Vuvuzelas? | Vital Football

Vuvuzelas?

Gills 58

Vital Champions League
F#cking dreadful din I'm hearing in the Morocco v Iran game. Is it those f#cking vuvuzelas again? I'm dreading watching the tournament if we have to put up with that. I'll have to have the sound off.

Anyone else feel the same?

Yep ruined South African one for me :surrender: and now they are back. Someone obviously bought a job lot and is now the oligarch of vuvuzelas in Russia.

Pitifully unfunny. I'm not having a pop at you VG, I genuinely feel sorry for you (especially after your embarrassing fake news Liverpool picture). I'm happy for some witty teasing banter, so please make some up and then post.

Phil's post was amusing.

F###ing racket ruining another game tonight. Loke being in a massive traffic jam with morons constantly hooting. Thank f### they are banned in England.

When we're talking about football, I'll bow to no-one when it comes to being hidebound and conservative, but I'll make an exception when foreigners are making a racket with horns at international football matches.

Peter Jones, Bryon Butler, talking down a crackly phone line on Radio 2, half drowned out by air horns in somewhere impossibly exotic like Mönchengladbach.. That was what international football was all about back then when it was fun.

I don't mind vuvuzelas, they take me back to those days. Better than the fucking England Brass Band any day.

####ing hated those klaxons back in the 70's too. Made the Germans/Bayern Munich winning everything eeven more unbearable.

I'm surprised at you Alderman or have I been "whooshed"?

It won't surprise anyone to find that I also find he English band tedious too.

Best noise I've witnessed at a game was the fantastic synchronised singing of the Croatian fans in the notorious "Wally with a brolly" match.

No sorry, I think I'm just in the very narrow age band where air horns were impossibly exotic and not in the slightest bit annoying. I can understand why they're loathsome to other people but I can't bring myself to hate them because they remind me of big European nights on the transistor radio.

You can't beat the noise of a crowd singing in unison! One day I hope to hear that at The Gills...

You can't beat the noise of a crowd singing in unison! One day I hope to hear that at The Gills...
We did sing in unison, getting of the train at Victoria, the first time we went to Wembley, sounded brilliant :clap: That is one of my best memories of that day :)