Warm weather training! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Warm weather training!

The lad was worth it and it was proven when another club snapped him up, we lost a good player, i suppose your happy for us to get taken to the cleaners with the contracts and fees paid for Windass and that clown Naismith? Because that is exactly what happened with those two with their selling clubs, i think you've been on the Bong before you wrote that shite!

Latics have a transfer budget & a wage structure to ensure the long term survival off the club and shouldn't break that or their valuations for any player
That's basic common sense to avoid us ending up like so many other clubs
In that instance either the fee they wanted or how it was structured was beyond what Latics were prepared or able to go to - just coz he turned out to be a good player doesn't mean Latics should have gone beyond that. There are plenty of other players who fall into that bracket and it doesn't mean we should sign them either.

If Windass & Naismith fall into Latics price range then so be it. I'd prefer better players but I don't want the club to spend money it doesn't have coz I want a club to be able to support rather than one that's gone tits up coz they pushed the boat out for good players with money they didn't have
It's called common sense & nowt to do with any substances I may or may not have inhaled!!

Hearts were asking £1m for the full back in question and stuck to their guns, our opening bid was 700k we eventually went back with a 900k offer and had that rejected, within a couple of days another club came in with the £1m and off he went.....Quibbling over 100k.

The club sent our squad of players to Spain for warm weather training only weeks before, yet losing out on a bloody good full back for the sake of 100k. :arrghh:

Latics have a transfer budget & a wage structure to ensure the long term survival off the club and shouldn't break that or their valuations for any player
That's basic common sense to avoid us ending up like so many other clubs
In that instance either the fee they wanted or how it was structured was beyond what Latics were prepared or able to go to - just coz he turned out to be a good player doesn't mean Latics should have gone beyond that. There are plenty of other players who fall into that bracket and it doesn't mean we should sign them either.

If Windass & Naismith fall into Latics price range then so be it. I'd prefer better players but I don't want the club to spend money it doesn't have coz I want a club to be able to support rather than one that's gone tits up coz they pushed the boat out for good players with money they didn't have
It's called common sense & nowt to do with any substances I may or may not have inhaled!!
We need to sign players with a sell on value bit like north end do its all about scouting a thing we dont do right We pay over the odds for a lad from Peterboro

Hearts were asking £1m for the full back in question and stuck to their guns, our opening bid was 700k we eventually went back with a 900k offer and had that rejected, within a couple of days another club came in with the £1m and off he went.....Quibbling over 100k.

The club sent our squad of players to Spain for warm weather training only weeks before, yet losing out on a bloody good full back for the sake of 100k. :arrghh:

And you know all that how ?

You don't even know the name of the player.

We had just been relegated to the third tier, he signed for a team that went on to be promoted to the Premier League I think that had far more bearing on any deal than the crap you are posting.

And you know all that how ?

You don't even know the name of the player.

We had just been relegated to the third tier, he signed for a team that went on to be promoted to the Premier League I think that had far more bearing on any deal than the crap you are posting.

Do your homework before you come gobbing off on here! :finger:

What homework, the crap you claim is fact, I ask you again, how do you know what transpired, you cannot even say his name ?

I think you are both incorrect.
As a Championship club in Aug 2016 we offered a second bid of £700k for Callum Patterson.
But he stayed at Hearts where he suffered a bad injury.
He only signed for Cardiff in 2017.

Callum Paterson: Hearts reject new Wigan bid for full-back - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37181276

Callum Paterson: Cardiff City sign Scotland defender from Hearts on three-year deal - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40189922

It's the same negativity you came out with most of last season at matches. You would have been quite happy seeing Cook fired off around Christmas and you were blue in the face with rage at happy clappers leaving when we shut up shop and played for a draw who were contented. You were even more blue in the face with rage at Cooks negative football for months. Have you forgotten how dire it was? Two players you would have kept from last season Powell and James were your wishes.

Being pissed off with performances, tactics and losing matches is a bit different than moaning about absolutely anything the club as whole does.
I criticised the performances when they were poor and the tactics when they were wrong, but at least when the club or team do get it right I heap praise on them, and don't have a go at every trivial little thing.

