WBA after DC | Page 2 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive club who yo yo between the championship and premier all the time.
Think this is the best one yet that they’ve been linked with.
But don’t write the white walkers off yet either. After they lost last night there’s sure to be a vacancy there shortly. Now that would be a job they couldn’t refuse.

WBA fans are a little bit precious about their style of play. Here's some titbits from their forum:

"Whilst Cowley at Lincoln has done very well the past few seasons, he has done so playing a brand of football similar to what Megson provided, certainly not entertaining if that's what the vast majority of fans want"

"Cowley's brand of football makes Pulis look like Guardiola"

"Cowley - In work but in lower leagues so compensation not excessive nor would his wage expectations be. Plays god awful football and makes no apologies for it"

"Cowley apparently plays Pulis esque football and is extremely unproven at this level"

"When you feel the need to defend the way you play football in League 2 you can rest assured that it is pig ugly"

He'd have no chance there. Avoid, Danny.

Is that just for Danny or both Danny and Nicky though?
I guess that's for Danny only, but when managers move clubs they usually take their assistants with them. No idea whether there would be a compensation clause for Nicky as well? If there isn't, there ought to be. Does anyone know whether £500k is even correct?

Irrespective of what playing budget we may have, the Cowleys themselves are worth way over a million to the club each and every season they are with us.
In fact you could easily put their value to the club at £3 million plus per year.
That being the case, it really needs being put into contract that a minimum of £10 million is needed to take them off us with that figure going up each time we climb again.
Even then we would only be getting back around 3 year's worth of Cowley magic.
Frankly if a billionaire club ever came in for them, we should be looking at several tens of millions in compensation.
These clubs happily and repeatedly pay far more for each below average player they care to plump for. The Manager of a team though is far more vital than all of a squad of players put together.

If true, I doubt they'll go - I think it's too soon for them, they haven't even had a stab at league 1 yet. But the more worrying aspect for me is the £500,000 compensation, which doesn't seem anywhere near enough in my opinion. That part of their contracts need amending quickly before they do eventually get tempted away

Maybe it’s as much as they allowed to be written in. Don’t forget, they hold all of the cards in this relationship.

who knows, maybe the managers insisted on a lowish release clause, to give them the option to leave if the right job comes up.

wba was a £100m+ operation until last year. still have parachute payments. 500k is nothing to them. i mean, what kind of player do they get for that.

Listen at some of you lot. Flipping heck you think you would have learnt something by now. Danny and Nicky are different to most football people. They are loyal and not egocentric. I have absolutely every confidence that they won't be going anywhere just yet. Danny and Nicky don't say things for effect. They mean what they say. Danny also made a point a couple of years ago that they have always honoured their contracts and I am sure they will in our case as well. Then they will move on I suspect.

WBA I am not worried at all tbh.

who knows, maybe the managers insisted on a lowish release clause, to give them the option to leave if the right job comes up.

wba was a £100m+ operation until last year. still have parachute payments. 500k is nothing to them. i mean, what kind of player do they get for that.

Not a player for 500k more a tea boy or kit man or senior SLO.

Hortin is tweeting about a full interview with DC that's going out as a podcast in the morning, but wont say anything about it...….good news or bad news??

Would be a great move for them. Would have every chance of being in the Premier League in a year from now.

WBA fans are a little bit precious about their style of play. Here's some titbits from their forum:

"Whilst Cowley at Lincoln has done very well the past few seasons, he has done so playing a brand of football similar to what Megson provided, certainly not entertaining if that's what the vast majority of fans want"

"Cowley's brand of football makes Pulis look like Guardiola"

"Cowley - In work but in lower leagues so compensation not excessive nor would his wage expectations be. Plays god awful football and makes no apologies for it"

"Cowley apparently plays Pulis esque football and is extremely unproven at this level"

"When you feel the need to defend the way you play football in League 2 you can rest assured that it is pig ugly"

He'd have no chance there. Avoid, Danny.

DC will be really impressed if he eyeballs their fans forum.
perception meets reality......result shock.

This is exactly the sort of club we should be worried about. A lower Championship club wouldn't be tempting enough and Premier League would be too much of a jump. West Brom is right in the sweet spot.

WBA replace their manager every 6 months.

basket case environment...anyone with a brain will not touch this appointment.

Cowley will go to a more stable club in time, for me either a Norwich, Portsmouth style setup when he does move.

Crazy to think ten games in and it doesn’t go to plan he will be fired. He has 100 games here.

Cowley will go to a more stable club in time, for me either a Norwich, Portsmouth style setup when he does move.

Crazy to think ten games in and it doesn’t go to plan he will be fired. He has 100 games here.

I agree, a better fit for him would be a club with realistic expectations, a good owner and a chance to re-create the atmosphere within the whole community. Somewhere like Middlesbrough.

Danny will have seen how they treated a club legend in Darren Moore. Hughton is proven at that level with both Brighton and Newcastle. More likely to go for proven I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.