Cowleys were definitely off to manage Gillingham...

Your Sunderland figures demonstrate the point you make about harmony and a flat wage structure. 4 players sharing 4-7 million. 26-36 players sharing 7-10 million.

It is well documented that we have a happy dressing room. And that bostwick and Shackell, probably two of the best players we have attracted, didn’t sign for the money. And were probably not really a risk.

I watched [20-35k a week] cattermole playing L1 football last week, didn’t look 5-10 times better than the [6m budget] donny midfielders, or 10-20 times better than [1.7k a week average] pett and o’connor

Yep, that's the influence of Premier League money.

Didn't see buckielugger's post? They have had an unofficial talk with WBA. So media could be right about secondary talks and the buyout triggered by the sounds of it. That would be the official approach we have heard is lacking for this 'rumour' to be true.

I think people are just desperate to keep them and the statement hiding behind carefully chosen words of 'official approach' doesn't squash concerns totally.

Where on any official outlet does it say they had held unofficial talks? The only thing they have said is there has been no official contact. So anything else is people adding their own interpretation to that. I think what has to be weighed up is where the story initiated, and who from. The origins are dubious to say the least especially when the person said there was a £500k buy out clause which is total and utter bullshi. A bit like Mr Bullshitter who started all the speculation.

There aren’t too many lines to read between...

- Danny and Nicky act as their own agents
- Radio Lincs said that (in this case at least) reporters don’t make stuff up.

Therefore there must have been talks between WBA and Danny and we know they weren’t via an official approach therefore they must have been unofficial.

Therefore there must have been talks between WBA and Danny and we know they weren’t via an official approach therefore they must have been unofficial.

If that's the case then it looks like they have likely said not at this point then thankyou. Unless you come back with a huge offer for both us and the club.

I would have to take you to task about how reporters behave. There are many instances of reporters making things up and being found out. Apologies to any reporters I know most have integrity. Don't make stuff up? £500k buyout? Was that not made up? so why is anyone giving the fella any credence?

Don't look at PP if you're of a nervous disposition.:throw:
Now gone 7 to 1 ON to get the job with Paddy Power. That means it’s very very likely. Generally managers go to this price when there is a verbal agreement and the contract needs finalising. I’d suggest it’s going to happen sadly.

If it does happen I will take absolutely no comfort from the apologies of all those people talking dirt about journalists.

Don’t know your source David but that would be my intuition from the betting odds. Done deal subject to contracts.
Pinch of salt but their fans twitter think it's a matter time
That would make the club andmore importantly Danny a massive liar, I find that very hard to believe
Especially no other bookie or media outlet are reporting anything

Status
Not open for further replies.