I wasn't sure of the full facts of the proposed deal Sid nor the actual timeframe, but I did know his name and knew the stuff this tool posted is just as nonsensical as what he posted when he was grip.

I think you are both incorrect.
As a Championship club in Aug 2016 we offered a second bid of £700k for Callum Patterson.
But he stayed at Hearts where he suffered a bad injury.
He only signed for Cardiff in 2017.

Callum Paterson: Hearts reject new Wigan bid for full-back - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37181276

Callum Paterson: Cardiff City sign Scotland defender from Hearts on three-year deal - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40189922

I'm sure we went back in with a 900k bid and had it rejected, i remember posting on another site that we were prepared to lose a good full back for the sake of 100k.

The bids for the player was before he got injured obviously, we where a Championship club then just like Cardiff.

I wasn't sure of the full facts of the proposed deal Sid nor the actual timeframe, but I did know his name and knew the stuff this tool posted is just as nonsensical as what he posted when he was grip.

Told you to do your homework, you never fail to make yourself look silly do you? :slap:

I'm sure we went back in with a 900k bid and had it rejected, i remember posting on another site that we were prepared to lose a good full back for the sake of 100k.

The bids for the player was before he got injured obviously, we where a Championship club then just like Cardiff.

It was rumoured that we put in a 3rd bid in on transfer deadline day in Aug 2016 but still didn't meet Hearts £1m, I'm guessing our offer was full of add-ons.
As he then ran his contract down coupled with a long term injury they also lost out.

Discussions about the bids only but what about his salary? Maybe we couldn't afford it too.

Being pissed off with performances, tactics and losing matches is a bit different than moaning about absolutely anything the club as whole does.
I criticised the performances when they were poor and the tactics when they were wrong, but at least when the club or team do get it right I heap praise on them, and don't have a go at every trivial little thing.
So you do, same as me. Depends how one measures trivial.

That's what you think happened, because someone with no direct knowledge of the dealings reported it, so it must be true.
We have no idea of the true goings on in transfer talks, there may well have been other factors involved or personalities involved.
Truth is we don't know and you can only speculate

That's what you think happened, because someone with no direct knowledge of the dealings reported it, so it must be true.
We have no idea of the true goings on in transfer talks, there may well have been other factors involved or personalities involved.
Truth is we don't know and you can only speculate

Well thats where you are wrong bro, Paul Kendrick reported it on Wigan Today, i'm sure Kendo has direct knowledge with the club. :yes:

So you do, same as me. Depends how one measures trivial.

Here are a few of your favourites, there are probably many more that I haven't mentioned, but its a start.

Warm weather training
Paul cooks drinking buddies
Amount of backroom staff
Use of ipads
Matchday prices
South Stand ticket office being closed
Charging a fee for buying online tickets
Lack of club promotion
Noisy tannoy
Having to queue for tickets
No pay on turnstile in East Stand
No partial season tickets
No full allocations for away spectators
Announcing attendances including season tickets
In match drink breaks
Paul Cooks voice
Picking and signing his mates
Lack of information regarding injuries, signings and other club info
Marketing

Most of these are trivial and ones that you mention on most match days, and that's before you start on team selection, tactics, performances and results.
I know you care massively about the Latics, but a bit more positivity wouldn't go amiss this coming season.

Last edited:
Here are a few of your favourites, there are probably many more that I haven't mentioned, but its a start.

Warm weather training
Amount of backroom staff
Use of ipads
Matchday prices
Lack of club promotion
Noisy tannoy
In match drink breaks
Paul Cooks voice

Most of these are trivial and ones that you mention on most match days, and that's before you start on team selection, tactics, performances and results.
I know you care massively about the Latics, but a bit more positivity wouldn't go amiss this coming season.

Brilliant.

Warm weather training
Amount of backroom staff
Use of ipads
Matchday prices
Lack of club promotion
Noisy tannoy
In match drink breaks
Paul Cooks voice

Well a positive move would be sort out some of that fucking shite you mentioned and the match day experience would certainly be enhanced. You must agree because you moan about all those things yourself.

Also my recollection