Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm | Page 28 | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm

Terrible display. No shape. No defence. No midfield, no support to Ings. Their keeper hardly touched the ball. Good goal from McGinn.

3-2 shows an improvement 2nd half.
Doesn't look as bad and helps with confidence.
Bailey in from the start, Watkins back, Emi on the right (although I do like Bert) and it'll get better.

Let us see how he does without Jack this season which will be his true test.
Indeed. I’m not blindly saying he’s some sort of messiah and clearly SJM is a huge reason we are where we are. I just think DS still made some great signings around him and gave him the platform to perform. I think he deserves a lot of respect for where he’s taken us. Moving forward though, like any manager he has to keep performing, and if he doesn’t then we know the outcome. Can he perform without SJG, let’s see (I think and certainly hope he can).

3-2 flattered us. Shocked at how unfit we looked to be honest. Also massively under prepared. We went into this with no plan at all. Unacceptable from both players and manager. Rotten result against a shite team.

We can't afford too many results like this against teams like Watford this season, that's for sure.