Watson | Vital Football

Watson

Marco Polo

Vital 1st Team Regular
Everyone hates him. But he's playgn a different role this season. If you clowns watch, he drops in to cover CB when the wingers push on to give us 3 at the back. Also covers when one of the CBs gets drawn out of shape.

its very clever and you lot don't understand it I don't think

He covers at the back when the opposition allow him to, he can't hack it when the games fast just points for others to cover the places he can't get to. Brum game had all the time in the world and he played well spraying it about, against Leeds and Charlton he was just chasing shadows. We've better options on the bench, makes no sense letting him struggle for 90 minutes.

He’s ok, doesn’t deserve the stick he gets on here. Reminds me of the abuse McGovern got from the philistine’s ?

He's ok isn't going to be pushing the top 6, there's better players in the squad going with ok instead of good doesn't make any sense.

any old experienced player can play that role with no legs. Its called reading the game. But that just snt enough in todays game by any stretch. You also need power and pace and stamina and he has none of those things. he didnt have them from day one last season

I don't, in a fast paced game he can't keep up, I agree with the comment if pointing for other players to cover when he simply can't get there, it's almost laughable. Far better options in the team, won't win many away with him starting, should be used only in games when pace has slowed , or preferably not at all!

any old experienced player can play that role with no legs. Its called reading the game. But that just snt enough in todays game by any stretch. You also need power and pace and stamina and he has none of those things. he didnt have them from day one last season

It would be nice if all players had all those attributes but if they did they wouldn’t be playing for us! Even messi doesn’t have all of those ie power

Carv is another good example, no power or pace but has other qualities.
Watson can read the game and is good with the ball as in doesn’t give it away. Every team needs a player like him but his type are rarely appreciated by the masses.

I’d have Yates over him all day though