Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm | Page 7 | Vital Football

Watford v Aston Villa Official Match Thread - Sat 14th - 3pm

The Guardian Preview -
Aston Villa will be keen to scale even greater heights this season and a trip to Watford could allow an easy road to doing exactly that. Dean Smith’s rock-solid defence will be on hand to shutdown attacking threats as per usual but with Jack Grealish gone, Leon Bailey isolating, Douglas Luiz not back from Olympic duty and Emi Buendía and Ollie Watkins doubtful, Villa look more than a little threadbare across the rest of the pitch. The evergreen but non-threatening Ashley Young’s presence on the wing says it all regarding what might prove a sluggish start at Vicarage Road.
"Evergreen but non-threatening"???? Did this twat swallow a thesaurus?

I'd be a little worried about twitter spats with fans... but I could be proud of Mings as the captain of our club

He's the right choice

Absolutely, if he’s captain he’ll need to keep a calm head whether things are going well or badly. He deserves it and I think he could be great, I also think it will improve him. But if things take a turn I can see him trying to take on 400k fans on Twitter

i think it would take Mings up another level, mature him even more. He is the leader on the pitch anyway so just confirm it with an armband
You could be right Silhil. I certainly hope so! He really is the choice imo, and if it takes him to a new level then that back 5 is unbelievable.