Walt & Pompey to the rescue..... | Vital Football

Walt & Pompey to the rescue.....

Fevvers

Vital Reserves Team
You guys have been a great help in the recent past with my coming to grips with this Vital Spurs conundrum. Again I need help, if you're willing.
There's a couple of odd things happening; not significantly concerning but do have me asking "why".
1) My identity box (don't know what these things are called) are appearing attached to the poster's ID box; Why?
2) The base line of my posts no longer contains "like" and now include "edit"; Why?
All looks a bit covert. Am I being tracked or have I - as a computer illiterate - committed my usual sin of clicking the wrong thing somehow?
Can u guys help? As I said, not significantly concerning but does raise a question mark.
Cheers....

You guys have been a great help in the recent past with my coming to grips with this Vital Spurs conundrum. Again I need help, if you're willing.
There's a couple of odd things happening; not significantly concerning but do have me asking "why".
1) My identity box (don't know what these things are called) are appearing attached to the poster's ID box; Why?
2) The base line of my posts no longer contains "like" and now include "edit"; Why?
All looks a bit covert. Am I being tracked or have I - as a computer illiterate - committed my usual sin of clicking the wrong thing somehow?
Can u guys help? As I said, not significantly concerning but does raise a question mark.
Cheers....

You dont seriously think Walthy and Pomp ARE computer literate do you ha ha

Seriously you should send issues by private mail to the mods mate..they have access to people who maintain the site.

Fevvers . Sounds like the CIA are on to you .
Whatever you do , don’t let them see you are on to them . Act normally , but keep checking your rear view mirror , so to speak .
It sounds like you have a virus , you have to realise that Mourhino has lots of friends in high places , and you have been saying a lot of nasty things about him lately .
I think you have a touch of the ‘Oxton ‘ Orror .
it’s a nasty piece of work , and means that you can’t like anybody , any more , except him .
Also the avatar , your “identity “ has been doubled up to hide all manner of horrible things .

He did the same thing to Dele alli.
there is no hope mate. Only levy can save you now.

can you take a screen shot and post it on here .
I know you can’t “like” your own posts , and I’m not sure what the avatar thing is all about .
Try rebooting whatever you use to post on here . I use an I phone , so I would turn my phone off and turn it on again .
Spurs eagle is good at this sort of thing .
Ex and 80 are the go to blokes though

Cheers....

To be honest, you've lost me!

I'll kick upstairs to fear (site owner), maybe he can help !?

Yeah Fevvers I thought I was hacked a while ago and it was a self inflicted screw up.

I doubt there is a problem. What browser are you using?

Thanks guys, it's all starting to make sense now. The 2 points I raised resulted from my being too long in the colonies, blinded by the sun, bushfire smoke and roo's bounding past my windows and before someone asks, no! I don't chase sheep, thats NZ'ers.
However, I would still like to know why my avatar (thanks Walt) gets attached to the originator's avatar when I log onto a thread. Just occurred to me; is that so that I can track where I've been? All a bloody mystery to me....

Thanks guys, it's all starting to make sense now. The 2 points I raised resulted from my being too long in the colonies, blinded by the sun, bushfire smoke and roo's bounding past my windows and before someone asks, no! I don't chase sheep, thats NZ'ers.
However, I would still like to know why my avatar (thanks Walt) gets attached to the originator's avatar when I log onto a thread. Just occurred to me; is that so that I can track where I've been? All a bloody mystery to me....
Can you do a screen shot of what you are getting Fevvers .?
It sounds kind of weird .
You get two Avatars ?
So now you are seeing your avatar , and mine next to it ?
Or is it when you reply to a post , you get two avatars . ?
That isn’t right , , you should just have the original post , then a [/Quote ] , then you just add your comment .
has this been happening long ? .
I thought you were in the Caribbean, are you in NZ ? ... Oz ? Do you know Kiwi or Hod ?

Can you do a screen shot of what you are getting Fevvers .?
It sounds kind of weird .
You get two Avatars ?
So now you are seeing your avatar , and mine next to it ?
Or is it when you reply to a post , you get two avatars . ?
That isn’t right , , you should just have the original post , then a [/Quote ] , then you just add your comment .
has this been happening long ? .
I thought you were in the Caribbean, are you in NZ ? ... Oz ? Do you know Kiwi or Hod ?

Hey Walt, yr a determined bugger ait ya! I admire yr tenacity.
So here I go. The page below shows my minitureised avatar interlocked with the "theader.s" avatar.
I now know why/when it 'appens. When I "reply" to a post, that's when my avatar (I love using that word) appears interlocked with the originators avatar (there, I did it again).
Here's a footnote for u; I had to phone No.1 son to ask how to screen print. Long distance call, he works in China.
To answer yr question, I am in the worlds cricketin' capital - Australia. I do not know Hod or Kiwi. Hod lives in/near Brisbane (Queensland), I'm about 1,120km south in NSW ( New South Wales).

1612513624875.png

Hey Walt, yr a determined bugger ait ya! I admire yr tenacity.
So here I go. The page below shows my minitureised avatar interlocked with the "theader.s" avatar.
I now know why/when it 'appens. When I "reply" to a post, that's when my avatar (I love using that word) appears interlocked with the originators avatar (there, I did it again).
Here's a footnote for u; I had to phone No.1 son to ask how to screen print. Long distance call, he works in China.
To answer yr question, I am in the worlds cricketin' capital - Australia. I do not know Hod or Kiwi. Hod lives in/near Brisbane (Queensland), I'm about 1,120km south in NSW ( New South Wales).
Fevvers, what you can see is normal .
it just shows you what theeads you have replied to .
If your Avavtar isn’t overlapped then you haven’t posted on that thread .
Try it . Pick a thread where your avatar isnt , showing showing , post on it , and your miniature avatar will appear on the front page .
For instance , I can see you haven’t posted on the man of the match v Chelsea thread .
I don’t blame you !
Go on there , post something . Give it a minute or so .......... ta dah !
Also on your avatar , there is sometimes a tiny green triangle in the top left hand corner . Now , there is a simple explanation for that , but if I tell you , I will have to hunt you down and ............... . I haven’t got a clue what that is . Maybe someone will help me out .

How come you don’t know Hod , :wahey:.

That was a joke . .....,
Thanks for appeasing me . I’m happy to help . Anyone that has walked along Palmerston Road is like a brother to me .
Rest easy mate , you haven’t got a touch of the Oxton Orrors .

View attachment 45871

Maybe I should have read ALL your post , before I answered ........ I read it too late , to notice that you already new what the point of your thread was .
Oh well , I enjoyed our little chat . :rofl::acid: