Warburton job hunt | Page 2 | Vital Football

Warburton job hunt

Montanier is Frances U20 coach. Clotterball went to coach at QPR before ruining Bristol then Birmingham. Yawn O'Driscoll did some coaching then also went to Bristol for a meltdown. Freedman is Sporting Director at Palace. Pearce has just finished at Wham, Schteve resigned and went back to Twente. They all had sabbaticals, but none as long as the wee bastart

Does sort of show that we have been just as bad at hiring managers as we have at keeping them.

You would have thought with all the attempts we have made in recent years we would have got one right!

I beg to differ. He did alright with Roslers Brentford. He ended up being told his contract wouldnt be renewed after falling out with the owner and vetoing every single transfer target in the January window. He then went to Rangers and was shit. He came to us and did naff all except buy a load of shit. Hes now unemployed. Hes not a good manager

His record at Brentford was better than alright. His win ratio there was 51%, the highest of any Brenford manager. His role then suffered board /owner interference. At Rangers he got them promoted and had a 65% win ratio. Forest were either winning or losing under MW and the defending was poor. But his points haul here (for a comparable number of games) was actually better than Karanka's (we were 14th when he was sacked, remember). I agree some of his signings were poor, but Dowell, Darikwa and Bridcutt were successful, to different degrees. Also, I truly believe there is a player in McKay and I hope AK works with him. Opinions......

As I say, he did vwell with Roslers Brentford.

Rangers in the Championship was a joke. It was like sticking Man City in League One next season and applauding the manager for getting them out of it. The Scottish Championship is awful. Dowell, Darikwa and Bridcutt; Dowell did well in patches. He scored 9 goals but even under Warburton, fans were questioning why he wasnt dropped in patches of 4-5 games when he did nothing. Darikwa looked like the biggest waste of 2 million pounds we have seen for some time. He looked shocking. In fact hes only looked good under Karanka, and thats for approx 4 games. Bridcutt - see Darikwa.

McKay? Even Warburton dropped him

I agree with apollyon. he took on a team built by rosler at Brentford...all their successful players were bought by rosler who said at the time he had full control of all transfers.

he then went to rangers, where anyone could have got them promoted..he did , but fans there still slated him.

its last chance for him at his next club. he talks a great game and has great PR but it wears thin very quickly.

he wanted to sign the likes of conor Mahoney, Michael hector. Mahoney couldn't get in the Barnsley side on loan and hector was dropped by hull. his recruitment is shocking.