WBA after DC | Page 33 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio Lincs say they are having second talks today, there will be some sort of news today.

Michael Hortin on Radio Lincolnshire just said that the club will be saying something today . Just what that "something" will be is another matter.

So I guess that rules out them not being given permission to firstly speak to the Cowleys, and also Danny and Nicky not turning West Brom down?

Radio Lincs say they are having second talks today, there will be some sort of news today.

Well if that's the case then it does sound as though the end is nigh for the Cowley era at Lincoln City.

Disappointed because I really thought this was our great opportunity as a club and Danny said that he wanted this to be the moment in time the club changed status and not to be just remembered as a golden era! Well that seems to have gone out the window!

Oh well you can't blame them but ultimately I think it will be a bad move for them and for us! Think they will find dealing with highly paid primadonnas a whole different ball game but heyho what will be will be I suppose!

Last edited:
Well if that's the case then it does sound as though the end is nigh for the Cowley era at Lincoln City.

Disappointed because I really thought this was our great opportunity as a club and Danny said that he wanted this to be the moment in time the club changed status and not to be just remembered as a golden era! Well that seems to have gone out the window!

Oh well you can't blame them but ultimately I think it will be a bad move for them and for us! Think they will find dealing with highly paid prima Donnas a whole different ball game but heyho what will be will be I suppose!

Not sure it sounds like a done deal yet, we'll see.

Oh well you can't blame them but ultimately I think it will be a bad move for them and for us! Think they will find dealing with highly paid prima Donnas a whole different ball game but heyho what will be will be I suppose!

The club has gone from national league to league one in three seasons. We’re tying players like Jason Shackell down on new contracts as opposed to loaning Robbie Williams. The club has changed status and we can only say thank you.

The highly paid primadonna line is quite cliched and you know Cowley will shape his squad with characters that he likes and believes in. I’m sure they’ll do fantastically and I really hope they do.

Radio Lincs have not got this 'news' about 2nd talks on social media which seems odd given it could be the biggest story for them this year.

The club has gone from national league to league one in three seasons. We’re tying players like Jason Shackell down on new contracts as opposed to loaning Robbie Williams. The club has changed status and we can only say thank you.

The highly paid primadonna line is quite cliched and you know Cowley will shape his squad with characters that he likes and believes in. I’m sure they’ll do fantastically and I really hope they do.

I am sure they will. I am only quoting what I was told by my work colleague who is a WBA season ticket holder on the primadonnas. I just hope they are given the time to shape the squad! they have had 5 managers in the same time the Cowleys have been here!

We live and die by our decisions and only time will tell and if they go I wish them only the best and thank them wholeheartedly.

All Radio Lincs have done is repeated the PA sport story, but have said the club will offer some clarification on the situation sometime today. So its still the same at present, which journo's story is the correct one. Tense times.

So what you're saying then, just so that I'm clear, is that Lincoln City fans should not discuss the possible loss of our best ever manager?
We lost Colin Murphy years ago... I'd love it if Danny sticks around to claim that title of best ever lcfc manager but it's not his yet. CM nearly pulled off a miracle on a shoestring budget at league 1 level and nearly got us to the promised land two season s running with what is still the best set of players to wear the shirt in the last 40yrs, Danny's yet to surpass that. CM matched winning the conference title, whilst not winning the league 2 title he actually amassed more points than Danny in doing so if it had been 3pts for a win (by 5 pts). Murph still sits on that pedestal as far as I'm concerned, so cmon Danny, still work to be done if you want that particular crown, but certainly believe that crown will be yours if stay a bit longer.

Yes please. With a £5m release clause for Danny and a £5m release clause for Nicky.

And I'd make it a 10 year rolling contract.
Wouldn't stop them leaving at any point, but would give them full security whilst they stayed and ensure too that we got a proper amount of compensation off the rich boys whenever they did leave.
After all those big clubs readily spend silly multi-millions on piss-poor average players, whereas the Manager of the team is far more critical than all their bloated squads put together.

We lost Colin Murphy years ago... I'd love it if Danny sticks around to claim that title of best ever lcfc manager but it's not his yet. CM nearly pulled off a miracle on a shoestring budget at league 1 level and nearly got us to the promised land two season s running with what is still the best set of players to wear the shirt in the last 40yrs, Danny's yet to surpass that. CM matched winning the conference title, whilst not winning the league 2 title he actually amassed more points than Danny in doing so if it had been 3pts for a win (by 5 pts). Murph still sits on that pedestal as far as I'm concerned, so cmon Danny, still work to be done if you want that particular crown, but certainly believe that crown will be yours if stay a bit longer.
But Danny has taken us to an FA Cup QF as a non-league club and a Wembley victory, to compensate. So, both agree and disagree with this.

Spot on.

I have resisted posting on this thread because it just mainly panders to the egos of tweeters and gossip scaremongers. The Cowleys are bound to be sought after, any managers with their record will be on the radar of many clubs. The difference is the Cowleys are different, they come from a different background to most football people.
Posters on here and elsewhere are guessing at the truth behind scandalously untrue tweets from unregulated egotistical attention seeking mongs.
We will kick off League 1 on August 3rd with DC and NC in charge. End of the speculation, ignore the mongs!

Status
Not open for further replies.