Vydra to Leeds? | Vital Football

Vydra to Leeds?

ramAnag

Vital Reserves Team
That’s the rumour in the DT. Seems strange at every level.
Why would we sell the Championship’s top striker to our second most bitter rivals and, as is suggested, for a mere £10m?
Why would currently managerless Leeds be looking to spend major money - at our level - when they have no idea of who their new manager and their favoured formation will be?
Seems unlikely to me...not particularly opposed to Vydra being moved on, needs must and all that, but not at a knock down price to likely rivals.

I was thinking the same thing and the fee was pretty low at £12m unless Lampard fancies a change up front, but who are we going to get for anything below £6m?...........................think it is either agent talk or just simply cobblers.:shrug:

I was thinking the same thing and the fee was pretty low at £12m unless Lampard fancies a change up front, but who are we going to get for anything below £6m?...........................think it is either agent talk or just simply cobblers.:shrug:[/QUOT

Yes that's probably what it is cobblers These football writers have to get a story so they trawl around sites like this Find out who fans would like there club to sign and bingo for a story HITC are terrible for it So obvious what they are doing Same as RA says Leeds don't even have a manager yet so who is making the decision about who they sign

I still don't understand why we should sell DCFC player of the year, Players player of the year and winner of the golden golden. We have a gem in Vydra, I don't want us to sell but if we do it has to be for serious money. If he'd had this kind of a season for Villa or Wolves would anyone be able to buy him for less than £15million, I honestly don't think so. The thing thats wrong with Derby is we seem pay over the odds when buying and under value when selling! Time to change I think

I still don't understand why we should sell DCFC player of the year, Players player of the year and winner of the golden golden. We have a gem in Vydra, I don't want us to sell but if we do it has to be for serious money. If he'd had this kind of a season for Villa or Wolves would anyone be able to buy him for less than £15million, I honestly don't think so. The thing thats wrong with Derby is we seem pay over the odds when buying and under value when selling! Time to change I think

I’m not saying we should (or shouldn’t) MoP...but, a bit like Chris Martin, he fits a certain system which Lampard may or may not want to stick with. I also think Lawrence can play the same role, possibly even more effectively.
Totally agree with the second part though. We don’t seem to value what we have sometimes...agree that if he’d spent the season with Villa or Wolves people would be talking up the price and I’d be very reluctant to let him go for less than £12m.

If you look at the background, it would be surprising if we didn't get bids in for Vydra. Proven striker aged just 26, club player of the season, Golden Boot winner. Look how many club player of the season we have either bought or sold over the past 15 years. Player of the season will always interest other clubs. But Leeds? They don't even have a manager at the moment. Surely they won't move in the transfer market until they have a new guy in situ who can then set out his own targets to suit HIS style of play. I might be getting cynical in my old age but I take little to no notice of transfer rumour other than to think, yes he would fit, not in a million years, glad to see the back of him or why are we selling our best..... Last season was obvious IMO. Hughes and Ince didn't suit GRs plans and it was also time for Hughes to take a step up, unfortunately, without us. I will believe and get pleased or het up about incoming/outgoing when signed, sealed and delivered deals are posted on the DCFC OS.

This Alvarado lad as well. The only link seems to be him having his photo taken with Lamps when the lad was having a trial at Citeh...... Bah humbug ;)

Unfortunately, other clubs will be aware that we need to raise funds before the end of June for FFP. Likewise other clubs near their limit of FFP will not be able to buy before the end of June. This results in deflated prices.

Come July 1st, MM can take a gamble and fund some signings, on the understanding that if we fail to get promotion, sales will have to be made before the end of next June. FFP only applies on the final day of your accounts. In theory, you can buy Messi on the first of July, as long as you can sell him for a similar amount before the end of the next June. That's how I understand it anyway.

either him or other salable
Agree totally, we write off players like other teams change shirts, we need to play hardball with the newly promoted and lower Premier league clubs. Vydra is a very saleable commodity and should require a suitable fee to take him away from us.

Personally speaking, I would like to see us build around him, but if FFP demands we must sell him or any other players we can get a fee from..................but please no, to the likes of Leeds!

Still reckon he'll will come to Forest to link up with strike partners Marriott and Soudani.:utv::utv:

Last edited:
Are we not being a little pessimistic here? All we know for a fact is that GR was told there was little or no money to spend...... for him, at least. It could, indeed, be that we are sailing very close to FFP limits. It could just as easily be that MM has decided that he isn't going to throw much more at promotion. People are guessing rather than knowing. I for one don't know which it is. Proof of the pudding may well be if we do sell Vydra, how much he goes for. Less than £15M and we know we are dangerously close to FFP. I honestly think Lamps will be given SOME cash on top of anything he he gets in from sales/loans. We will end up with the squad we end up with and I will back them to the hilt and during a game I will be 100% behind them. I do, however, reserve the right to be critical of poor tactics, bad play etc. on here and elsewhere on Social Media.

Can someone, NOT Basie, please explain...do we have an FFP problem or not?
RB delights in suggesting we do, but he usually posts unfounded nonsense...then again Ram59, a tentative Bloomer and Roger, all of whom I do take notice of, also suggest we do while mista and ‘Amster suggest not.
I tend to think not ‘cos I can’t see Lampard and Co. signing up to a club with immediate financial woes...so do we or don’t we...and who’s right?

