Watkins | Vital Football

Watkins

yellow belly

Vital Football Legend
Looks like he is off to Bristol City for £1m . Did sweet FA for us and only scored once in 27 games . Amazing how these prolific scorers for other sides can’t do it for us

This was on the cards since January to be fair. Another welsh/english lad gone but one we will not miss. I do feel there is a good player in there but we didn't see it. DF's first signing and one to go into the crap pile.

As we say in these parts Watkins simply didn`t cut the Mustard for us!

Came on a free, so the rumoured 1-2m is a result I suppose, paid his wages and gave us a meagre profit.

Canaries official Twitter account classed him as winger??

So who else can we sell...McGovern, naismith (Who hearts want but I think they want him on the very very cheap), Martin, Husband, Jarvis, Oli, maddison...

They will all leave on the cheap, money be banked and leave us with a smaller squad eventually boosted by second rate german crap.

Last season was a small squad and they want it smaller. they will look to get players who can play in more than one role - So a new Right Back who can also cover Left Back. A new Forward who can also play left wing. so we don't need to sign lots of players just get jack of all trades in.

From how I read it it sounded like Hearts wanted Naismith on a free and he was going to ask the club to release him early and basically the same deal with Martin

“I can go away now and get some work done and look to impress when I get here. I am ambitious. This is a club that wants to get to the Premier League. They play a style that is more suited to my game than at Norwich. They play a more exciting brand of football, more attacking.

Good summary of DF 's crap tactics.

He also says he can't wait to play for a big club. I think he means he can't wait to play for a rich club.

Our style isn't exciting and is so rigid. I'm sure he'll be decent at bristol

Did well at Barnsley , will probably do well at Bristol . I think there is something wrong at our club . Same with so many other players like RVW , Hooper and Beechio

With Murphy - Watkins Maddison (he won't be here) all going the English/Welsh player criteria is getting slim:

Matthews

Raggett - Will he be here
Aarons
Husband - not good enough

Godfrey
Cantwell
Thompson
Jarvis - not going to be involved is he?

Morris - (injured for a while now so won't be playing)

9 in our squad that is poor. need 7 in the matchday squad. and out of that 9 one is out for a while - one is not good enough and another is Jarvis so really we down to 6 so all of them have to be involved no choice and another will needed to be included maybe a Phillips.

Matthews - Aarons - Klose - Hanley - Lewis - Trybull - Godfrey - Hernandez - Cantwell - Buendia - Oli --- Subs ---- Oxborough - Raggett - Zimmermann - Thompson - Vrancic - Srbeny - Tettey.

Not a great situation to be in as your line up is nearly picked for you.

Brilliant business. Had him on a free and passed him on for over a million pounds. Money for nothing.. No doubt he'll be the next best thing at Bristol :hmmm:

With Murphy - Watkins Maddison (he won't be here) all going the English/Welsh player criteria is getting slim:

Matthews

Raggett - Will he be here
Aarons
Husband - not good enough

Godfrey
Cantwell
Thompson
Jarvis - not going to be involved is he?

Morris - (injured for a while now so won't be playing)

9 in our squad that is poor. need 7 in the matchday squad. and out of that 9 one is out for a while - one is not good enough and another is Jarvis so really we down to 6 so all of them have to be involved no choice and another will needed to be included maybe a Phillips.

Matthews - Aarons - Klose - Hanley - Lewis - Trybull - Godfrey - Hernandez - Cantwell - Buendia - Oli --- Subs ---- Oxborough - Raggett - Zimmermann - Thompson - Vrancic - Srbeny - Tettey.

Not a great situation to be in as your line up is nearly picked for you.

I know it doesn't make a huge difference and it still isn't good enough but Hanley and Lewis count to the number. It's about being home grown and coming through a English league club (Hanley at Blackburn and Lewis with us) rather than being English or Welsh.

Still no where near good enough and looks like it will only get worse. I don't understand why we don't just play the youth team as it would be cheaper and we don't want to spend any money anyway.

Last year I was so full of optomisium now I think we are done for due to the greed of a batty old chef.

Ah, so it is homegrown who have been with an English/Welsh club before his 21st birthday. Also in the player registration, 8 have to be homegrown. I might be wrong but I am sure one of the players on the matchday squad has to be from the academy no matter of their nationality. So as Hanley was at Crewe in his youth and was 16 and then Blackburn still under 21 he is able to be considered.

As you TH26 we still have a poor number. I remember a time about 4 seasons ago where we had an all British side minus Wes.

So with those 2 we have 11.

I believe you are right with there having to be one academy product, bears.

I believe you have to at least be at a team in that country (doesn't have to be at one team) for 3 full seasons between the ages of 15 and 21 to count as home grown.

It will be interesting to see how they cope with the rules.

As I have commented on before ....thanks to Rab and our stupid Board and Owners , most of the income from player sales will have to spent on the gigantic saleries of Naishit, Jarvis and Rusty Markin for another season . Those 3 are making themselves multi millionaires out of our club while we all suffer and pay heavily for it