WAFC v SAFC | Vital Football

WAFC v SAFC

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
Latics will monitor forward Callum Lang in the next 24 hours ahead of a potential return to action on Tuesday evening after he missed Saturday's win at Doncaster Rovers. Lang suffered a head injury against Portsmouth on Easter Monday and missed Saturday's trip to Keepmoat Stadium as a precautionary measure.

Chris Merrie has returned to training, however Kyle Joseph, Tom Pearce, Gavin Massey and Scott Wootton remain sidelined.

Personally, after Saturday's performance, I'd stick with the same starting XI even if Lang is fit.
It would be great to get anything out of the game, but a (narrow) defeat won't be a disaster, our fate will be decided on other more winnable games.
I'll take a 0:0 draw but pray for a 1:0 win.

It would be great to get anything out of the game, but a (narrow) defeat won't be a disaster, our fate will be decided on other more winnable games.
I'll take a 0:0 draw but pray for a 1:0 win.

Cant believe our fans sometimes, satisfied with a narrow defeat or 0-0 draw before a ball is kicked, we should be going all out to win every game.

I hope Richardson and the players dont think the same as some of our fans.

Cant believe our fans sometimes, satisfied with a narrow defeat or 0-0 draw before a ball is kicked, we should be going all out to win every game.

Thanks for the predictable response T&C, you won me some Haribo, cheers pal (y)
Not sure how you equate my assertion that I'd take a 0:0 draw with me not wanting them to go all out for a win ? Of course I do.

Normally I'd agree but not this time. If we go "all out", leave bucketloads of space in behind and get pumped by five as we already have numerous times at home this season, the damage it'll do to our goal difference could very well be what relegates us come May.

Ten behind the ball in this one for me. Remain disciplined and play on the counter. Our defence need to grow some balls and stand up to a big physical striker for a change with that big bastard Charlie Wyke playing for them.

Donny performance was superb. Let's hope it gives us the confidence to carry it through into this game too. That said, a point wouldn't be an awful result.

I wouldn't even mind getting murdered, yet coming away with a scabby, completely undeserved 1-0 win.

Up the staying up Tics.

Sunderland are coming into this off apparently a very disappointing performance at home last weekend and it sounds from the interviews that they are desperate to try and put it right with a better performance tonight. So unlike many of the top teams we've faced it doesn't sound like they will be too complacent, so we'll need to be on song tonight. Although it could be they are starting to bottle it at the final hurdle - that would be good!

We normally raise our game against the better sides so hopefully we'll that will be the case tonight rather than another Hull, but Sunderland have good delivery in McGeady and a real aerial threat in Wyke so our achilleas heel on giving free heads on crosses into the box is going to be tested for certain.

Even on the back of an excellent result at the weekend, we've rarely strung 2 good performances in a row, so I've got to be honest and say I'm really not confident tonight - i really fear that our weakness is their strength and they'll make the most of it. Hope they prove me wrong as a win tonight would be huge for our chances of staying up.

We must not give away soft free kicks in dangerous areas. Need to be in their faces from the off, but disciplined with it, particularly in our own half. Frustrate them, harass them, stifle them, then hit them, on the break at pace.

Tonight is all about the performance for me.

I can accept being beat by a better team, which the table says they are, but we need to see the same commitment and passion that we have seen in the last three games. We need to come off the pitch tonight knowing that we couldn't have done any better, regardless of the result and be prepared to take that into Saturdays more winnable game against Crewe.

Heart says 1-0 Tic's.

Head says 1-0 Sunderland.

Hope for 0-0 and a point.

My pre match fear unfortunately just happened.

How could we allow McGeady so much time and space to pick out his cross when we know what a threat that is and how bad we are at dealing with balls into the box from wide? It feels like no matter how many times it happens we don't ever learn or adapt our play to prevent it.