warm weather training | Vital Football

warm weather training

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
Tuckster has already written a good article on home page about the players all going to abu dhabi for warm weather training and a break before playing last 12 games. He has argued a technical case for this and also correctly indicating that we cannot compare our humble selves with the life of a premier league footballer.
HOWEVER I am not very happy ( as you may have guessed ).
Having suffered watching the last 4 home games where we have lost 3 drawn 1 and conceded 12 goals and now forked out over £ 500 for a season ticket and in order to see all home and several away games not had a days holiday in 19 months.

We cannot compare ourselves to the ridiculous out of touch world that premier league players live in BUT I really do not think that rewarding failure works. A week of bonding in Scotland would have been fine.

Couldnt agree more .( chosen inner sanctum snide comment) . Take em all to an inside 5 a side football pitch , turn the heating full on and teach them how to play football . That should warm them up a bit

At least they would be warm.
I cannot afford to turn my bleedin heating on during the day.

I would be very interested in knowing what this trip is going to cost and then seeing how many season tickets it took to pay for it.

This is absolutely typical of you two. If they had gone to Scotland and played 5 a side with the heating turned up you would undoubtedly claim the cheapskate board would not fund what many other premier league clubs consider normal at this time of year. They are not rewarding failure they are trying things to give us the best chance of staying up! I wish your glasses would be half full for a change. Please try and give a more balanced view once in a while.

If spending 2 days on a plane and 2 days recovering from flights out of the 12 days available before next game helps put in a great performance against Leicester, cuts out the basic errors over the past few weeks and provides us with a win so desperately needed I will be the first person to
admit it has been worth the thousands spent.

Balanced views work for school essays.
In the real world people have different views and argue the case they strongly believe in.
I totally disagree with happy clappy sue who has posted on tucksters article on main site and has opinions that are totally opposite to me but understand that many fans think that just being in premier league and not doing the absolute best to stay their long term is acceptable.
Sadly the board have that idea too and the happy clappers play right into their hands.

I will be the second person to admit same should we do what is needed at Leicester. One point, they won't be queuing up at Stansted so the travelling will be far less tiring than what us normal people have to endure. Probably a private jet from Norwich.

I agree with DG and YB.

How about this for an idea. Stay in Norwich where we supposedly already have state of the art training facilities, and where the climate is similar to Leicester at this time of year. Instead of paying for a nice trip abroad, how about the club offering to pay for fans tickets and travel to Leicester?

We haven't been on holiday for two years me and the Mrs, though we could have gone on a pretty damn good one if we hadn't spent a fortune following Norwich this season. People must surely understand this is why fans get pissed off when they here this kind of news.

Here is a snippet to get DG steaming . I heard a whisper that the boys are staying at the 5 star luxury Yas Viceroy Hotel in Abu Dabi , nice and near the coast and beach for fun playtime . Basic rooms (I am sure NC went for the cheapest option of course) are 749AED per night . Now that didnt mean alot to me as I can usually only afford a week in a caravan in Clacton , but it equates to £141 a night . That price doesnt include food, so I assume the Club are having to pay top wack for footballers special diets . Add to that the cost of the flights for say 50 people (the squad ,management team , medical staff and various hangers on )and you can start to guess at the cost of this ill timed and grossly offensive jaunt to the seaside and fun

Just to cheer yourself up on this bitterly cold winters day , why not pop over to google and search for the Yas Viceroy and look at the oppulence that our heroes are living in right now . I am sure you will feel better .

Got your calculator ready DG ? I have given the cost per person at the luxury hotel *.An investigation into special diets there , and air fares for the whole sorry lot of them can be roughly worked out to give a grand total for us adoring fans

*On my football weekends if I need a hotel I stay in some downtown Travelodge for £29 a night

:posh:

I have just come back from a 5 hour external survey of a school
without being offered a cuppa so luckily I took a flask of black tea to keep me warm so my hands could actually hold tape firmly and write down all the measurements.

Oddly enough during my 7 year course I was not offered a free trip to warmer climes so I could practice surveying in winter.

Northern. We have also been without holiday for 2 years and the cost of 2 ST 's and say 12 away games would have paid for renting a villa in south of france for 2 weeks.

I am a bit worried about our heroes . Weather forecast is for 30 degree temperatures in Abu Dabi next week . Dont want our boys running out at Leicester with a touch of sunstroke or sunburn . I can only pray that they all remembered to pack their factor 10s

It's not so much the tempreture that's the problem but the humidity level. You can get 30 degrees in a dry heat, such as Las Vegas, Darwin and I suspect the Arab states as they're close to the equator or 30 degrees with high humidity.

We've had 30 to 35 degree days here all this week with a high humidity and 30 during the night and its the humidity that drains you as your bodys cooling system fights the high temperature humidity.

That said, it would be a nice respite from the cold for the players but then they have to come back to cold weather and the cold can feel that more colder. Not sure if this would mentally make you more sluggish initially, which is not what we want as we generally start slow in most games.

I just cant wait to get to Leicester next week to watch our re-invigorated boys ,who havent had to listen to us nasty fans spitting vitriol at them , glide past Vardy and co. like they wasn't there .

<p>I am warm now due to very good malt which I am now drinking as&nbsp;</p><p>opened my birthday present 1 minute into the day. :grin: &nbsp;</p>