Vydra to Leeds? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Vydra to Leeds?

You may well have missed my post #17 on this as it appears we were typing simultaneously. I did some research (novel idea ;) ) on initial costs and hoe long their contracts were, done the amortisation and came up with a surprising figure.....

‘Amortisation!’ Good word...get you! I had to look it up.
It’s not the initial costs that bother me though...it remains...how to get rid of players that earn more at Derby doing nothing than they’re ever going to get elsewhere.
Together with...how bad for morale will it be and how difficult for a new manager to have the likes of Martin and Butterfield kicking their heels doing little - if indeed that is what they do - while earning two or three times what those making all the effort earn?
I may be being pessimistic but it’s not that unlikely a scenario.

Hark back to my first ever job rA. Trainee Accountant before moving to IT 18 months later. 30 years IT before teaching followed by 2 years of part time Recruiting.

I am banking on the big earners Lamps doesn't want being told they won't be playing and that they move on either on loan or sold because they would rather play elsewhere than train with the U23s or younger. We might end up still paying part of their wages but would offset that with any loan fee.

We can but hope.

What is saying that?
I read it on Derbyshire live. Saying he could move for a bargain £7million, We buy for £8million, he wins the golden boot, player of the year and players player of the year and we'll accept £7million, how can that be? I'm not 'avin it!!!

That would be the most ridiculous sale ever, even for Derby. Far more stupid than Hudds going for 600K

I read it on Derbyshire live. Saying he could move for a bargain £7million, We buy for £8million, he wins the golden boot, player of the year and players player of the year and we'll accept £7million, how can that be? I'm not 'avin it!!!
Shouldn't read the shite site if you are not prepared to be in fantasy land...............The reports utter garbage, as you say we paid over £1m more for Vydra than they reportedly are offering, and with a former Premiership side also now interested they would have the bargain of the century if we did sell at that price, but crazier things have happened at Derby before.
Guess we will just have to suck it and see.

Shouldn't read the shite site if you are not prepared to be in fantasy land...............The reports utter garbage, as you say we paid over £1m more for Vydra than they reportedly are offering, and with a former Premiership side also now interested they would have the bargain of the century if we did sell at that price, but crazier things have happened at Derby before.
Guess we will just have to suck it and see.
Although this may interest you...... http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/1...8m-for-james-maddison-would-further-highligh/

That's a lot of players to be rid off and such a short time to recruit their replacements and knock them into shape.:arrghh::rotfl:
Relax, Morris and Morris +Lampard = everything is already in place and moving just fine. Yes, we need to find new homes for ageing players but they are reasonable quality and may suit Burton, or other lower league clubs

Latest Rams News