My concerns are more for the continued and sustained operating losses, rather than from any knowledge of an FFP position. However one tends to inform the other. When MM looks at his pockets and realises what needs to go into the Club annually to sustain just breakeven, you can understand a reluctance to keep pouring good money after bad.

FFP is quite possibly a red herring in my view: the point is will MM continue to punt £ 10m or so every year into an underperforming club? There comes a point where his free cash may become stressed - he may be worth a lot on paper by our standards, but that doesn't necessarily mean a lot in football club ownership terms. Nor does it mean that his resources are liquid: and DCFC goes through liquid funds like a knife through butter.

Yep, I totally ‘get’ all that Rog and understand completely where MM could well be coming from...don’t blame him either.
Is FFP an issue though and in any case, should we worry? Doesn’t seem to have applied to Wolves or QPR. Forest seem to be amongst the few to have been penalised and although they’re not really on my agenda it did seem a tad unfair.

I don't know if FFP (as in fines or penalties) is an additional issue, but I believe the club have said not. Given that we had a huge (by our standards) chunk of transfer fee income in last year's accounts (and that FFP is on a rolling 3 year cycle) I am inclined to think we be OK this year, but we will know if Vydra is sold with undignified haste on 29 June for less than we think he should be worth!!

Exactly the question I posed in my post. Are we in the mire or not, FFP-wise?

I have seen absolutely nowhere anything remotely official regarding us being in the FFP mire. It would be interesting to know where those who think we are actually got their information and how trustworthy it is.

Exactly the question I posed in my post. Are we in the mire or not, FFP-wise?

I have seen absolutely nowhere anything remotely official regarding us being in the FFP mire. It would be interesting to know where those who think we are actually got their information and how trustworthy it is.
Don't think we are anywhere near the FFP mire, as you put it. The only thing that has been said is that we can't keep going on spending how we have done. It is more a wages issue if anything rather than transfer fees, so I guess some of the older higher wage earners could be on their way, although that could apply to VYDRA.

Having player such as Shackell o the books didn't help our wage bill or FFP, so he was one of the first to go at the end of the season. Baird would also be on a decent wage as well, so big savings there.

Hopefully, if he isn't used, I hope Martin, Bryson, Fozzy, Huddlestone, Anya, Olsson, Nugent, Ledley, Blackman and Butterfield all to be sold or loaned out.

Don't think we are anywhere near the FFP mire, as you put it. The only thing that has been said is that we can't keep going on spending how we have done. It is more a wages issue if anything rather than transfer fees, so I guess some of the older higher wage earners could be on their way, although that could apply to VYDRA.

Having player such as Shackell o the books didn't help our wage bill or FFP, so he was one of the first to go at the end of the season. Baird would also be on a decent wage as well, so big savings there.

Hopefully, if he isn't used, I hope Martin, Bryson, Fozzy, Huddlestone, Anya, Olsson, Nugent, Ledley, Blackman and Butterfield all to be sold or loaned out.

That's a lot of players to be rid off and such a short time to recruit their replacements and knock them into shape.:arrghh::rotfl:

If you look at the various names Bloomer mentioned in post #16 in this thread and consider their probably book values (initial cost minus deprecaition) none of them are particularly high IMO

Martin came on a free so book value is zero
Bryson, 6 years on, another zero
Fozzy cost 150K 5 years ago, another zero
Huddlestone cost 2M on a 2 year (plus 1 option) so he'll be £1M
Anya, was he on a free? if so, zero
Olsson has 1 year left so that will leave about 1/4 of his initial fee in the accounts. No idea what he cost but his book value will be 1M max IMO
Nugent cost a reported 2.5M for 2.5 years. 1M left in the books
Ledley was on a free zo zero
Blackman had a 3.5 year contract, cost 3M that could rise to 4M with add ons which he doesn't look like reaching at DCFC. Around 2M left in the accounts for him.
Butterfield 1 year to go so 1.25M

That's 10 players with a total book value of £5.25M. I reckon we can get more than that for them. We might lose a bit of the extra through making up wage shortfalls but I don't think getting rid of them will be anything like as costly as many seem to believe and we could well end up on top financially.

Bit harsh on Huddleston, Bloomer. Put a mobile work horse alongside him and I still think he can give us another season.
Can’t disagree about the others but quite how they’re to be ‘moved on’ I still don’t know. All got another season long contract I think...wonder who was responsible for that?
Did you forget Thorne, do you want to keep him or have you just written him off?

Bit harsh on Huddleston, Bloomer. Put a mobile work horse alongside him and I still think he can give us another season.
Can’t disagree about the others but quite how they’re to be ‘moved on’ I still don’t know. All got another season long contract I think...wonder who was responsible for that?
Did you forget Thorne, do you want to keep him or have you just written him off?

You may well have missed my post #17 on this as it appears we were typing simultaneously. I did some research (novel idea ;) ) on initial costs and hoe long their contracts were, done the amortisation and came up with a surprising figure.....

Latest Rams News