Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm | Page 9 | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm

I found myself living in Watford for a year after going to uni in London.
True story.
I left there under a bit of cloud but that’s a long story:wub::whist:

Shit to get in and out of.

Well here we are. 3 months of relatively stress free Villa stuff is over and now got 9 moths of trials , tribulations, stress , nerves, horrible lows and fantastic highs ahead.

First game on the road since that terrible night at Leicester so got to hope today will be better than that.

So interesting to see how we set up with formation etc and also have to adapt to a new way of playing without he who shan't be named. Think we will have too much for Watford though.

Can't beat the claret and blue army on the road though.

COME ON YOU LIONS.

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:
Enjoy the day sirdennis, and a safe trip to you and all others who are privileged to be going.

True story.

Yes, used to have to go to a few meetings there. Another true story. Not the best not the worst is how I'd sum up the area... leaning more towards not the best!

True story.

I lived in London for a few years but the only time I'd see Watford is on the train going into or out of London. Looked like a complete and utter shithole to me.

Watford had the highest points from home games in the football league last season according to sky sports. It’s one of those you go out for a win, but a draw is not a bad result. Marathon not a sprint this league malarkey.

I think it’s important we keep the scoreboard turning over this season, if we lose a couple on trot, the confidence will just go. Draws away from home are OK, plenty of three points’ available on the road when things settle down.

Newly promoted clubs often seem to cause a few upsets early on in the season so not a given that we’ll get 3pts and as Dan suggests above their home form last season was excellent. They won 9 home games in a row at the end of the season! So a draw wouldn’t be a bad result at all….but it’s the kind of game, given our squad that we really should be looking to take all 3 from. COYVB……:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

Just shows how our preseason has been all over the place. Surprised to see El Ghazi. Looking at that Bench makes you realise even with the money spent we lack depth with a couple out.