Wars in the middle East; | Page 4 | Vital Football

Wars in the middle East;

The Kurds are talking about creating a corridor to the Med to enhance their new state. Turkey is going to be extremely opposed to this. The US sees the Kurds as a key ally in their war on ISIS.

This doesn't look good.

Just at the time Turkey is turning away from being more secular than many/most Muslim countries as well.

Happy Days BB...

Interesting read here on arms sales to the Middle East.

Arms sales to Saudi Arabia is not just an American thing, bulk of the British and French defence apparatus end up in the middle east. In 2015, the year that the Saudis started bombing Yemen, 83% of total British arms sales went to Saudi Arabia worth 900 million Sterling Pounds. UK’s arms sales have exponentially increased over the last five years to the Middle East, UAE, Qatar and Egypt were the main recipients apart from the Saudis.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Arms-Sales-and-Global-Conflicts-131108.html#sthash.lh7if72l.dpuf

Faded pictures of the dead line the walls outside what once was this battered city’s grandest reception hall.

At least 140 people perished here in the Yemeni capital last fall when a Saudi Arabian-led military coalition carried out a pair of airstrikes on a funeral. Human rights groups labeled the attack a possible war crime and said the bombs used were manufactured in the United States.

The attack, one of the deadliest for civilians in the coalition’s relentless air war against Iranian-backed rebels in Yemen, helped persuade the Obama administration in December to block the sale of precision-guided munitions to the Saudi military until it addresses problems with its targeting.

But the hold was lifted last month, when President Trump announced a $110-billion package of proposed military sales to the kingdom, part of an effort to shore up a regional alliance against a resurgent Iran.

The decision has left many among Yemen’s increasingly desperate population feeling abandoned and betrayed.

“There is nothing in this world that I hate more than Americans,” Ali Mohammed Murshed, a 32-year-old delivery man in Sana, said as he paused to take in the reception hall’s charred and mangled frame on his way to visit a friend.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-yemen-us-arms-2017-story.html

Yeah,the only argument I've seen in defense of this irony is that if we didn't sell them someone else would.

Not a great defense is it?

And is it any wonder we keep the Saudi's etc so close when they spend so much?

No hypocrisy at all.

More good news out of the paradise that is modern Iraq:

British troops breached the Geneva conventions and subjected Iraqi civilians to cruel and inhuman treatment by hooding them and taking turns to run over their backs, the high court has ruled.

Furthermore, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) breached the conventions as well as the 1998 Human Rights Act in the way in which it detained civilians after the 2003 invasion, the court concluded on Thursday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/14/british-troops-breached-geneva-conventions-in-iraq-high-court-rules

There have always been wars, hatred, etc... it is just more reported now. So yes, I would assume there have been far worse times.

The Fear - 14/12/2017 23:30

There have always been wars, hatred, etc... it is just more reported now. So yes, I would assume there have been far worse times.

I'm watching a YouTube series called The Great War at the moment. It's fascinating but horrific stuff. What those people endured is unbelievable.

Still, no excuse for human rights abuses by British soldiers these days.

I was more concerned with a modern take, and also the necessity of this particular War. The Great War and WWII were necessary in their era, but everything since seems be us meddling in areas we shouldn't.

I don't think we really want to go down the route of being as bad as our enemies, either. If we are World peacekeepers, then we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard. Having said that, I was brought up near Whittington Barracks, and the squaddies I saw weren't the brightest buttons in the box, and you can see why these stories do happen.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has revealed what he says are "secret nuclear files" proving Iran once covertly pursued nuclear weapons.

He said thousands of pages of material obtained by Israel showed Iran had deceived the world by denying it had ever sought nuclear weapons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43952196

Check out the video on the link - it's hilarious. Exactly the kind of charade I would expect Trump to pull.

Oh God, this is a connundrum.

Trump or Netanyahu.......

I'm siding with the Israeli's here simply because like the Russians they don't mind conducting assasinations.

Gulp....Trump would just dribble and try and grab my pussy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43952196

Check out the video on the link - it's hilarious. Exactly the kind of charade I would expect Trump to pull.

Most of it dates from before the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action was adopted, and the rest was already known.

Still, the fact it was made in English, and timed for Primetime US TV time, tells us all we need to know. And it worked. Trump watched it.

So the Israelis are making a big thing of the perceived nuclear threat from Iran. Has this anything to do with with the fact that the number one priority of Iran's foreign policy was, until quite recently, the destruction of the State of Israel? I think it was Amedinjad who said that Israel was a cancer that needed to be cut out of the Middle East.

Last edited:
I must admit I think the Kurds get a raw deal first of all Sadam tries to gas thousands of them. Then they go to war on ISIS with the thanks and cooperation of the western allies. Then Turkey invade part of Syria to wipe them out there if this was any where else in the world it would be called ethnic cleansing whats up arent we allowed to call Turkey out
on this? I am aware that their is a problem for Turkey with the PPK. Which is guilty of terror tactics in Turkey but what they are doing in Syria is for me just adding to already difficult situation and yet the USA and others stand by watching their so called allies being wiped out. As they say I dont have a dog in this race just a bit puzzled as to why its being ignored by the so called super powers.