Watson | Vital Football

Watson

MaltaRed

Vital Football Hero
https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/sport-opinion/ben-watson-must-made-nottingham-1200604

Agree completely and a strange one...

Interested to see that Watson was already ‘doing the captains job’ on Saturday having several 1 to 1 chats with players as they came back out for the second half - very impressed.

Is this the message from Kranky suggesting that he's ready
to hand the armband over to Watson or A N Other...............

"We need to be careful with the captaincy and with the armband. The first thing you have to do is to build a strong group.

In the end, time will tell you who your strongest players are and who wants to be the captain. Sometimes you think that one player is your captain – but then another player can arrive and the player who was the captain then prefers to leave the armband.

I do not care about the captaincy today. The main thing for me is that I have the right players."

redderthanred - 13/2/2018 09:35

Is this the message from Kranky suggesting that he's ready
to hand the armband over to Watson or A N Other...............

"We need to be careful with the captaincy and with the armband. The first thing you have to do is to build a strong group.

In the end, time will tell you who your strongest players are and who wants to be the captain. Sometimes you think that one player is your captain – but then another player can arrive and the player who was the captain then prefers to leave the armband.

I do not care about the captaincy today. The main thing for me is that I have the right players."

Spot on... chances are that Watson will be captain as from the next game ...following Mancianne `having an injury` in training the day before and not making the 18 ... :17:
Even Bridcutt absence through injury is a bit suspect as it happened exactly on the arrival of the new bunch ... it would be nice to have some `inside` info on this and confirm if Bridcutt (the best Warrby signing) has go `injured` during training after sitting two games suspension..

cant say i ever rated him, average workhorse when he was super fit, now not as fit and years older. its natural (unless you are Pope) to be positive and see the potential every time we have new players but I cant say a single one of the would ever have been on my own personal shopping list at any point even during their peak :14:

paz1967 - 13/2/2018 21:22

cant say i ever rated him, average workhorse when he was super fit, now not as fit and years older. its natural (unless you are Pope) to be positive and see the potential every time we have new players but I cant say a single one of the would ever have been on my own personal shopping list at any point even during their peak :14:

paz, it's obvious that we're limited for cash and time and so far as I'm concerned, staying up.

Can't imagine how nice it would be to have the backing of Chelsea or Man C for example but we're Forest and don't have that sort of backing.

:14:

really my points about players we buy are not finance issues we waste far more money buying crap; THAT is half the financial issues

I think they are more concerned with leadership and giving the armband to a natural leader makes sense

Stupid ****

AdebolaCornflakes - 14/2/2018 18:39

Captaincy really shouldn't matter on the pitch.

Correct.

One of our former managers, who's name escapes me, once remarked in an interview that he would look around the bus before setting off for a game and if he could not see five or six leaders he would want to turn the bus round, or words to that effect.

You cant have enough leaders and we have too few