Warnock...what’s the secret? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Warnock...what’s the secret?

WRT Redbasie, the thing about historical attendances is a red herring. This argument rages in Glasgee where Rangers fans point to their British record attendance of around 118,000 as 'proof' that they are bigger than Celtoc with 'only' 85,000, despite these matches being nearly a century ago. However, (no googling y'all), which club, based on historical record attendances, are the second biggest in UK? Anyone without my family-driven knowledge of the niche just needs to think logically

I think the whole ‘big club’ issue may be judged by some sort of sensible conclusion that is reached by considering an equation of such factors as history, tradition, past and current achievements, fan base, stadium facilities/capacity, future potential.
That though is not the point. The ‘debate’ is, or was, about what makes Warnock so successful. That debate has now been totally derailed, yet again, by Basie jumping on the irrelevant notion that Notts County are a ‘big club’.
They simply aren’t...that isn’t being disrespectful but they feature amongst the also rans like Carlisle, Bristol City, Oldham Athletic, Barnsley, Swindon Town, Oxford United and Bradford City...all of whom I can remember, along with Notts County, in the top flight, all of whom are worthy and respected clubs, but none of whom can be described as ‘big clubs’.

Back On Topic. Good at exploiting players strengths rather than improving weaknesses. I've always seen that as pretty obvious

I was amiss omitting Villa (my nephew would not be happy at my doing that), Lots of Cups, a couple of Leagues and a European Cup when they were in vogue....... ;) there are, apparently some clubs who won 2 of them...... :)

Wimbledon don't have any history though.:throw:

What about the FA Cup win....................first ever penalty save in a cup final by Beasant................. the crazy gang, etc.................

There is no way to quantify what a big club is unless you specify the criteria used to make the calculations..........I have posted this on more than one occasion so I suggest you agree to disagree :yes:

If as Basie says attendences make Notts a big club because they had a one off 40 odd thousand Surely a fairer would be a club's highest ever average gate in a season Derby 35,900 in 1970 Notts County 35,176 in 1950 Forest 32,715 in 1968

Latest Rams News