Warne 'My Overall Emotion Is Pride' | Vital Football

Warne 'My Overall Emotion Is Pride'

I thought that Smith should've won a couple of headers tonight sixpence and he really should have scored with that "sitter" that he missed but it's hard to criticise anyone on tonight's performance. They all played their part in a game that will be remembered for many, many years to come. It will go down as the "drone" game I suppose, ha-ha. Another player who's yet to rediscover last season's form is Crooks. I was expecting big things from him this season but after his injury he's not been the same player. At the moment though it's hard to see who would step aside to make room for him, they're all playing so well, and long may it continue.

I was disappointed with Smith from around Christmas last year and he doesn't seem to have improved, in my eyes, a great deal.

Crooks has disappointed me this season so far - he plays like he's got the whole world on his shoulders.

My biggest criticism of Smith yesterday was his lack of running! The many loose balls he didn’t go for.

Crooks, doesn’t look ‘happy’ as you say Caz. Last season he was definitely one of our best players and I was worried when it was thought other clubs might be interested in him cos I expected great things from him as a championship player. I’d love to know why that’s not happening?

Forest came in for him apparently but I don't know who turned who down as regards did Crooks want to stop with us or did Forest not offer enough?

I don't know what's wrong with him but whatever it is I hope it soon passes as I think we are going to need his strength this season.

Crooks , when on form, is a key player for us. Don't know what the problem is at the moment - could be injury, depression, other stuff we don't know about. Just hoping that he is back to his normal self soon. (He was in the PFA L1 " Team of the year" for last season)