Was away last week and failed to mention | Vital Football

Was away last week and failed to mention

89spartans_12/03/77

Vital Squad Member
As a wee lad of about 6 or 7. My friends and I had the fortune to find £4 in notes. Back then this was quite a haul and we went on a spending spree which included buying a leather footy with laces from the toy shop where hairflare later was opposite the blue anchor.
With money still to spend and the day nearly ended. Some bright spark suggested we go down to sincil bank and watch City.
The visitors were barrow. It was a 2-2 draw and we were stood in the Clan.
I believe my first ever City game.

89spartans_12/03/77 - 24/12/2015 15:15

As a wee lad of about 6 or 7. My friends and I had the fortune to find £4 in notes. Back then this was quite a haul and we went on a spending spree which included buying a leather footy with laces from the toy shop where hairflare later was opposite the blue anchor.
With money still to spend and the day nearly ended. Some bright spark suggested we go down to sincil bank and watch City.
The visitors were barrow. It was a 2-2 draw and we were stood in the Clan.
I believe my first ever City game.

What year would that have been ?

I'll never forget the day, many years ago, when my mam lost her purse with exactly 4 £1 notes in it.

We never did find out where it went, until...

I remember being on my way to a game against Barrow once and some rotten sod picked my pocket. £4 gone in one go. So I ended up not only missing the match, but also having to walk the 43 miles home afterwards.

Scotimp - 25/12/2015 15:25

I remember being on my way to a game against Barrow once and some rotten sod picked my pocket. £4 gone in one go. So I ended up not only missing the match, but also having to walk the 43 miles home afterwards.

That's funny, my mam said she had to walk about 43 miles home that day! I wonder what she'd been up to?